The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How to clean a cigarette holder?

Discussion in 'SmokeStik' started by maxfox, Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. maxfox

maxfox Full Member

Feb 24, 2018
    Hi, everyone! Sorry if it`s an offtop but I`m not just vaping, smoking too. I use a cigarette holder (it goes realy better) and I`ve researched it`s posible to clean it (finaly, I think so). There is a part holding cigas could be separated so I see there some black ooze (perhaps, tar). So i can clean it, but how to do it. Just with water? I don`t want to spoil a staff.

Thanks in advance and sorry if there are mistakes.

2. TwistedThrottle

TwistedThrottle Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 18, 2014
    Washington
    The best way to clean it is to wrap it in a paper towel, firmly and repeatedly smack it with a hammer and toss it in the trash. Grab your favorite mod with a fresh build all wicked and juiced up and vape away. Problem solved.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. maxfox

maxfox Full Member

Feb 24, 2018
  4. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi,
    Pipe cleaners and Vodka.
    Depending on what the holder is made of, you can soak it in the vodka if needed.

Cheers
    I

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. TwistedThrottle

TwistedThrottle Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 18, 2014
    Washington
    I certainly didn't mean to be unpleasant. If what you are asking is how to clean a combustible cigarette holder, I sincerely think what I suggested will help with your e-cig needs!

• Like Like x 1
  6. lorikay13

lorikay13 Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    I agree with TwistedThrottle

The best way to switch from smoking to vaping is just do it. Vaping only helps you quit smoking if you want to quit smoking. :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Welcome to ECF. You can clean your cigarette holder (and yes it is probably tar collecting on it) using either Vodka, Everclear, or even rubbing alcohol (provided you rinse it well after cleaning). Any alcohol based solvent should do the trick.

Many people dual use for a short or even longer period before switching to an e-cig directly, there is no need to feel pressured to do so, I first encountered ecigs many, many years ago and was not successful until more recently. Switch to vaping when you are comfortable doing so, not when someone tells you to, would be my advice. With that said, there is a "Still smoking and support chat" thread that may be useful to you, and it is of course true that switching as soon as you are able will likely be better for your health. The decision is still 100% yours to make, regardless of comments made on this thread.

Best of luck and welcome.

Anna

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Dieseler

Dieseler ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    Illinois
    Used to clean my tobacco pipes stems with pipe cleaner and ever clear and they were very clean certainly a cig holder would get clean as well the same way.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.