How much do you vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unhooked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2012
Michigan USA
The title should say "How Often do you vape?" but I can't edit it now.

I've noticed some folks who vape take a big drag about once every 15 minutes. Others vape all day. With an analog cig, you most folks basically smoke for about 12 drags (one cig) about once an hour. Is it unusual for someone to just sit and vape all day most of the day?

Last edited:

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
I smoked 3 packs a day of cigarettes. Basically lit one off the last one all day every day. Even with broken ribs. Even while I had pneumonia. When it got to the point I couldn't smoke at work ("new" laws; I'm 60 years old) I'd make up for it when I got home. I could hot-box a cig to the filter in 4 minutes at one time.

I use 6 ml of juice a day. Have pretty much, since I started vaping (9 years ago) My equipment has improved, but juice usage stayed the same, tho my nic level has gone way down.

I vape MUCH less often than I smoked.
YMMV

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Last thing I want to do is vape like I smoked! The last 20 years, I never smoked in my house or car or any inside establishment due to smoking bans, be it summer or the dead of winter. Why would any sane person do that unless forced?

But more to your point, I have never been able to vape like I smoked in relation to hits. I've stepped out to the porch on a nice day and just can't take 15 or so drags in 5 - 6 minutes. I prefer and enjoy spreading those 15 or so drags over the course of an hour or so.

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
When i first started vaping i was trying to use it like a cigarette(1ml or less a day), puffs after meals and ect. After a year or so i got more "into" vaping and started vaping all day, to the point i was lung hitting and consuming up to 15+mls a day of ejuice. Ive since then dropped back down to 2mls or less a day and only vaping so often(like a analog) for about 6 months now.

Reactions: Princessdee

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I've noticed some folks who vape take a big drag about once every 15 minutes. Others vape all day. With an analog cig, you most folks basically smoke for about 12 drags (one cig) about once an hour. Is it unusual for someone to just sit and vape all day most of the day?

Most of those all day vapers are vaping 3 or 6 mg nicotine.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I vape 7 ml per day at 10 mg nic. I keep track of the amount. Even though I'm not self conscious about vaping during the day that is a very reliable number that makes it easy to mix. A 2 week supply is 100 ml, 200 ml for a month. The VTC mini has a puff counter and puff timer. Those numbers can vary a lot and still end up at 7 ml. I may vape less when it is very hot. I might vape less when I'm outside most of the day because vaping seems to be a better experience indoors. My puffs are short, may be 1.2-1.5 seconds.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Was a 2PAD smoker and I think I vape pretty much like I smoked. Currently using a 5ml Lemo RTA loaded with whatever "tasty" vape I'm into at the time and will go thru 3.5-4.5ml in that tank. But I keep a PT2 handy and loaded with my smoking-ish flavor and usually refill that also every 2-3 days (2.4ml).

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
I vape about 7ml of 9mg during the week and closer to 15-20ml on the weekends if I'm just sitting around the house.
If we're sitting around gaming, I take more puffs, but shorter. Hope that makes sense. Fighting a boss I might have an opportunity for a quick puff but not a deep one.

OTOH, if we're out at the barn or doing some kind of project (just HAD to buy a fixer-upper house :censored: ) then I'll go several hours without touching it and not really feel the need to.

Setting watching a movie, I find myself reaching for it for those long enjoyable inhales, but not puffing as often.

We're all different and vaping can fit any one of us as we see fit, without feeling like we're wasting half a cig if we only have a moment. That's what makes it magical. At least for me.:cool:

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
I have been vaping for 2 1/2 years

I mouth to lung vape like I would smoke a cigarette ... Power set to 13 watts

5 ml of 15mg Nic juice per day = 75mg Nic per day total

Kayfun%202.jpg

After trying so many different atomizers, I just keep going back to the good ol' Kayfun Lite-Plus V2

(Not enough airflow for direct lung hits ... but great for mouth to lung 'tootle puffers')

Last edited:

MagicJosh

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2015
Boston, MA, USA
When I started which wasn't all that long ago, I vaped ALLOT! I was craving ciggs so bad... I even vaped 24 mg's.. I realized the people who are vaping the ''Big Clouds'' are usually vaping 3 - 1 mg's of e juice. The people who toot are vaping higher mg's of juice. I'm back up to 6 mg's because I was wheezing from vaping big clouds all day.. People need to be careful with vaping as well, because it can give some short term breathing wheezing effects. I never had asthma but i 'have had some side effects that 'felt similar to asthma. Just an FYI...

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
I use a little tootle-puffer Ovale Elips, and have 6 of them in rotation ...

One in my hand, one in the PCC, four more on deck ...

Been refilling tanks every other day, so I'm probably running through 3 to 4 ml per day of 24mg menthol juice ...

I'm retired, so no more silly work restrictions, and I stealth vape everywhere away from home, even in the car. I live in a town that is particularly aggressive in enforcing smoking regulations (they don't know the difference, or care to learn) and the use of electronic devices while driving ... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread