how much "stuff" is too much stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxygen thief

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
You'll chill out sooner or later. I used to work with a charity junkie. Gave money to 25 charities. I'm not sure what he did after I researched them and gave him the report that many were bogus or very bad with money. I'm not sure what my point was. Feel good that no matter how much you spend someone here is twenty times worse. If you've ever been to an AA meeting you'll know what I'm talking about.

Ken62

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2012
Weatherford, Texas
Both me and my wife are vapers. Thankfully my wife is satisfied with plain old a 36mg 50/50 juice. I, on the other hand am a gadget guy and would like to have everything that I fancy. Fortunately my wife keeps me in line with a stern look if I start talking about that new mod or tank that I want.

Honestly, I am OK with my 1100mAh eGo Twist with a clearo filled with my favorite liquid.

Now, if I only had a bigger clearo, like a vivi nova... :facepalm:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Unless you choose to keep buying things purely from a hobby aspect, after a while things can level out nicely.

Where I am cigarettes run $9/pack. My first 6 - 8 months vaping, even with buying things fairly often I was still only running about half the cost, $4.50/day. After about 8 months I got into using good VV devices, and had several DIY eliquids that I really like (been vaping the same mix for two years now); my running cost nowadays is about $2.25, which includes $1/day towards my next nice PV, the other $1.25 being towards consumables (atty/carto, DIY supplies, batteries). Right now I'm on a bit of a spending surge, running into some atomizer early failures, but the $2.25 is still about right over a wide time window.

My gear and eliquids work really well for me. Honestly, I have no idea when I'll buy my next PV -- I have a high performance, rugged, VV tube, for cruddy environmental conditions, a spare for that tube PV that hasn't been used, a good VV bottom feeder for general all-day use, an ego twist in the car for backup (if I forget spare batteries, or want a "disposable" for use on a boat), and a tiny SD keyring (it hasn't seen much use, but nice for real stealth).

dezyner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2012
United States
I've seen this in a lot of areas from video games to computers. I believe they see it as an attack on themselves and their judgement.

you know, I've noticed that, people defend junk....and crappy vendors... and I agree, I bought some of this stuff because the unit before was junk, not to have 2 of everything, or start a vaping museum. And the fact I'm married means I have to buy 2 of everything. Some we both agree we like, some not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread