How much money a week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2008
Buxton Maine USA
I was spending about $35-45 on burning cigs a week. With e-cig I have cut it down to $30 a week. Not a big savings..I am still trying to find the right e-cig to make the switch totaly. Generic pen style had a bad battery, so I was only able to use one battery. I have ordered a kissbox and if it works hope to make the switch. Then the saving should be much larger. State of Maine USA taxes cig very high. Remember being able to breath after climbing a set of stairs is worth alot.....
Strider

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
If you ignore buying the toys, I reckon I used to spend about £50 week of cigarettes or if I was feeling broke about £14 on rollups. Now about £10 /week on juice, haven't got a feel for how much atomisers / batteries are going to cost.

However if you factor in all the capital costs (MUST STOP BUYING NEW E-CIGS) , it's going to be a couple of months before I see a saving.

Marvelbeast

Oct 14, 2008
UK
I know this might sound really sad but I was/am so addicted to smoking that I was spending over £300 a month of cigarettes. Add my partners £200 a month!

I was actually getting into debt because of smoking and the more stressed I was getting about my finances the more cigarettes I would smoke. Seeing the news item on the BBC last week has probably saved me from being evicted!

Yeah I realise that it sounds pretty over the top but we were truly in dire straits. OK, I know I'm new to e-smoking but I think I prefer my new e-ciggie to a "real" one already. I bought the super cigarette from pillbox's site and the totally wicked juice from his other site.

I think that we've worked out that we will now be spending about a £1 to £2 a day now instead of £15 to £20 between the two of us. My partner thinks he can give up if I'm not "smoking" but he's going to e-smoke if he can't.

I've spent about:
£38 (including postage) on my starter kit:
£30 on e-liquid (Totally Wicked):
£7 on a new atomiser:
and £40 on 100 cartridges.

I need to e-smoke for a bit longer to see how many carts and how much refill liquid I am using to really work out I am saving but if it works out about how much I "think". It will be about £30 to £40 a month including carts, refills and replacement batteries/atomisers. So over 90% less spending.

Add to that the money I will save on extras I would buy at the news agent when I bought a packet of fags such as sweets and chocolates etc...

I'm still in shock (in a nice way).

I've converted 5 people this week. As soon as pay day arrives they're all going to be setting themselves up as e-smokers! All of them have smoked for 10+ years too.

Coldevil

Oct 11, 2008
Lancs,UK
I know this might sound really sad but I was/am so addicted to smoking that I was spending over £300 a month of cigarettes. Add my partners £200 a month!

I was actually getting into debt because of smoking and the more stressed I was getting about my finances the more cigarettes I would smoke. Seeing the news item on the BBC last week has probably saved me from being evicted!

Yeah I realise that it sounds pretty over the top but we were truly in dire straits. OK, I know I'm new to e-smoking but I think I prefer my new e-ciggie to a "real" one already. I bought the super cigarette from pillbox's site and the totally wicked juice from his other site.

I think that we've worked out that we will now be spending about a £1 to £2 a day now instead of £15 to £20 between the two of us. My partner thinks he can give up if I'm not "smoking" but he's going to e-smoke if he can't.

I've spent about:
£38 (including postage) on my starter kit:
£30 on e-liquid (Totally Wicked):
£7 on a new atomiser:
and £40 on 100 cartridges.

I need to e-smoke for a bit longer to see how many carts and how much refill liquid I am using to really work out I am saving but if it works out about how much I "think". It will be about £30 to £40 a month including carts, refills and replacement batteries/atomisers. So over 90% less spending.

Add to that the money I will save on extras I would buy at the news agent when I bought a packet of fags such as sweets and chocolates etc...

I'm still in shock (in a nice way).

I've converted 5 people this week. As soon as pay day arrives they're all going to be setting themselves up as e-smokers! All of them have smoked for 10+ years too.
sounds like a winner my fellow north westerner :)
Really want my e-cig to come then i can kick the analogues:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread