• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

How many Tabs or programs to you have open on your computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aut0tek

Sep 30, 2010
Bluefield, WV
LOL and I thought I was bad. The only thing I hate about switching to multi-monitors is u feel helpless when ur on someone else's single-monitor PC... And the fact that they're like tattoos. You get one, and soon you'll have as many as you can afford. LOL

Running Ubuntu Studio (10.04) Left side is VMWare running Windows XP, a couple Firefox windows on op-amps, Amarok MP3 player, and google Desktop Sidebar with my gmail and such, and my TV tuner. (on NBC currently)

Right ride is a couple more firefox windows (including this one) an Xchat window, Thunderbird E-Mail, a blank text file for notes, Synaptic, and Eclipse Development Environment. (Java)

IcyShadowz

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2010
SouthWest Mi
OK so i have a 3 monitor setup lol this is going to seem really bad right now because im on this thing 20 hrs out of the day usually on one screen i have 15 tabs of firefox opened all kinds of different things right now i have 4 windows with 9 tabs on one window 6 on the other 7 on the other and 4 on the last one now for screen 2 i have dreamweaver and photoshop opened along with adobe image editor and theres like 5 tabs on my dream weaver and the last screen i have ecf about 5 tabs with that a tab for watching movies i have utorrent opened on this one and some video editing software opened and a game im playing in the back ground i also have the tv on which im watching not watching screen 2 right now and a few other things in the back ground the wife always yells at me to close it all down becasue she cant ever find the internet on my computer lol and i know what you mean auto i feel so helpless like i cant ever do it right like a crippled guy trying to work this one handed
Edit : didnt see web guys stuff but if i had that many monitors i would be screwed my computer would crash although really nice

Last edited:
Ok so I only have 2 monitor's, I want 8...hubby laughed at me :)....

my count Visual Studio at least 15 tabs usually more,
ff 7 instances with 7-22 tabs open
2 different remote connections with more tabs on each
outlook with 12 messages open that I have to get back to
oh crap my printer froze cuz I have that open too, need to get back that one
SQL management server lost count of how many queries open there, need to go confirm those queries before I close it

It's a light night, tomorrow is when the real work begins :)

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Are you talking the tabs and programs I openned today or include ones from days before which have no idea what I was doing?

It depends...are the ones from the days before STILL open? If so, then you can count them.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
I won't be able to post here in the future without joining the group. But, for now...

damn, I'm always battling tabs. I only reboot once in two or three weeks typically, and the browser is always open. I tend to leave tabs for stuff I want to "get back to" and that often leaves them for weeks on end. The result is panning right to left because there are too many tabs to display without scrolling. Ah, well, ain't it grand though? I mean, that my previous thoughts are even possible. :)

moonlessnight

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2011
Spokane WA
I have 8 tabs on my phone browser all ECF. The TV going and 4 programs going on the computer, editing ebooks, music, my resume, and playing solitare. So how many tabs do you have open and programs running? Ooooh and I want to be the Sock monkey from the Kia Sorento commercial. :p

Sounds like a typical day at my house drives my wife nuts that I can surf watch TV and talk to her all at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread