how to make my coolfire 2 look less like a hand grenade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cap'nTripps

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
The South
Yeah, I hear ya- I'm amazed at the value of these mods, and I didn't even realise it had all those functions you mentioned, so I am still quite tempted. (Let's just say it's on my "list"). My only concern is I haven't seen any vendors selling the batteries themselves.

Another innokin product I've seen for a great price is the Coolfire 1; only 29 quid, and I already have Plenty of batts for it. It's very short on features, but it's fixed at 8.5 watts (that's exactly the wattage I vape at), and there's a function that keeps it at 8.5, even if the batt is low on power - pretty cool. Anybody used the Coolfire 1? I'm kind of torn between it and the MVP 2.0.

AntC

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2014
United States
Yeah, I hear ya- I'm amazed at the value of these mods, and I didn't even realise it had all those functions you mentioned, so I am still quite tempted. (Let's just say it's on my "list"). My only concern is I haven't seen any vendors selling the batteries themselves.

Another innokin product I've seen for a great price is the Coolfire 1; only 29 quid, and I already have Plenty of batts for it. It's very short on features, but it's fixed at 8.5 watts (that's exactly the wattage I vape at), and there's a function that keeps it at 8.5, even if the batt is low on power - pretty cool. Anybody used the Coolfire 1? I'm kind of torn between it and the MVP 2.0.

I was gonna say supm before but I saw someone already tell ya what I was gonna say. Id say between the coolfire 1 and mvp2 there is no contest. I have actually used my mvp to charge my cell phone in a pinch. The thing lasts 2 days when I used ONLY it, now it lasts like 4 days because I got another mod. Ive seen some reviews on the coolfire 1 and I believe it was Busardo that said it feels more like 7-7.5 watts. Now, im sure the mvp has inefficiencies, its mass produced as well, however you're not limited to one setting. And there are sooo many wraps for the mvp, if the plaim box look is buggin ya. Imo, you cant go wrong with a mvp. I got a DNA30 but I still love my mvp, and reach for it regularly. Hope you keep us posted and let us know how it goes, either way.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I've seen enough hand grenades in my life, which is why I never like the cool fire. On a positive thought you don't need to deal with the NRA in the UK.

44384.jpg

Which one is the Cool Fire 2?

Last edited:

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Guess you have to trade in the "pineapple" for a tube mod, oh wait, that looks like a pipe bomb....OK a box mod, errr, that looks like a car bomb detonator...there's always the cig-a-like, OMG NO!!! that looks like smoking....:facepalm:

The "looks like" crowd has gotten out of hand at the very least....:laugh:

<quietly climbs down from soapbox and walks away>......:2cool:

Cap'nTripps

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
The South
You have to wonder how the "let's make one that looks like a pineapple grenade" idea came about from the inokkin designers; personally, IMHO I think a lot of people will be put off by it as a novelty, but it's more than that: it's probably the most ergonomically comfortable pv I've used - it just sits in the hand perfectly, and can stand on any flat surface. The "fragmentation" lines are just dust and chip magnets though-if it had a smooth, textured surface like the Evod and a higher battery life it would be perfect IMO at least as a less-advanced APV. I use the efest red batts for it - I wonder if there are 18350 batteries with higher life?

Seriously, I would not try to travel abroad with it; on an x-Ray scanner the thing would look like an IED or something... I've seen zero dark thirty, so I'll say again: I won't be travelling with my frag grenade mod thing.

Oh yeah, the sticky button thing is resolved; a bit of the liquid must have got in there, so I just wipe it down with a dry cloth and it's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread