How to fix an atomizer that stops working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
I have only been vaping a week, so I am sorry if this question has already been asked. I got 2 atomizers with my Kgo batteries. I usually use the cartomizers, but decided I wanted to try dripping. One atomizer works fine, one does nothing. Meaning, there is no "smoke", so I guess it is not heating up. Can it be fixed?
Sandy

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD
They can burn out that fast, or even faster. Kind of the luck of the draw sometimes. Depends on how much you vape on 'em, how wet you keep 'em, what voltage you're vaping at, how well they were put together, etc.

If the atty is producing no vapor at all, take of your cart/drip tip, press the button and look down the barrel. Is the coil heating up and turning red at all? If not, the best way to fix it is to buy a new one. ;-) In fact, buy a bunch of 'em so when this kind of thing happens you won't be stuck atty-less!

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
They can burn out that fast, or even faster. Kind of the luck of the draw sometimes. Depends on how much you vape on 'em, how wet you keep 'em, what voltage you're vaping at, how well they were put together, etc.

If the atty is producing no vapor at all, take of your cart/drip tip, press the button and look down the barrel. Is the coil heating up and turning red at all? If not, the best way to fix it is to buy a new one. ;-) In fact, buy a bunch of 'em so when this kind of thing happens you won't be stuck atty-less!

I looked down at the little bump thing, and it is not turning red. But the one that I have that does work did not turn red either, but it feels hot.

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
How cool is this? I emailed Brent at Hoosiercigs that one atty doesn't work, and this is what he emailed back.

brent@hoosierecigsupply.com ✆
6:47 PM (10 minutes ago)

to me
Well that stinks!

I just need for you to let me know how you'd like for me to handle the situation Sandy.
Would you rather receive a coupon for $6 towards a future purchase or do you just want me to mail you another atty?

Let me know...

Brent

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
another thing to try is to pull up the center "pin" with a needle or straightened paper clip. stick the needle in the hole on the screw end and carefully and gently pull up. someone may have a better way to explain it. that may be preventing a connection

oh and be careful looking for an atty to turn red, some people have had liquid pop them in the eye :oops:

Last edited:

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I was gonna suggest fixing the connection, too. The center pin is the positive charge. If the atty is threaded in, but the center pins aren't touching, you'll never get "smoke" (vapor- you don't smoke an e-cig lol). There's an insulator around both center pins (atty/battery) sometimes one gets pushed in too far and needs pulled back out to make contact. At the bottom of your atomizer threads you'll see a gap between the metal threads and the center pin. Stick a paperclip into the hole of the center pin just enough to catch the inside (NOT TOO FAR!) And pull it out a little( NOT TOO FAR!). This may give you contact and bring your atty to life.

Did the suspect atty ever work? They are disposable. They will die.

Try dual coil cartos. It's hard to kill em. They usually gunk up before I've popped a coil.

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
All that putting a pin in there stuff makes a girl's eyes cross ;)
When I look in there all I see is a bump.

I just use the atty for dripping to see if I like a flavor.
Sandy

it is confusing...I had to have somebody show me in person because I just didn't get it. I was looking for a pin! but it is worth it to learn, you might revive that atty. take the one you have decided is trash anyway and play with it. the end that screws into the battery has a hole in it. stick a pin in there a LITTLE bit and kinda pull up on the sides of the hole.

edit: I think cartos need this done sometimes too......

if you don't want to mess with it, keep it and maybe you'll go to a meet or something where somebody can show you... or you can give it away. I learned here to never throw anything away, somebody will probably want it. there is somebody on the classifieds now asking for broken attys :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread