How Tight Is Too Tight? (Coils for RBAs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amirite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
New York, NY
Is it possible to wrap a coil too tight? Should the wick be able to slide freely inside the coil? Everything tests out between 1.8-2.4 ohms but the vapor production just isn't there. I've built over ten wicks since last Saturday and even though they are getting pretty, I'm not seeing the performance improve. Any tips for someone new to rba's? Using 1.5-3mm silica wicks and 32 gauge kanthal on Ody v2, Penelope and spheroids.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Is it possible to wrap a coil too tight? Should the wick be able to slide freely inside the coil? Everything tests out between 1.8-2.4 ohms but the vapor production just isn't there. I've built over ten wicks since last Saturday and even though they are getting pretty, I'm not seeing the performance improve. Any tips for someone new to rba's? Using 1.5-3mm silica wicks and 32 gauge kanthal on Ody v2, Penelope and spheroids.

Yes, if you wrap a coil too tight on silica wick it chokes the wick prevents it from wicking. When I did one too tight on my dripping rba I was getting dry hits. If I'm doing just one strand, I wrap the wire around a nail to make a nice coil and thread the wick through. If I'm folding over the wick to use 2-4 strands I use a needle in between the wire and wick while wrapping since it makes it easier to wrap and insures enough wiggle room.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread