How often do I need to change my cotton and clean the coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
Maybe there are some OEM's who are building rda's with Traceable Certs for the Material Alloys and Plating Processes they use? I have Never seen one.

Perhaps you can Post some Links to these OEM's and the Material/Process Certs they have Published.

Else it's Kinda One-Sided logic. Where what is Supposed to be Bad about Clones does Not apply to OEM products.
Here in the EU, the TPD requires by law that manufacturers and importers of vaping products submit safety and toxicological data to authorities in relevant member states using a digital platform called the EU Common Entry Gate (EU-CEG). A description of the components and of the manufacturing process, and a declaration of liability are all also required; the key word here being liability because, if you decide to order an atomizer via the slow boat from East Asia, then the law requires YOU, the importer, to register a product notification that contains the mandatory data from an accredited test lab the procedures of which comply to certified standards, not some shady dealer in China who pushes the package onto the boat and pockets the money. Here in Belgium the importers have to pay a registration fee of 165 Euros if they wanna import an atomizer in red, and another 165 Euros if they also wanna import the blue version. But please feel free to continue to want to take the potential risk of inhaling lead and cadmium. I'm sure the FDA will see your kind of attitude as a real nice opportunity for them to further justify stricter regulations in a very near future. :cool:

• Informative
Reactions: stols001

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
Here in the EU, the TPD requires by law that manufacturers and importers of vaping products submit safety and toxicological data to authorities in relevant member states using a digital platform called the EU Common Entry Gate (EU-CEG). A description of the components and of the manufacturing process, and a declaration of liability are all also required; the key word here being liability because, if you decide to order an atomizer via the slow boat from East Asia, then the law requires YOU, the importer, to register a product notification that contains the mandatory data from an accredited test lab the procedures of which comply to certified standards...
Wrong. As a private person you may import whatever you like, without the need for the above procedure.
That applies only to retailers.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... But please feel free to continue to want to take the potential risk of inhaling lead and cadmium. I'm sure the FDA will see your kind of attitude as a real nice opportunity for them to further justify stricter regulations in a very near future. :cool:

So now we're adding Lead and Cadmium to the Unsubstantiated/Unquantified FUD potpourri? Jeeze... This is starting to read like a cross between a tobaccofreekids.org PR release and a UCSF/Slantz study.

I wonder How Many newbies decided to Not to try e-Cigarettes and or go back to Smoking after read stuff like your Posts?

BTW - It was Funny to see this Thread ...

Detoxing the Heavy Metal Vape Scare

... in the New Posts list right under this one when you played the Heavy Metals Fear Card.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Wow! Ask a simple question and boom. Thanks for the help. I've cleaned the coils and rewicked. Yes I used rayon on one just for the hell of it. If this thread keeps going I may be forced to change the coils out too. It's too early for all this, I'm going back to bed.

Yeah... there is a Distinct pattern that occurs when certain member(s) enter threads like this.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I wish there were a way to sort of, like, "Science and safety" restrict some people. It would be like a semi ban: "Yes, you may post on here, if you'd like, but if you think you have something to say about vaping/wattage/batteries/studies etc., then NO."

It would be really useful. I hope not too many of my former posts are on that list.:lol:

There could be like, actions taken though to remediate oneself back to regular status, like "write an essay on several of Mooch's posts or videos.." Or, "think of something dumb you have done as a vaper while continuously and ferociously insisting it was Just fine. Then do some research, with citations, to prove yourself wrong (show your work) etc."

Anna

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
Wrong. As a private person you may import whatever you like, without the need for the above procedure.
That applies only to retailers.
The TPD defines the ‘importer of tobacco or related products’ as the owner of, or a person having the right of disposal over, tobacco or related products that have been brought into the territory of the Union. So no, as a private person you may NOT import whatever you like.
See "Which entities are obliged to use the EU-CEG?" here: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - Public Health - European Commission

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
So now we're adding Lead and Cadmium to the Unsubstantiated/Unquantified FUD potpourri? Jeeze... This is starting to read like a cross between a tobaccofreekids.org PR release and a UCSF/Slantz study.

I wonder How Many newbies decided to Not to try e-Cigarettes and or go back to Smoking after read stuff like your Posts?

BTW - It was Funny to see this Thread ...

Detoxing the Heavy Metal Vape Scare

... in the New Posts list right under this one when you played the Heavy Metals Fear Card.
The fact it is unsubstantiated/unquantified (i.e. the lack of paperwork such as an official test report from an accredited test lab like, for example, Eurofins) in addition to the fact it has been no secret that high amounts of toxic impurities have already been discovered in cheap Chinese metal alloys in the past is an important reason why many millions of vapers worldwide are concerned about the safety. Just because you happen to be a bit of a jackass who doesn't care about the safety, doesn't mean everyone else shouldn't, and, no, this isn't about playing the Heavy Metals Fear Card because, instead, here in the EU it is simply about breaking the TPD part of the law so if you disagree with this law and you think the safety shouldn't be required to be verified, then you need to take your complaint to the European Commission and just leave me out of it.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
I wish there were a way to sort of, like, "Science and safety" restrict some people. It would be like a semi ban: "Yes, you may post on here, if you'd like, but if you think you have something to say about vaping/wattage/batteries/studies etc., then NO."

It would be really useful. I hope not too many of my former posts are on that list.:lol:

There could be like, actions taken though to remediate oneself back to regular status, like "write an essay on several of Mooch's posts or videos.." Or, "think of something dumb you have done as a vaper while continuously and ferociously insisting it was Just fine. Then do some research, with citations, to prove yourself wrong (show your work) etc."

Anna
Yeah, like, semi ban people who explain correctly what the TPD says about the safety and why it does. That would be really useful........

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The fact it is unsubstantiated/unquantified (i.e. the lack of paperwork such as an official test report from an accredited test lab like, for example, Eurofins) in addition to the fact it has been no secret that high amounts of toxic impurities have already been discovered in cheap Chinese metal alloys in the past is an important reason why many millions of vapers worldwide are concerned about the safety. Just because you happen to be a bit of a jackass who doesn't care about the safety, doesn't mean everyone else shouldn't, and, no, this isn't about playing the Heavy Metals Fear Card because, instead, here in the EU it is simply about breaking the TPD part of the law so if you disagree with this law and you think the safety shouldn't be required to be verified, then you need to take your complaint to the European Commission and just leave me out of it.

I see you have moved now to "State 2".

Which involves Name Calling, stating Other People's Opinions for them, use of the work "fact" repeatedly, and the Moving of Goal Posts.

If Nothing Else, at least you are Predicable.

:lol:

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
How often do I need to change my cotton and clean the coils?
To get back on topic. There really is no set answer to the question. Basislcally when you start to notice the flavor changing it's time to clean the coils and rewick. If you burn the wick it's time to change the wicking and might as well clean the coils. There are really too many variables to put a set time on when to clean and rewick. For me, my coils usually get gunked up before my wicking is bad. I use drippers so it's easy for me to check. RTAs can be a little tougher. I wish there was a better answer.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
I see you have moved now to "State 2".

Which involves Name Calling, stating Other People's Opinions for them, use of the work "fact" repeatedly, and the Moving of Goal Posts.

If Nothing Else, at least you are Predicable.

:lol:
It isn't name calling, as people who don't care about safety really are by definition jackasses. And, no, this isn't about stating other people's opinions for them, as I already explained previously in the thread people should be old and wise enough to be able to decide for theirselves, but the fact there's typically no official paperwork about the safety of the metal alloys in a cheap cloned atomizer so that there can be no liability placed on the cheap overseas manufacturers located mainly in the Shenzhen area in China is still an every day normal fact, not a fake fact. The claim that the clone is the same as the authentic is a classical example of an obvious fake fact similar to the ridiculous claim that rayon doesn't alter the flavor balance. So you still got that completely backwards no matter how you want to put it so you really are just trying to defend an obvious troll.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It isn't name calling, as people who don't care about safety really are by definition jackasses. And, no, this isn't about stating other people's opinions for them, as I already explained previously in the thread people should be old and wise enough to be able to decide for theirselves, but the fact there's typically no official paperwork about the safety of the metal alloys in a cheap cloned atomizer so that there can be no liability placed on the cheap overseas manufacturers located mainly in the Shenzhen area in China is still an every day normal fact, not a fake fact. The claim that the clone is the same as the authentic is a classical example of an obvious fake fact similar to the ridiculous claim that rayon doesn't alter the flavor balance. So you still got that completely backwards no matter how you want to put it so you really are just trying to defend an obvious troll.

Whatever you say Drippy. It's your Universe.

I'm just Passing thru it.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Oh boy.... No names were named, no one was called out, I had a creative idea and I shared it. Seriously, I uh, if I had to make a list of vapers who have given bad advice here and there, I am sure my own name would be on it. I EVEN SAID SO! LOL.

@dripster , if you self identified with that post though, you might want to take a long hard look at that. Because most folks who aren't chronically argumentative could raise a vape hand of solidarity and go, "Yep, there was a post or two of mine that would meet that criterion."

It's called self-validation, self-knowingness, and having most of all a sense of humor and creativity about the world. Wake up, it's a fun place and not everyone is out to "get you."

These are also some of the prerequisites (not all) the ability to view your behavior from the eyes of others. I mean.... You CHOSE to identify, and that's not necessarily bad.

What did sort of suck (probably for you) was the immediate jump into attack posture and self-righteousness.

If you never make and own a mistake, it's just really really hard to learn. Not just about vaping but you know, life in general.

Chill. Already. Again. Once more.

Just like own ONE mistake and you may find the experience to be just super. I have erased whole posts that were just gigantically wrong because someone pointed it out. I usually post "thank you" and then delete or correct it.

I beg of you, try this magical new skill your eyes will open and your horizons will widen. LOL.

Anna

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
Oh boy.... No names were named, no one was called out, I had a creative idea and I shared it. Seriously, I uh, if I had to make a list of vapers who have given bad advice here and there, I am sure my own name would be on it. I EVEN SAID SO! LOL.

@dripster , if you self identified with that post though, you might want to take a long hard look at that. Because most folks who aren't chronically argumentative could raise a vape hand of solidarity and go, "Yep, there was a post or two of mine that would meet that criterion."

It's called self-validation, self-knowingness, and having most of all a sense of humor and creativity about the world. Wake up, it's a fun place and not everyone is out to "get you."

These are also some of the prerequisites (not all) the ability to view your behavior from the eyes of others. I mean.... You CHOSE to identify, and that's not necessarily bad.

What did sort of suck (probably for you) was the immediate jump into attack posture and self-righteousness.

If you never make and own a mistake, it's just really really hard to learn. Not just about vaping but you know, life in general.

Chill. Already. Again. Once more.

Just like own ONE mistake and you may find the experience to be just super. I have erased whole posts that were just gigantically wrong because someone pointed it out. I usually post "thank you" and then delete or correct it.

I beg of you, try this magical new skill your eyes will open and your horizons will widen. LOL.

Anna
I don't self identify with any posts made by those constantly trying to spread more of the usual BS that goes on, here or anywhere else. Rather, I am amused by them so, basically, I usually just come here to be entertained, like so:

keep-calm-and-watch-science-of-stupid.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread