How much $$$ did you save since you started vaping and what did you do with all the extra dough???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gulliverfoyle

Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
NJ
I had a big habit so saving money for me is easy. In NJ average $7 per pack of smokes, I smoked 3 a day, no ...., sometimes 2.5. Conservative estimate, smoking cheap butts at $6.50 per pack, $15/day, $105/week, $420/month. Now that was crazy,and it really averaged a little more than that. I could buy a Joker, Silver Bullet, Omega, Provari watever, every month and be ahead of the game. Almost 3 months since I quit smoking and started vaping, spent hundreds on vaping and still waaay ahead, and I feel a whole lot better, and don't stink anymore.

5vz

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
in here somewhere USA
Nothing, not a cent. Not even my mind.

But, what fun it has been, and it still is!

Flavor, flavor, everywhere! New and exciting PV's that simulate cigarettes better than cigarettes did! New people sharing in a way that would never be known! Worlds unexplored,

ok, I digress................

Not a dang dime save, and no regrets.

sidetrack

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
among the sea shells
When I saw this tread I had to read the posts. Just as I had suspected. Not one penny saved for most of us. I feel so much better now. I thought I was the only one who had been vaping for a grand total of 16 days and managed to spend a whopping $420.00. After 4 days I realized vaping will be a lifelong thing for me. Then came day 5 and that's when all the "what ifs" started. At this point you can't just run to the local 7-11 and pick up what you have run out of. So charge card in hand the spending began. Two X-power kits, extra atty's, extra carts, 250ml 100mg nic juice(but it's on sale I justified), 50 flavors, PG, VG, bottles, syringes & needles, blue foam, organizing boxes, labels, sharpies,tweezers, carring cases and asorted misc. stuff I now feel I have set myself up for sucess! At least untill next week..........
Long story short, do this for your health not the huge $$ you're going to save especially in the beginning.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
I keep a spreadsheet with every purchase I make, minus what I used to pay for smokes
in New Jersey, 1.5 pad. The results after a little over 6 months are in my signature,
I try to limit my purchases to half what I used to burn up with nothing to show for it.

p.s. The amont spent includes the 4-6 month supply of juice in my stash, holiday sales
are teriffic for bargins.

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
One year in, I think I am now breaking even, I use to smoke about 5 packs a week. I didn't look to save or spend more, first rule to successful vaping and quitting, don't look at it like a super saver right off the get go. Started last February, was actually out more money by June but by August was down to spending around 20 bucks a month. This month, I spent about two months worth of smoking again but in two months I will be totally cig free. So maybe I haven't saved a dime but factor in what I have gained and I hit the jackpot!

Straybeat

Jun 26, 2010
Phoenix
Geez, am I the only cheap ....... here? :laugh: I haven't bought many mods, I have a decent supply of juice, but it's been a year collecting it. Now I'm looking at making my own.

I found a gallon of PG at Amazon for $18 to $30, but I haven't ascertained if it's pharmaceutical grade. I've read that non-pharmaceutical can make you very sick because of impurities!

Because of my job though I was in a position where I could only buy one major thing a year, so I had to make it count and be sure it was something that would get used. I guess that carried over to my personal life? Now I'm the same way with e-cigs, only buy what I need and use it all before buying something else. Call me frugal. :p

Matthis1

ECF Veteran
I don't think I'll break even till I hit the 500.00 mark. I spent a WHOLE lotta money my first 3 weeks of vaping, and already have my eye on a new set of Ego T-Tank PVs that I want next month. The up side? I'm getting my sense of taste and smell back and I ADORE being a non-smoker!!!! Also, I have enough DIY stuff to keep me in juice for at least a year!

Matthis1

ECF Veteran
Geez, am I the only cheap ....... here? :laugh: I haven't bought many mods, I have a decent supply of juice, but it's been a year collecting it. Now I'm looking at making my own.

I found a gallon of PG at Amazon for $18 to $30, but I haven't ascertained if it's pharmaceutical grade. I've read that non-pharmaceutical can make you very sick because of impurities!

Because of my job though I was in a position where I could only buy one major thing a year, so I had to make it count and be sure it was something that would get used. I guess that carried over to my personal life? Now I'm the same way with e-cigs, only buy what I need and use it all before buying something else. Call me frugal. :p

I wish I had that kind of control

ByStander1

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
West Virginia
not prone to addiction (ha) and not subject to the problem of "needing" artificial desires (a.k.a toys and gizmos and a better experience) you won't save a lot of money.

Nope, no, not at all, addicted, never (ha)!

when it comes to vaping its more like one of those wine tasting clubs and despite the fact is there is no such thing as the perfect bottle of wine there are better wines and worse and the subjective element of the palate the social snobbery and the keeping up with the jonses not to mention the jonesing for the perfect way to administer a drug which creates intense craving

:lol:

My son did a demonstration of an "...'11 vintage bottle of Virginia Flavor #9..." at a Christy's auction just the other day.

The similarities to wines is funny.

ByStander1

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
West Virginia
Seriously, after a few PVs, I plan to be "set" for a while in the hardware department. I invested in bulk sizes of PG & VG and a bunch of flavorings. Hopefully, the savings will set in before, too, long. Regardless, not contributing to the US cigarette industry is worth it!!! Not to mention feeling sooooo much better every day!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread