How much per month did you spend smoking, and what do you spend it on now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_maiden_fair

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
SD , USA
I have actually kept track of all my vaping costs since starting, and how much I have saved by not smoking. Since 4/11, I have saved $125 compared to smoking. Now I am out of the norm for most people, since I always got my smokes from the reservation, an average of $2.16 spent per day including gas and wear and tear on the vehicle to get them. When I was buying cigs, I spent @$22-$25 a carton, getting anywhere from 5-10 cartons each trip. So, I really wasn't spending a whole lot per month on my habit, and it seems like I haven't made any headway on that department. On the flip side, I really don't mind, I feel that for myself, this is a much safer and healthier habit for me to have, I don't have any guilt, I feel healthier, and boosted my self-confidence in the process. Sorry, long story short, I used to spend about $66 a month on analogs.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
$150 a month on cigarettes.

$100 a week on vaping. :facepalm:

Disclaimer: The initial startup cost for vaping is high for me, as I am making mistakes left and right, but that's how I learn. I guarantee that by the year's end, I will have spent less than the $1800 I would have spent on smoking. Also, once I am analog free long enough, my health insurance premium should drop a little.

Step 1: Quit analogs
Step 2: ??
Step 3: Profit!

El Diablo Marrón

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
Tacoma Wa,
I tube injected my own cigarettes. and got it down to about $7 bucks a carton so i spent about $18 a month.

I have been vaping almost five months and have spent about $600 or more on vaping supplies. but I have a lavatube now and have found cheap sources for eliquid. so my only other cost will be cartos.. so it should be alot less from now on... but it will still be way more than smoking.

But i enjoy it more! :D

Serianna

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2012
San Diego
I spent between 250 and 300 a month on analogs. Now I spend it on yarn, fabric, computer parts, fun toys (kindle fire comes to mind.) I also spoil my kids even more now than I used to, with the extra cash I can buy things I used to consider extras like candy, MORE toys (not like they don't already have 2 acres full of them) video games for them, and other things they run across in the store I used to say no to.

I spend about 15 a month on liquids, a 30 buck order will last me at LEAST 2 months with it being 5 fluid oz. I buy one big order of atomizers and other things every few months when I get back down to one +backup. Which usually runs me another 40, but now that I am using cartomizers, and dripping it should drop a considerable amount

KeysBum

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Florida Keys, USA
$400/ month smoking. More vaping, but I've got a great mod collection going.

Wow. My wife the book keeper just informed me my #'s are off. $400/ month was for both of us. I've been spending more becasue of my mods. She is perfectly happy with egos and is spending less. As a whole, we are money ahead.

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
It's interesting to see the various price differences, in differing parts of the world! I haven't answered my own topic, I used to spend USD $200/month @ about $50 a carton. Unless you are mod-hopping a lot, I consider the startup costs to vaping insignificant once you find what works for you. I have since settled into DIY juice, it is so cheap in larger quantities I haven't tried to calculate it yet.

As for what I spend it on now? Instead of spending $200 a month slowly killing myself, my wife and I go out to eat more. I bought a cool guitar last week. I can say that vaping has freed me from the 'paycheck-to-paycheck' life I had been living.

The price of cigs will always go up. "Tax the addicts" is always a winning position, for those making those decisions. I am happy to be off the treadmill!

Last edited:

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
I have actually kept track of all my vaping costs since starting, and how much I have saved by not smoking. Since 4/11, I have saved $125 compared to smoking. Now I am out of the norm for most people, since I always got my smokes from the reservation, an average of $2.16 spent per day including gas and wear and tear on the vehicle to get them. Sorry, long story short, I used to spend about $66 a month on analogs.

does the $66 include the wear and tear on the vehicle? ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread