How to fix dry & burnt taste from new CE2 clearomizer XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

moto2000

Feb 18, 2013
San Diego, CA
So I just received these:
KR808D1 Ultimate CE2 Clearomizer XL

I filled it up, and let it sit for about 30min. After taking a few hits, its too unbearable. Each hit is just a dry, hot and burnt taste. I am not sure how to prime these or what I am doing wrong.

The instructions on the site say to remove all 3 rings, I only removed the first two and filled it up using a syringe needle through the holes, I hope these is not why?

Any suggestions/recommendations on how to use these properly?

Thanks in advance for any help!

FantWriter

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
Kentucky
I haven't tried that particular style (mine hold only about 0.5ml), but I've had experience with new Clearos being nasty, probably because of some sort of industrial oil/primer/machine gunk on the coil. Bad ones seems to run in batches -- I don't think I've ever had just one be bad; it's always three or four out of five, and a dozen sets before there's another bad one.

My procedure these days is to put only a couple of drops in a new one, and if it vapes okay, I fill and use it normally. If it has a bad taste, I clean it. Running alcohol through it several times removes most of the stuff.

The best cleaning is by burning it off. I'm afraid I can't help you there. I built a little circuit to plug into a USB port so I can screw on a carto and let it burn at about 2.5V for a couple of hours. That slowly and safely sublimates the build-up. If you know how to build such a circuit and have the tools and supplies, that description is all you need. If you don't, then it's too complicated and costly for you to mess with.

As for those instructions to remove all three rings -- I don't know if they're really that stupid or if they're counting on the damage that method causes to boost sales of replacements.

The proper way is to remove the mouthpiece and sealing ring and inject the juice, as you did it. There's no way that could cause your problem.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Sometimes the silicone "cap" that goes over the ceramic cup, which holds the coils, gets pushed down far enough that it pinches the wick and prevents flow. Try grabbing that little sucker and wiggling it up a hair. You don't want to flood the cup, as it will leak down the air tube to the connector, but you want free-flow to the coil. If you have one that's toast, pull it apart, so you can see how it functions, where the problems may occur and devise any modification/alteration to alleviate the issue. There's a notch in the lower edge of the silicone cap where the wick passes through. Some have cut that notch to open it slightly to help with flow.

If you give up on these cartos, and decide to trash them, I'd be happy to receive them. I'd only be interested in the ceramic cups for homemade atomized mods of my own. PM me for postage if you don't care to mail your trash lol.

I hope my suggestions help you get em working for you, tho! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread