How Much Does the Battery Matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iz2sick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Burbs of Detroit
I'm curious as to exactly why people value batteries like Provari. I mean, the quality of vape should depend mainly on the atomizer correct? This is where the coils are and where the vapor is created. So all else equal, the same atomizer should give you the same vaping experience across different batteries shouldn't it?

An eGo twist with a Protank set to 4v should give you the same vape as a Provari with a Protank at 4v shouldn't it? If actual voltage is of course equal in both.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
The atomizer would be your tires - Quality tires perform best.
It still takes a good car to make them go properly:D

A well regulated power source will provide accurate, consistent power through out use. No fluctuations and no drop off. Can be adjusted for varying resistances and best temperature for specific Flavors/blends.
Brand may be status, but performance is the actual reason.

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
If you have a battery that is not regulated, then as the battery drains, the quality of your vape decreases. That is one example of how a battery can affect the quality of your vaping experience. And when you say "batteries" you basically are referring to the entire PV and the circuitry that regulates the batteries performance. Some do a better job than others.

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
One difference that could matter is voltage drop. Cheaper battery mods will have a bigger voltage drop, producing inconsistent wattage.

Hopefully someone can add more detail, because my understanding is really vague.

I have a regulated 5v mod. I am already looking into my first variable voltage mod though, because my current ADVape works great on my 3.7v pen, but has too much TH on my 5v Woo.

iz2sick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Burbs of Detroit
Yea, but I did say "all else equal". So my assumptions were correct. It's mainly the atomizer. I know there are a lot of lesser quality batteries out there with poor/inconsistent regulation. But I'm sure there are batteries that perform just as well as a Provari, but much cheaper. For example, I've heard nothing but good things about the eGo Twist models and its copies.

Would be cool for someone on YouTube to do a blind test on people that claim that Provaris are better than the next device. I personally do want a Provari though. Partly because of the hype and partly because it looks cool. I've also seen some awesome box mods that I want just based on looks lol.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I'm curious as to exactly why people value batteries like Provari. I mean, the quality of vape should depend mainly on the atomizer correct? This is where the coils are and where the vapor is created. So all else equal, the same atomizer should give you the same vaping experience across different batteries shouldn't it?

An eGo twist with a Protank set to 4v should give you the same vape as a Provari with a Protank at 4v shouldn't it? If actual voltage is of course equal in both.

You're kinda mixing apples and oranges here. Your Twist is all self contained and has a battery that's pretty limited. While the Twist is a great starter, it can't compare with an APV that contains a 18650 battery. Your comparison of the Twist and Provari would be like comparing a VW Beetle to a Dodge Challenger SRT. Yeah, they're both cars, but the power plant under the hood is vastly different.

I started off with a 1000mAh Twist. Loved it. With one teeny exception. They just didn't last long enough. I could get about 5-6 hours on that Twist before it needed to be charged. My SVD with a 2600mAh 18650 will last me over a day.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Yea, but I did say "all else equal". So my assumptions were correct. It's mainly the atomizer. I know there are a lot of lesser quality batteries out there with poor/inconsistent regulation. But I'm sure there are batteries that perform just as well as a Provari, but much cheaper. For example, I've heard nothing but good things about the eGo Twist models and its copies.

Would be cool for someone on YouTube to do a blind test on people that claim that Provaris are better than the next device. I personally do want a Provari though. Partly because of the hype and partly because it looks cool. I've also seen some awesome box mods that I want just based on looks lol.

A PV doesn't have to be on the high end of cost to perform well. But when it comes to longevity and consistency "over time", a better built PV with quality circuitry will probably last longer and be more consistent. And I agree with the point that comparing a Twist to a Provari is like comparing a '67 VW to a BMW.

Last edited:

Burn14me

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2013
El paso Texas
If device has circuitry that would be the difference some fire at different frequencies. Like a fully automatic machine guns some fire 900 rounds per minute some fire 300 rounds per minute. I know the vamo fires at 33hz and the provari is different don't have one to test but sure someone here does

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I get it now. You guys are mentioning real differences in battery performance. But I was just asking about differences in the actual act of vaping.

Blindfolded, would you be able to tell the difference vapes with a eGo Twist and a Provari both set to the same voltage and with the same atomizer?

Yes......................

ciggfree

Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Arizona
I don't get nit-picky but love thoose who do: learn the most from those folks. I could probably tell the difference - just could not tell which was which. Taste is ultra subjective. I totally agree with the others who are speaking about how the differences are not about taste, but about battery longevity and consistancy. One can't just try and catorigize an EGO twist with a Provari - when it comes to anything other than taste of final delivered vapor. Yes, they both heat up a coil and vaporize the juice.
Two reasons I want a Provari - USA made and has many, many good reveiws with regards to quality.
Two reasons I dislike the Provari - one button (personnally do not like the multiple pushing of one button access the menus) and the price. :)

ovrjoyd

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 2, 2013
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I have 3 ATmos RX 650 mah, Ego twist, Joytech digiital VV, 2 Go Gos,1 Go Go Fury and my first bigger mod... My Vamo V3. I love them all for different reasons. I can't say my Vamo gives me a more monster vape than my smallest non vv Atmos RX nail battery (my fav). Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my Vamo but it's not something I can carry around all day. I can produce enormous clouds of smoke with the right ejuice and carto and all of them. Using the same carto and ejuice on my little "nail" battery produces the same amount fo vapor as my Vamo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread