How to build a multiple VV passthrough box mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaggardFlorist

Mar 16, 2014
Washington
Hi, I've built 1 VV passthrough and a couple regular box mods and what I intend to build next is like a table-top centerpiece with multiple VV passthroughs coming out of it.

Basically what I want to do is have a central box with the (I plan on using an LM2596 board) board in it with the power supply attached and then having 3 or 4 cords running out of it and on the end of each cord will be a connector with momentary push button switch and maybe an indicator led.
How would I go about doing this?
I dont need help with what to use for the central unit as I plan on building something custom
I more need help with the wiring and what components I should use. Will a LM2596 board suffice for this? I've only used the board one time and obviously only for one connector but would I be able to wire say 4 positive leads onto the Output+ and 4 negative leads on the Output-? And if I wired it like that, would it provide sufficient power to each connector? Or would I need to use a separate board for each connector?
And has anyone on the forum done something like this already? If you know of a thread like that, could you post the link? I tried a search and couldn't find anything like it.

Thanks.

xanatos333

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Here and there
From what I can see the LM2596 has a 3 amp limit on it. You could wire 3-4 cords into the + and - terminals but most likely you wouldn't have enough power to get a decent vape from it. If you want to use the LM2596 I would suggest using one for each cord just make sure your power source has enough amperage to handle it. Or alternatively you could use a single board with a higher amp limit on it like the OKR-T10 or one of the Naos Raptor boards like the NSR010A0X4Z for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread