How many drops to ml for cartomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinky

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2011
oklahoma
Help! Lol!

I just started refilling my cartos yesterday w my first ever fluids. Only done two so far...

I've used 6-9 drops each at a time...having to top off more frequently. One prefilled use to last a whole day. One of the cartos I went up to 11 drops and and yet still got the burnt tast w it.

I would have called vaporkings for advice but they are closed for the holidays. Hoping someone will be able to shed some light on the subject. I don't want to waste liquid. I had to toss the burnt one w perfectly good fluid in it.

After I fill I wait about 15 min before use to let it soak in. So how many drops do I use???

Thank you to any who post. Happy Holidays.

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
1ml can be from 20 to 30 drops. If these are fresh cartos and you are adding 10 drops or less, you definitely run the risk of the liquid not even reaching the coil. As Hoog at madvapes put it, it is better to overfill a cartomizer the first time than to underfill it. Try filling it until it won't take any more without leaking out the bottom and count the drops. Then gently blow it out to remove any excess that has pooled in the tube. Then you will know how much they'll hold. Always let the carto sit for awhile before using, too. I try to let mine sit for about a 1/2 hour.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
It is inexact and depends on the size drops your bottle makes

The conversion table amount is 20 drops = 1 ml

But with a standard 5-10ml eliquid bottle held at an angle I find it more like 23-25, some find it more like 28, sometimes it will just be 20. And it depends in part on how consistently made the cartos are. Crap brands sometimes have shorter stuffing in some cartos. it depends on how tightly the stuffing is in there, how big the central air channel on that carto is, etc. So 1ml carto size is approximate.

I make a 1ml carto take 18 drops (I am blocking the threaded end hole with finger&tissue or with carto spike). Then I wait 20 seconds or so and then add however many more drops it will soak in. Then I clean it up including the threads, and I tilt the open end down and blow into the threaded end to clear the air channel, and after or while doing that, with the open end of the carto still down, I touch dome soft tissue to the top of the stuffing - that will catch the excess that might have sputtered hot drops or ended up in your drip tip. The I settle the carto for 15-20 minutes by laying it on different sides and on the ends, to make sure every bit of stuffing is damp. I use PG w/ 20% or less VG only. If you use thicker juices then you may need to settle longer.

Last edited:

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
...man, load that thing up if you haven't burnt it already..a standard sized carto hold 1ml of juice which is 20-30 drops...fill it until the top of the filler turns "slushy" looking...for a first fill, it doesn't hurt to leave the botton cap on and just plain ol' flood it out...good luck and happy vaping.............
madjack:2cool:

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
Some also prefer the "condom fill" technique, I found Vapor Kings vid, I actually do this and fill a couple and cap with the condoms and throw in my bag

...friends don't let friends use condoms...lol...if you choose this method, be sure and fill the condom 3/4full at least twice...the same thing applies about the top looking slushy when filled properly...after that, about every hour rSo, top up with 10-20 drops or until that "slushy" returns...........
madjack:2cool:

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
:headbang: +1 Madjack :headbang:

Hey Tinky.....didn't we just run into each other over on a vendor sub-forum?

This falls into the category of a video is worth 10,000 words, so there is no audio.

Looking back at this video, there was one thing not included that isn't necessary but a good idea. If you have condoms that came with a little plug for the battery hole, sometimes referred to as a ".... plug" it's a good idea to use it everytime you go to fully fill a Carto.

It helps keep the Air Wick Tube free of juice which will eventually work it's way down onto to your battery connection. It also acts as a back up to prevent a leaking mess in case the Carto is burnt. If the Carto starts leaking profusely after you remove it, re-insert it, spin out the carto using a reverse taryn spin, and toss it.

If you don't have them, it's o.k., a good carto shouldn't leak if you follow this video. If anybody has any questions on how to do a taryn or or reverse taryn spin, I have videos for making easy lanyards to do that as well.

Last edited:

Tinky

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2011
oklahoma

This falls into the category of a video is worth 10,000 words, so there is no audio.

Looking back at this video, there was one thing not included that isn't necessary but a good idea. If you have condoms that came with a little plug for the battery hole, sometimes referred to as a ".... plug" it's a good idea to use it everytime you go to fully fill a Carto.

It helps keep the Air Wick Tube free of juice which will eventually work it's way down onto to your battery connection. It also acts as a back up to prevent a leaking mess in case the Carto is burnt. If the Carto starts leaking profusely after you remove it, re-insert it, spin out the carto using a reverse taryn spin, and toss it.

If you don't have them, it's o.k., a good carto shouldn't leak if you follow this video. If anybody has any questions on how to do a taryn or or reverse taryn spin, I have videos for making easy lanyards to do that as well.

Yes we did snow dragon! And thanks for the replies mad jack and all!

I've been out of pocket a few days and refilling...getting use to refilling.i should say those old cartoms.

The brand I'm currently using is cig2o...can't remember who makes them...will quickly be purchasing new ones. I have found they are not standardized....AT ALL...grrrrrrrrrr. Some may take full 20 drop/ml and no leaks and w others I'm lucky if it takes 10 drops then leaks profusely. I'm using syringe on some and drip on others. About the same luck either way. The amt of fill is not consistent. Kinda irks me...they were on the pricey side 19.99 for 5 at local travel plaza smoke shop. Never again!! Fooled me once...won't fool me twice!!

My conclusions-

1. I'm kinda lazy and wish prefilleds were cheaper w same amazing taste & th...this alone makes refilling worth my while and efforts...my new love is donehill....uh-mazing!!
2. Those bottles are not easy to open...may seem Sily to most...but old Arthur in my dominant hand makes just opening them a pain...but this is necessary to protect kiddos and pets. I've damaged a bottle or two...I'll adjust. I'm glad they are hard to open for that reason. Anyone know an easier open? Hold my mouth just right or what? lol
3. Don't let your cartos get that burnt taste!!!!!! It remains even w refills to some degree!!

Ill probably always have a kr8 w cartos for on the go...but I am really thinking of purchasing a ego for home...looks like the cartridges take tanks....means less cartoms for me to refill...bonus. :)

I got a little over winded in my reply...posted all my thoughts for other noob vapers joining the ranks :). Defin. Refill your cartoms...even though I whined...a little...I always will...it's just so much more cost effective& you can't beat the taste!!

I've tried a few flavors- brandy, strawberry, banana, coffee...but my mainstay will be the good ol tobacco flavors. Donehill & 555 fantastic!!! I'm the same way about my coffee...no froufrou flavors...coffee should taste like coffee...and so should tobacco...or my vape as it were...lol!!!

charady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2011
Iowa
When I used the cig2o brand, it was an automatic battery-so be careful to not get juice on your battery or you could kill it! Luckily I didn't manage to kill mine. Then I bought a kit from elitevaporworks.com of an 808 setup. Loved it-but then hubby moved on to an epower. I wanted to feel special too lol so I bought a kgo and REALLY love it! I also got a joye 510 basic set up too. Still use it to test the flavors of juices before filling a cartomizer, to see if I like them well enough yet!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Good video. As for keeping the air passage free of juice you can also place a round toothpick in the air passage while filling.
Happy New Year, Vapoor.

Tinky

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2011
oklahoma
When I used the cig2o brand, it was an automatic battery-so be careful to not get juice on your battery or you could kill it! Luckily I didn't manage to kill mine. Then I bought a kit from elitevaporworks.com of an 808 setup. Loved it-but then hubby moved on to an epower. I wanted to feel special too lol so I bought a kgo and REALLY love it! I also got a joye 510 basic set up too. Still use it to test the flavors of juices before filling a cartomizer, to see if I like them well enough yet!

*oh charady!! I love the doctor too!!*

Sorry off topic...had to recognize...lol!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread