Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
WoW 30ml per day :shock:
That's about on par with those automated mtl puff test systems in the development lab I imagine...:p
Nah i'm boring..started out on 12mg and still are there. I work from home and puff all day.
I'm alternating between about 5 devices...1.0ohm at 13W. I'm using on average about 3 ml per day between them I guess.

Last edited:

FinallyQuit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
SC
I started vaping 24 mg and it took me years to quit smoking along with vaping. I only dropped to 18 mg about a year ago. I use a 1.8 ohm nautilus at 14 watts, and I have to refill (5 ml) every other day.

The B&M which I've been buying my all-day-every-day liquid from isn't making it anymore, so I'll be forced to find something else. As I had found my perfect setup, I hadn't shopped for years, and now the majority of vendors only have 0-3-6 mg.

The problem for me is that a huge drop in nicotine will cause me to go straight back to smoking again. I'm thinking about going to a sub-ohm tank and higher wattage and just trying to muscle through the cravings.

I used 12 mg liquid yesterday, never put it down, ran through almost 10 ml, and was quite unpleasant to be around for the entire day. I'm not looking forward to this one bit.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
After a few months at all of this I ended up at a steady 18 and 3-4 mil a day for a few years. I didn't dare go lower nic.

Things changed and after a stint with zero nic quickly eased up to 6, which now works well for me. And, with newer equipment (still MTL) the mil's about doubled. I'm still there, though I'm finding it's working well to use 12-18 in stealthy devices.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I started vaping 24 mg and it took me years to quit smoking along with vaping. I only dropped to 18 mg about a year ago. I use a 1.8 ohm nautilus at 14 watts, and I have to refill (5 ml) every other day.

The B&M which I've been buying my all-day-every-day liquid from isn't making it anymore, so I'll be forced to find something else. As I had found my perfect setup, I hadn't shopped for years, and now the majority of vendors only have 0-3-6 mg.

The problem for me is that a huge drop in nicotine will cause me to go straight back to smoking again. I'm thinking about going to a sub-ohm tank and higher wattage and just trying to muscle through the cravings.

I used 12 mg liquid yesterday, never put it down, ran through almost 10 ml, and was quite unpleasant to be around for the entire day. I'm not looking forward to this one bit.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
One possible solution: Order a bottle of 100mg nic base and use it to spike the weak sauce people are trying to sell you.

Better yet, just start mixing your own juice. Yes, there's a small initial investment in supplies required, but the reality is, if you can mix a drink, you can make e-liquid.

Oh, and if someone is no longer making a juice you really liked, and that you bought from them regularly, it can't hurt to ask for the recipe.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I am actively trying to reduce my nicotine consumption so it varies a bit. I started at 50mg/ml and decreased it to 25mg/ml and then decreased it again to 12mg/ml. I will occasionally get a boost from a backup with a higher concentration if the 12mg/ml isn't cutting it. I am trying to get down even lower than 12mg/ml but it is difficult. I am only using low power pod devices so they put out a lot less vapor than bigger box mods and tanks. I usually don't consume more than 2 ml per day. My goal is to quit nicotine.

Don't know how anyone has the time to vape 20 ml in one day! Most of the folks I know work and have kids and lots of other responsibilities that take up their time. Maybe those who consume 20ml are working in the vape industry and can vape all day.

Again, it’s about the device. I’m hard pressed to go through 3 mls a day mtl. But I can vape 3 mls with my morning coffee in my Zeus dual. And in the morning, I need that big hit.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Oh, and if someone is no longer making a juice you really liked, and that you bought from them regularly, it can't hurt to ask for the recipe.
How much money do you want if you ever get the recipe for Sweet-Vapes Nutty Coffee? They quit selling their juice on August 8, 2016 without notice. And if you call them up and just mention juice, they will just hang up on you. I saved the last 3ml I had just to open and smell since it was my all time favorite. Although after two years, it isn't smelling as good as it once did. It was expensive too, 50 bucks per 120ml and no discounts.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I started on an eGo w/CE4 clearo with 'premium' e-liquid at a 21 mg/ml nic level. I still use a pre-mixed unflavored e-liquid with a 24 mg/ml nic level. I usually, or sometimes, add in one or two flavors to that, which will bring the nic level down to the high 19's/low 20's. I go thru about a ml and a half, maybe 2, of that a day.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Tried nic salts yet, @Skunk! ? I couldn't tolerate a throat hit at ALL when I started vaping and moved to DIY quickly.

Also, I was also MEH on snus and never wanted to try it, but I have to say in a work situation it holds up, it might be some good base level coverage in between like, vaping, (if you can find something you can stand the taste of, which the good folks on the "What's under your lip nose etc. part 2 thread" are good for. I've got a snus flavor that isn't US based but it tastes exactly like English breakfast tea (it's rasberry) and a 20 mg piece can last me a couple hours with a few puffs in between here and there to satisfy the MTL thing. It's way better than nicotine replacement and I actually credit it with like, getting away from cigarettes during my relapse.

I tested it under the harshest conditions, too, my brief 6 hour stint at the jail which was THE WORST but also my day long interview in which I vaped like ONE time and it was like a 15 hour day, etc.

Anna

Reactions: BillW50

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    How much money do you want if you ever get the recipe for Sweet-Vapes Nutty Coffee? They quit selling their juice on August 8, 2016 without notice. And if you call them up and just mention juice, they will just hang up on you. .
    When I was like 10 or 12, my grandfather told me, "If you don't ask, you don't get." Of course, asking doesn't make mean you will get. And in some situations, it might get you slapped, but hey... ;)

• Love
    Reactions: Izan

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    I just think it's totally individual to the person, the build, and etc. I find my body kind of naturally self adjusts, after vaping on one of my sirens, especially if it is one of my "higher nic tanks" that I started using for when I want to smoke, well, I just put the vape down for a bit and etc. I don't really feel the need to tailor my nicotine to my build, because once I'm happily vaped and nic'd up, my body lets me know, although I did use my sirens as an example because they are my most vapor producing tanks (probably) and well, enough is enough when it is enough.

Do I think higher MG liquids should be on the market? Well they already are, especially if you look at salt liquids, I mean you can get pretty high nic liquid from salt lines, although I certainly know that there are brick and mortar and online vendors that will go as high as 36 mg/ml if not higher. I don't necessarily see anything wrong with that or any strength in between. In fact, the whole line of eliquids that may go 3/6/12 sort of arbitrarily (I usually assume it's geared to sub0hm vaping at that point) can be a bit of a pain if you need more nic or less nic, but if you DIY or are even willing to buy different concentrations and do some math, you can usually get to where you need to go. Etc.

Anna
    I order online only and only walk in vape shops just to see what they have. I think in all the years I have been vaping, I bought maybe 4 items in a vape store. In the past 2 years I have been in 5 different vape shops (2 this weekend in Palm Beach where we spent the weekend ) and always ask them if they have any hi nic juices other then salts and all had zero juices. The highest was 12mg , so that puts me out even if I wanted to try some....maybe in other towns they carry, but not here at least.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Informative

RigBick

ECF Veteran
    Mar 29, 2018
    Clearwater, Fl
    I do not get it. I am still dual using in between vapes I smoke non-filter analogs. Although not nearly as many as I have previously. No excuse but I can not vape higher than 3 mg per ml. I cough to badly when I do. Tried a pod 50mg per nic salt same deal. How is it I smoke these killers and can not vape above 3 mg? Anything I can add to smooth my liquids out so I can vape maybe 12mg per? Something to sooth throat while vaping? Thank you.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 25, 2014
    Las Vegas
    Tried nic salts yet, @Skunk! ? I couldn't tolerate a throat hit at ALL when I started vaping and moved to DIY quickly.

Also, I was also MEH on snus and never wanted to try it, but I have to say in a work situation it holds up, it might be some good base level coverage in between like, vaping, (if you can find something you can stand the taste of, which the good folks on the "What's under your lip nose etc. part 2 thread" are good for. I've got a snus flavor that isn't US based but it tastes exactly like English breakfast tea (it's rasberry) and a 20 mg piece can last me a couple hours with a few puffs in between here and there to satisfy the MTL thing. It's way better than nicotine replacement and I actually credit it with like, getting away from cigarettes during my relapse.

I tested it under the harshest conditions, too, my brief 6 hour stint at the jail which was THE WORST but also my day long interview in which I vaped like ONE time and it was like a 15 hour day, etc.

Anna
    I have 500 ml of nic salts mixed at 6mg. I like the salts but at this point I don't see a need to up the nicotine levels. I have been at 6 for a couple years now and I am used to that level. I have devices in all power levels from tootles to fog machines depending on my needs.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 25, 2014
    Las Vegas
    I do not get it. I am still dual using in between vapes I smoke non-filter analogs. Although not nearly as many as I have previously. No excuse but I can not vape higher than 3 mg per ml. I cough to badly when I do. Tried a pod 50mg per nic salt same deal. How is it I smoke these killers and can not vape above 3 mg? Anything I can add to smooth my liquids out so I can vape maybe 12mg per? Something to sooth throat while vaping? Thank you.
    The cigarettes are the reason that the vape is choking you. I have fallen off the wagon a couple times and every time I have to go through that. Do they have the pods in 25mg or less? Also you may want to try max VG. It is a lot smoother. I am allergic to PG and my body will not tolerate it. I choke on it bad and my skin reacts to it. Just a thought.

RigBick

ECF Veteran
    Mar 29, 2018
    Clearwater, Fl
    The cigarettes are the reason that the vape is choking you. I have fallen off the wagon a couple times and every time I have to go through that. Do they have the pods in 25mg or less? Also you may want to try max VG. It is a lot smoother. I am allergic to PG and my body will not tolerate it. I choke on it bad and my skin reacts to it. Just a thought.
    Unfortunately I do not believe it is the smokes that makes me cough when I vape over 3mg. I know it may be a contributing factor but.... Recently in hospital for 7 days. Knowing I was going to be staying I packed vape supplies. I inadvertently grabbed a bottle of 6mg Eletric lemonade. Even after a week of patiently trying to "train" myself to vape it I was unsuccessfull. Cough with almost every puff. Tried adjusting Air flow- wattage to smooth it out to no avail. Even mtl was not happening. I need more nic to help with the cravings so I can quit once and for all. Maybe a throat numbing lozenger while vape but then my flavor? IDK.

RigBick

ECF Veteran
    Mar 29, 2018
    Clearwater, Fl

Anna
    This is serious. I need to quit smoking and I know to do so I need more nic in my vape. I DIY so adjusting nicotine level is not an issue and I have a couple of go to Flavors I enjoy mastered. I have a long way to go before I would consider myself a mixologist but as I said, I have a couple of solid go to's. My vape satisfies almost every aspect of the analog craving. You know the hand to mouth, solid Vapor production for visual-psycological aspect. Just need more nic. Maybe try the snus? IDK I have to do something. Thanks for all your help. You are truely my most appreciated member with all your knowledge and great advice. Thanks.

bobwho77

ECF Veteran
    May 8, 2014
    Ypsilanti mi
    Started at 24mg/ml with an eGo 5 years ago.
    Still vaping 24mg/ml only now it's through a Cleito 0.4 ohm @ 55-60 watts.
    My juice consumption has remained fairly consistent at 5-8 ml/day.
    I wasn't really looking to quit smoking when I started vaping.
    It just kind of happened.
    After looking at the research on vaping, and the effects of nicotine, I really don't see a pressing need to lower my nic level, or stop vaping.
    If newer data forces me to change my mind...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread