How to get to a user's profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
How can I get to a user's profile, WITHOUT clicking on their username from a thread? I noticed that when I click on my own profile the link looks like this:
e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/members/35584/xanax.html

Notice the 35584 in red - I assume this is my Member ID number.

Well, I used to be able to take my own link and type in someone else's username in place of my own...
Example:
(MY LINK) e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/members/xanax.html
(USER'S LINK) e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/members/NewUser.html

I can't do that anymore. It seems that I now need to know the user's Member ID number by heart in order to find their profile manually.

Also, I've tried the "search" function and can't seem to find any place to search user profiles...
So am I out of luck here? Is there a way around this?

EDIT TO ADD: Please don't reply with "just click on their name" because I don't have any threads on hand that these people have posted in, to be able to click their name.

Last edited:

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Sorry, don't know any way to do that for members. mods can use an admin panel to find them.

The trouble was caused by a difference in the latest version of VB and an issue that arose with similar usernames. When members chose similar names, where the only difference was an upper/lower case character, or a symbol, it caused a database glitch and there was no way to differentiate them. Also, usernames that have numbers or symbols in, especially those that consist mainly or only of those characters, are problematic. The only way we could find to fix it was to add an ID number.

The only thing I can suggest is a Google search like:
site:e-cigarette-forum.com username

...or similar. Google spend half their life here so one way or another it should work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread