Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
I'm curious about how much time folks spend mixing and how often they "open the lab". When I started in October of 2013, I mixed at least 1-2 times per week. And did lots of little bottles. It was a bit overwhelming at times. Reading notes, printing recipes, tweaking this, tossing that, and always thinking about it.

Now I'm on cruise control of sorts. I only mix once every 3 months tops. I make 120mls each of my go to recipes (which haven't really changed much in the last year) and then maybe 2-3 test bottles of things I feel like trying. If they work I'll add them to my next mixing session down the road.

My average mix session is about 90 minutes and I can make myself and my wife a basic 3-6 month supply of 4-5 flavors + a couple 15ml test bottles. If I like a test bottle I will vape the entire bottle before changing flavors to make absolutely sure it's an all day type of vape. On an average week I probably only vape 2-3 different flavors. I seem to have gotten into the groove of vaping the same flavor for a couple days straight before switching it up. Seems almost too easy at times. If I can't vape a flavor for 24 hours straight then I won't mix it anymore. In total, I have about 10 different flavors on the shelf at any given time. I've moved away from lines of bottles and a buffet of flavors.

What does everyone else do?

Last edited:

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Sounds like you have developed yourself a good system. Myself - I mix 8 30ml bottles at a time with generally 4 or 5 different flavors - got a couple that I like so much that I make a couple of them. It lasts a while and when I get down to about 1 or 2 bottles left - I mix again - all total less than an hour for my mixing process now... Sterilizing everything before each mix and again after just to be sure...

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
When not experimenting every 2 - 3 months I'll mix 120 to 240mls of my ADV's. As I've got many ADV's already and don't buy that much flavoring anymore I have my runs of experimenting for a few days straight every few months or so or if I purchase a new flavor that interests me. So my mixing schedual is much like yours.

Time wise my mixing sessions run about 2 hours to do my ADV's. I have so many flavors packed away that I never touch and about 20 or so flavors that I use.

Last edited:

Das Auto

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2015
Pacific NW, USA
I'm still new to DIY and I'm a juice junkie. So, I pretty much vape something new atleast 2 times a day. So I always have atleast 3 -4 flavors on me at all times so I can choose something at will. I make more juice about once a week. I am sitting on about 24 bottles right now in the cupboard plus the 3 I have right now at work and whatever else my woman took with her. Maybe, eventually, someday I'll slow down. But I really enjoy "experimenting" and improving my recipes so I don't find it to "bothersome". The only thing I don't like, is there isn't enough time in the day to make as many juices I "want" and I don't have enough bottles!! I need to Get more and soon!

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
In the past I'd mix about once a month and try to limit myself to a months supply but I would often get carried away and then make myself wait until I was down to about a month's worth before mixing again. That's been out the window for the last several weeks though because I been doing a lot of testing lately.

I've sort of surprised myself with how much I've been doing shake and vape lately. It's mostly tobacco flavors, so I know darn good and well they'd benefit from some steep time lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread