3mg/48mg×60ml = 3.75ml nic.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Right, 3.75 ml would be the correct amount to add if he was making a 60ml batch of juice from scratch.

But since the OP wants to know how much to add to an already existing 60 ml of 0 mg, the right answer is 4.00 ml, because the finished batch size is going to be 64 ml.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
The formula for adding nicotine is:

Volume to add

= (initial volume x target concentration) / (nic base concentration - target concentration)
= (60 ml x 3 mg/ml) / (48 mg/ml - 3 mg/ml)
= 4 ml

So another vote for your initial calculation being correct.

You asked for a second opinion, but as that option was no longer available I'm offering a 738th opinion instead.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
And your result is not adding enough nic to reach the target amount of mg, since you are not including the entire volume used.
Ah yes, i'm with you now...duh :yawn:
I just wanted to show off my formula (I learnt here) i've been using. On 60ml its not much, but can be at say 10ml.
Guess it stems from my rough an tumble mixing style. When I used to mix, I just measured the percentages of the flavours and nic with the syringe..squirt it in, and fill the bottle with pre mixed vg/pg by eye..not very scientific.
Guess i'm not really a 12mg then...more a 11.5 - 12.5 :D

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I just wanted to show off my formula (I learnt here) i've been using. On 60ml its not much, but can be at say 10ml.
Guess it stems from my rough an tumble mixing style. When I used to mix, I just measured the percentages of the flavours and nic with the syringe..squirt it in, and fill the bottle with pre mixed vg/pg by eye..not very scientific.
That how I do my testersan 2-3 flavor mixes

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada

It really depends on your nic base. If you're in TPD-land and stuck with 18 mg/ml, it can make a very significant difference. If you're using 100 mg/ml, your 'rough an tumble' style will be close enough for any purpose I can think of. I'm a bit pedantic, so I prefer the more precise calculation even though I know I don't really need it.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
The one I have is more of from scratch diy and asks for target ml. And since im not sure what the target ml will be adding unknown to a 60 i just did it on paper. Just checking my math.

For future reference;
Here is a simple online calc.(no download required) that will do what you need: Nicotine Shot Calculator.

This is a screen shot of your current data plugged in:
upload_2018-5-21_19-37-50.png

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread