How to save money by vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanIVap3InHere

Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Long Island, NY, USA
Hey guys, so I started vaping May 2nd 2013, a little over a month ago and I haven't bought a pack of analogs since. I bought a Provari like my friend has, some juice and carto's. Since then I have made two more carto orders, got a Sigelei Zmax v3, tried a ton of juice vendors, and got a bunch of random tanks/ accessories.. It has all been very rewarding and a perfect alternative to traditional tobacco cigarettes. I love vaping! The only problem is that I have spent over 700$ to date on all of my vaping-related purchases. This is way too much for my lifestyle, and I am sure for many others. I have bought some unnecessary things, and I do understand that my Provari and tanks and Zmax are simply initial investments, but I've got to save some cash now. I am sort of mad at myself for spending so much, and I have seen others on here that have similar problems. I never buy to "keep up with the Jones' " -I just want to be well set in vaping supplies. I have everything I need now, but I am wondering if anybody has any tips or tricks for saving money by vaping. Any setups cost less to run? As you can see in my banner I have saved around 270$ on analogs since I quit. I would like to make it a goal that my money saved on cigarettes outweighs my money spent on vaping, my wallet will surely thank me. Can anybody offer suggestions that will help put me in the green? Thanks a lot my friends!

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
Saving money while vaping is pretty easy. Find a setup you're comfortable with, and affordable juice you like.

I comfortably vape on a budget of about $25.00 a month. It took me several months and a good bit of money to get here, but in the past eight months I've spent less than $900.00 vaping. I would have spent $2,400.00 in the same time smoking.

Once you get past the trial and error period and stop grabbing every shiny new thing you see, the cost is pretty minimal.

E_DeCastro

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
SOCAL, USA
I used to just buy juice, dual coil cartomizers and batteries.

as of now, I'm treating it as one of my hobbies that I rotate around. when I get an itch to get back into one of my other hobbies, i'll go back to just buying wire (although I have alot of kanthal right now) batteries ,wick and juice. I would spend at the most 40 a month. which comes out to about 8 packs of cigarettes for me.

Altaire Versailles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Detroit MI
Stop buying stuff! lol. Im finding that the difference between all this vaping stuff is nominal for the most part. It may be a little easier to use, or give a little better flavor, or a little more vapor, which youll get a feeling for if you just research the equipment thru the boards and you tube videos and that, but the differences arent night and day. All you need is maybe a cigalike for social situations, a mid size twist-like for where its more acceptable, and a APV for home or the car maybe. A good tank or two, thats about it. I spent about 100-150$ in the first few months on the things that I had researched and knew I wanted to try and now I dont buy anything else other than juice to try to find something I love, but thats maybe a 20-30$ order every month, and replacing tanks. Only really dumb purchase I made was the provari I just bought. Not dumb, it just doesnt do anything special my 27 dollar Vamo or my ego battery doesnt. It vapes. They all make vapor more or less.

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
Stop buying stuff! lol. Im finding that the difference between all this vaping stuff is nominal for the most part. It may be a little easier to use, or give a little better flavor, or a little more vapor, which youll get a feeling for if you just research the equipment thru the boards and you tube videos and that, but the differences arent night and day. All you need is maybe a cigalike for social situations, a mid size twist-like for where its more acceptable, and a APV for home or the car maybe. A good tank or two, thats about it. I spent about 100-150$ in the first few months on the things that I had researched and knew I wanted to try and now I dont buy anything else other than juice to try to find something I love, but thats maybe a 20-30$ order every month, and replacing tanks. Only really dumb purchase I made was the provari I just bought. Not dumb, it just doesnt do anything special my 27 dollar Vamo or my ego battery doesnt. It vapes. They all make vapor more or less.

Thanks for saving my typing fingers. Only spend what you can afford OP.

HughDaHand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2012
Swartz Creek, MI
DIY liquid is a great way to save money, it cost me about $0.50 to make 10mL of juice. I also save a little money rewicking the coils from my evods. I use cotton balls and Kanthal wire I got for $10 for 100 foot. It's costing me pennies to rewick a coil as I use the coils for a long time and just replace the wicks as needed. Got a bag of 100 cotton balls at the dollar store and I ball makes about 30 wicks. As a bonus the coils and wicks I make work much better than factory made ones. I figure I spend about $0.20 a day vaping not counting battery's. Probably closer to $1 a day if you add in battery's and electricity to charge them. Hell of a lot of savings over analogs.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
If you stop buying mods (or don't get into RBA's) the costs taper off after awhile. About all I buy now are cartos for my carto tanks, and DIY stuff. I still want things, but I already have 2 ProVari's, so I don't really need things. I have found what works for me, so it is not so tempting any more to keep up with the latest, greatest thing.

rsgars

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Saratoga Springs, NY
If you truly want to save money, you need to establish a budget (and some discipline). I have been vaping a little less time than you. I have calculated that if I don't buy one single thing more I will hit break-even on July 8. I doubt that my supply of ejuice will last that long, but that is a minimal expense and it is the thing that makes this a viable alternative to smoking. So, buying more juice will push the break-even date out a little bit but the potential is there andnthis is much better for my health. And, honestly I enjoy gaping.much more than I ever enjoyed analogs.

rsgars

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Saratoga Springs, NY
You have spent a lot, but you got some great devices. So now it's just juice and occasional parts. The juice can be expensive at first, as you sample lots of them, but once you find your favorites it's a lot cheaper.

Hey, Bookworm, looks like it's your one year anniversary. Congratulations!

Litta'sGabby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Sandston, Virginia, United States
There are already so many great ideas here! I need to start DIY!! That's my next step. You appear to be fully stocked, and starting with a ProVari was smart! I want to get there someday! :) The only thing I would add, and it's more for fun than need: join contests! You never know what you might win. I have won a bottle of juice and a Halo Triton kit in the past 2 months since I've started vaping. If you have vape meets in your area, a lot of the time they have prize giveaways from vendors, and vendors are very generous. You might win something, and you can meet awesome vapers in your area who may want to trade or PIF. The Classified's here and the PIF threads might be a first glance for you if you need something. Good luck and congratulations on getting off of the stinky's! :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread