Status
Not open for further replies.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I go through about 100 ml week of 3mg liquid, about 15 ML a day. Is this average or above norm?

When I first switched from smoking to vaping, I was only using about 2 ml a day but it was 45mg in a low vapor device. As I lowered the MG on nic, the ml used increased. Still less nicotine per day though than when I started.

Okay so how much are you going through in a day or week everyone?

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
I go through about 9-10ml/day of 8mg. I noticed as I lowered my nic, I vaped more (or the other way around). Especially as I started DIY and started making liquids I really enjoyed, I wanted to taste them more, and lowered my nic so I could. :)

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I go through about 100 ml week of 3mg liquid, about 15 ML a day. Is this average or above norm?
I have too many mods in rotation to be sure but I estimate I use 15 - 20ml per day of 3mg vaping DL in TC SS mode in the 0.10 - 0.30 ohm range. I could care less how much I go thru since it only costs me about $2 per 100ml to make.

edit to add: I recently upped the nic in all my steeping juice to 4.5mg so may daily ml consumption may go down some when that higher nic stuff is fully in the rotation.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
6-10mL per day for me. I am a sub-ohm, DTL (direct-to-lung), tank using, 5mg/mL DIYing, type of vaper. My opinion only; but I personally think how you vape (MTL(mouth-to-lung) or DTL, sub-ohm or plus-ohm, cloud-chaser or tootle-puffer, chain-vaper or occasional-vaper, etc.) has as much to do with how much e-liquid you go through; as nic content does.:)

Last edited:

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA

When I first switched from smoking to vaping, I was only using about 2 ml a day but it was 45mg in a low vapor device. As I lowered the MG on nic, the ml used increased. Still less nicotine per day though than when I started.

Okay so how much are you going through in a day or week everyone?

I would consider that "average". I routinely go through 15ml a day at 3mg too ;)

pwmeek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
SE Michigan
A little under 2 ml/day. This is considerably down from last year's 3-5 ml/day and much less than I used to use.

What is more interesting to me would be how many mg of nicotine per day people are using. I'm using around 100 mg/day of nicotine. This is also down from my previous level which was closer to 200 mg/day. I reduced both juice per day and nicotine per day by increasing the strength of my juice - first from 36 mg/ml to 50, and then to my current 65 mg/ml. (I tried 100 mg/ml (10% pure nicotine) for a couple of weeks, but it was just too easy to overpuff and get a bit nic-sick.)

I find that now I vape less frequently (and my lungs feel better) and I actually use less nicotine each day. Plus, I don't need to have a rig in one hand all the time so I can do things like type.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd say about 6 ml of 18 mg nic per day-ish, maybe a bit more if I'm stressed or just being supremely lazy....

I do want to lower my nic, but am hoping not to increase consumption. I got some stuff to order DIY before I make up my next mixes, but they are all going to be 17 mg/ml I figure I'll give that a shot....

I do think even chainvaping, MTL, it's a lot harder to go through huge volumes of juice, for sure....

Anna

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
15 TO 20 ML a day?? I DIY so I don't worry about it much. Most is at 3mg, but I threw some 5mg in there to see if that would reduce my intake a bit.
I do remember last year, 6mg eliquids could give me slight OD symptoms.
But then my equipment has changed totally since then.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
@pwmeek

When I started vaping I did 45 mg but only couple ml a day. I don't think that I could even do a hit off of 65MG nic without getting sick right away.

I do tend to chain vape in the morning and slow down later in the afternoon. I think it is more of a habit at this point rather than needing the nic though. I can go out and stay out without the vape for several hours and not really miss it that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread