Target Pro 75W Software Customization, Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, just joined in hopes of being able to resolve some issues. I've had my Target Pro 75W for about 6 or 7 months now. I really like the little guy. About a week ago though I decided to update the firmware and customize some of the features. Unfortunately I did not save a copy of the original firmware (stupid me).

There are four categories of issues I would like to get resolved
1: Customized display bitmaps not working correctly
2: Temperature control resistance coefficients issues/misunderstandings
3: Temperature control lines don't seem to work properly
4: Less important miscellaneous things

I have included relevant pictures of the program for each category. Also, on google drive, I uploaded a zip file that contains all of my custom bitmaps, current mod file, current firmware update, and a copy of the program. I can't get links to work for some reason, here is URL for zip file:
drive.google.com/open?id=1yoaleFYQ-Zp6vBY2sa_Ja5e0lSsci3K5

I understand there is quite a lot in this post, and many different things to address. So after a particular issue is resolved, I will Italicize and change the color of the pertaining text. Hopefully that'll help clean it up a bit.

First, here is the "device Information" tab, if it helps at all.
Device%20Information%20Tab_zpsj9n2kz4a.png

CUSTOM BITMAP ISSUE
Display%20Tab%201_zps3vcflcyu.png

Display%20Tab%202_zpsgjzshduv.png

So, when I first started playing around with the Display Tab everything was working smoothly. I did some basic things like change the "power on" and "power off" screen, and the "waiting for over time screen". I had no issues with it whatsoever, and everything looked peachy. I changed some other settings here and there (nothing I remember specifically at that time).

About half an hour into it though, the "waiting for over time" screen stopped working. My device now shows the default "over 10s". The program however, maintains my custom screen. When you plug a device in, it auto loads settings from the device. Even though the device displays the default 10 seconds screen, when I plug it in, it auto loads the customized screen that I last put on it. Which is really weird.

I have tried setting everything to defaults, creating random bitmaps, reloading the new firmware, reinstalling the entire program. Nothing seems to affect it. Every single other screen is now customized, and they all work fine. But the "waiting for over time" just will not comply. I wonder if there is a way to do a factory reset.

COEFFICIENTS (PARAMETERS TAB)
Parameters%20Tab_zpstbp9o1dh.png

I do not exactly understand why or how the coefficients affect my vape. I know that increasing them requires me to increase the temperature setting on my vape for an equivalent hit. And, lowering them has the expected opposite effect. But why does it do this? What exactly is it doing?

Also, why does the "TCR" parameter always auto-adjust itself to whatever setting "Ti" is on? Like I'll change "Ti", but next time I plug the vape in, "TCR" suddenly changes itself to whatever "Ti" is set at. Is this normal? If so, why?

Another thing about TC. While using titanium, if I change to TC instead of Ti, it hits way harder at the same temp setting. Why is this? They are both set at the same coefficient (It's impossible to make them different).

TEMPERATURE CONTROL (TEMPERATURE CONTROL LINES TAB)
Temperature%20Lines%20Tab_zpsiz6tmmrf.png

Alright, I think this is mostly just misunderstanding stuff on my part. I have only ever used titanium and kanthal with this vape, and have no other metals to test with. So keep that in mind. First, does the "SS" setting work only for actual stainless steel, or will it work on kanthal too? I ask because whether I'm on "SS" or "TC" the temperature line has no effect whatsoever. The device hovers at the same wattage throughout.

With a titanium wire it acts a little different. If I leave the temperature line flat then the device will apply around 20% increased wattage for about one second, then go back down for the remainder of the time. However, I can adjust the temperature line and it will have an effect. If I lower the first 4 lines by about 20%, then my device applies a steady wattage throughout. So it seems to work for titanium, but for some reason has a base setting that is not reflected accurately in the program.

MISCELLANEOUS
On the website, you are instructed to power off the device, take the battery out, and hold the fire button down while plugging the device into the computer. For me though, no matter how I do it, the computer will not recognize the device without a battery in it. Could this be part of my issue? I have tried different cords, different USB ports, and a different computer just to be safe. They all behave the same way.

Something odd too. This only occurs in temperature control mode, it never happens in wattage mode. Sometimes I will get a 10 second warning well before 10 seconds has elapsed. The only pattern I can discern is it tends to happen more often after the vape has been idle for a couple minutes. And, commonly between two and five seconds is when the warning occurs. It does indeed stop the vape too, it's not just a false warning message.

In temperature control mode, I am not exactly sure what causes this to happen, as it has occurred in several different set ups. Occasionally (rarely), the wattage kinda freaks out. Like it'll start off at something crazy like 60 for a second, then drop to single digits for a couple seconds, an then shoot back up to 60 for a second, and repeat. What's up with that? There's also other times when the wattage is mostly under control, like let's say it hovers around 20, and then seemingly at random after two or three seconds it'll just drop to like 5 for the remainder of the hit. Could it be a problem with the board? Or is it more likely some problem with my set up?

Is there a way to apply temperature line settings to the wattage mode? Or possibly some kind of hack to do so? I would just like to be able to have the wattage run high for a second or less because some set ups require a second or two of warm up time.

CONCLUSION
Sorry for the very long post. I try to be detailed so you can understand what's going on better. If anybody could help me out with some of my issues or questions that would be greatly appreciated. I stated earlier, "I wonder if there is a way to do a factory reset." If anybody knows if this is possible, I believe it would resolve my issues.

And like I said, I really like this little mod. Except for these issues and the fact that it is only one battery, it really is a nice little device. I might modify it in the future to fit a second battery. I don't think it'd be that difficult. And, if these issues can be resolved, that would make it be everything I want out of a vape.

Last edited:
Ya, that's exactly how the website says to do it. But it won't work for me. I've tried every different combination I can think of. Different buttons being held, order of plugging things in, different USB ports/cords, even different computer, but absolutely nothing works until that batt goes in. I've tried applying settings after different plug in methods as well. Such as plug in without batt, hold fire down, and then pop in the batt. Stuff like that, but no effect.

Last edited:
You got all this out of your Target Pro? I was happy when I figured out how to change the display orientation.

The software does offer a lot more than I expected when I had purchased the device. That is of course if it worked correctly...

As a side, I didn't realize I only had the opportunity to edit for only two days. So disregard that part about noting solved issues on the original post.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001
So I guess Photobucket sucks now? It says I need to pay to embed pics on 3rd party sites (forums like this). So I'm trying imgBB now. But they won't let me embed full size pics, so just click on the pic to go to full res img. They are all in the same order as the original post and have their corresponding title above each.

DEVICE INFORMATION

CUSTOM BITMAP ISSUES (DISPLAY TAB)

COEFFICIENTS (PARAMETERS TAB)

TEMPERATURE CONTROL (TEMPERATURE LINES TAB)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread