How many atomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljmk

Apr 9, 2009
New England
Bought a nice dse801 for hubby. He has been doing great. Had 4 atomizers and thought we were ok for a bit. Boy, was I wrong. Yesterday two went and the other two(brand new) don't even work. This is just so frustrating. I have an email in to the merchant and some atty's on the way from a different one. How many atomizers should one have on hand? Am thinking of ordering at least 10 from Ruyan so we have some supply. What do you all do?

crazyhorse

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
Baja Alabama
Are you sure they're dead or they're just not putting out vapor?

Why don't you try priming them? The "reservoir" may be dry. Just drip a drop of fluid onto the center through the top and give it a try. If no results, add another drop and try again, etc. If this is non productive, ensure they're not flooded. Stand it on it's head and let it drain overnight.

luvmyvapor

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Texas, USA
So how long would you say an atomizer should last? I have been going through about one a week (at least the ones that work initially).

Also, what brands (suppliers) have you guys had good luck with?

My Janty Dura-c is flawless. My Evo stuff died within a week and I sent the majority of it back. Bought some cheap stuff from DealExtreme and those atomizers outlasted the Evo.
I ordered some stuff from Eastmall and will see how that works and I have a back order with Vapor4Life for a VaporKing.
I'm trying alot of different things because I refuse to go back to analogs but right now I am spending almost as much <sucks>.

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
I have 20+ at all times

I had 20 as well, then I started buying mods and that count needed to change

then a REAL good BFF ( and you know who you are) taught me that 20, 30, 40 ,even 50 would not be enough so I went out and struck a deal with one of our best suppliers and asked about a large purchase for personal use on 901's 4075's and soon I will have a WHOLE BUNCH more
so if you find you cannot buy them for a while, you know who to blame

In other words, they are becoming as valuable as having a job these days, the only reason I want a job is so I can buy more atomizers

Wolf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2009
Kingston, WA, U.S.A.
How many? As many as you can afford. Test them when you get them and store them away. They will be good later. I've been lucky with the 801 attys and I can get them from Jaaxx or MissJaaxx (in GA) in two days. It's an excellent transit time since I'm in Washington state. My last order was ordered on Friday evening (night time for them) and I received it in the Monday mail (about 1pm my time).

ljmk

Apr 9, 2009
New England
He is going to try priming them when he gets home. Right now he is with the guys getting ready to watch the Sox/Yankees. Go Sox! Anyhow, this is still frustrating. I would have an easier time getting ...... than getting ecig supplies and it is just plain stupid. Anyone with a brain can tell that an ecig is less risky than an analog(and this is coming from a non-smoker). All this talk of a ban is just dumb. How the heck are they going to ban an atomizer? Jesus, I can go down the mall and buy a ..... Ok, ranting over. I am going to go to RD and order a bunch of atty's and then order a Vapor King as hubby's second ecig(of course, those are also out of stock:shock: Thanks guys and gals.

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
Place a large order with bestecig.com for BE112 atomizers at a very good price. I placed my first order with them this week based on the rave reviews by superior, super-duper forum member Sun Vapor.

He is going to try priming them when he gets home. Right now he is with the guys getting ready to watch the Sox/Yankees. Go Sox! Anyhow, this is still frustrating. I would have an easier time getting ...... than getting ecig supplies and it is just plain stupid. Anyone with a brain can tell that an ecig is less risky than an analog(and this is coming from a non-smoker). All this talk of a ban is just dumb. How the heck are they going to ban an atomizer? Jesus, I can go down the mall and buy a ..... Ok, ranting over. I am going to go to RD and order a bunch of atty's and then order a Vapor King as hubby's second ecig(of course, those are also out of stock:shock: Thanks guys and gals.

ljmk

Apr 9, 2009
New England
Are you sure they're dead or they're just not putting out vapor?

Why don't you try priming them? The "reservoir" may be dry. Just drip a drop of fluid onto the center through the top and give it a try. If no results, add another drop and try again, etc. If this is non productive, ensure they're not flooded. Stand it on it's head and let it drain overnight.

We did that and two are back to life. One still dead and one accidently lost in the process:(Thank you. I had ordered some juice from a reputable supplier and we received it this week. Hubby said it had a funny taste at times. Since all 4 atty's had trouble since yesterday is it possible the juice clogged the atomizers? Hubby is back to his e-smokey treats liquid(which of course is out of stock) and everything seems ok.

Vapor Vinny

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Lawrence, Kansas
A week is not normal IMO. I just lost my first one after 2 months. I have 4 901's and 2 801's and I'm not worried about running out any time soon.

Good. I did place some back up orders. I'd like to have 10 at all times, but that's more of a supply concern issue more than anything.

Am I the only when who sees these e-cigs as glorified crack pipes?

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Have any of you used the Joye510/Titan/Dura-C/Yeti all the same thing of course... but my god I had the M401 and the PeeWee/Rn4081 and my Joye510 is a beast... Several Reasons - 1 Manual Battery has no cutoff and is sealed so dripping will never damage your battery... 2 even with huge long drags just abusing this atomizer it seems to ask c'mon is that all ya got still using my first after a month of abuse and its as strong as it was day one... 3 the ease of filling carts just like the 901 easy to see & fill the carts no need for paperclip surgery to push up the inner cart blah blah blah Im sorry but from my experience I wont buy any other products on the market the Joye 510 is the best available stock E-Cig on the market and ya get 2 atomizers with every kit standard... WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN!!!

Nicfits

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Texas
www.e-smokers-forum.com
I Love the 510s as well. I have a bunch of the new short manual batts with the led and am only getting an hour or so use out of a charge. Atty got wimpy after about 5 days, gave it a good cleaning and is now drying. Tried a new one and it kept giving me a burnt metallic taste. Nope it wasn't the cart. It did this even when I dripped with no cart filler. I broke out another atty and all was fine. I may try and give that bad tasting new one a cleaning and see if that helps. Not sure if it is some kind of contaminate or bad primer fluid, or what it is. I have had this once before with a brand new 401 atty. It eventually got better. I really want to stock up more on 510 attys, I have just spent too much money on E-cigs in the past few months. I suppose I am going to be ok for awhile counting all the 901s 801s 401s and 510s I currently have. Sorry, I don't have an acurate count, I have cigar boxes full of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread