• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

How to send email bank transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
There has been some questions as of late on how to send out a bank email transfer, so i thought i have some time {and megabytes} to burn, and thought i would do a little quick tutorial for those that would like to get some help with it.

Bare in mind that i am using scotia bank, so other bank layouts are going to differ. I would like to ask the seasoned vets {and newbs who know what to do} to add their screen shots of where to look for the email transfer, the rest of the information will naturally be the same {yes i know i cannot draw a straight line even with computer assistance....bare with the bad drawings}

transfera_zps3a8ba6ff.png
First off you want to look in transfers as this will have the other information you need.

transferb_zpsfdccc136.png
Once you click that you want to select email transfers

transferc_zps3dde6e06.png
If you have ordered from a vendor {or sent out money via email address} all you have to do is use the drop down menu. If this is your first time you want to set up the account as it were.

transferd_zpse6589770.png
Check on your vendors web site. They usually have a preferred name they want the transfer to go to, as well they will supply you with a email address. note: for this example i came up with a name and email address, which neither exist.

transfere_zpscc649adf.png

Amount: you enter in how much your order {with shipping and taxes}. Normally you will check this amount sent to your email as well as able to get a copy of it from the vendors web site.

Security Question again check with your vendors web site, which is usually under the heading payment, more times then not they will tell you if they have a preferred question {which in about 99.9% of my time purchasing has always been the case} under the heading of payment located on the vendors site.

Answer this too under the heading of payment {or right on the front page of the vendors site, or during the check out process} will be supplied to you. If for whatever the rhym or reason you do not see this, then email them your order number and what the Q/A is. [

Message to recipient: sure we all want to write "BASINGA" or "WHUZZUP" or "FUZZY WUZZY WAS A BEAR" {wait....what do you mean i am the only one? ~sigh~ alright then moving on}......When you look at your receipt in your email {or right on your vendors site after purchase} you will see a order number. Vendors get dozens of email transfers a day, so it is hard for them to go playing match up with your name and order's they are processing. Giving a order number is just really nice courtesy, as it is easier for a vendor to match your payment and order with the order number

Lastly do not forget to click "continue" {and do the silly card verification if your bank needs it}, then click continue again to variety. Only when your bank brings you to a page that has a receipt {copy that number down, in case there is a computer glitch on the banks end, they can use the receipt as proof you did send money out}.

This concludes my burning up some megabytes and wasting your time reading this :laugh:

~in truth i hope this helps easy the confusion for some new vapers~

Last edited:

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
Anyone know if you can go into a Scotiabank, give them cash, and be able to send via Interac without exorbitant fees?
American spending a few months in Canada here - no local bank account - and damn, all the vendors take Interac and not Visa/MC except for just a few.

First off i want to be {hopefully the first online Canadian} to say greetings and welcome to Canada.

Second if you can avoid it, do not use your credit cards to much here, as the transactions fee's......well my wife is from Kansas and when she came up to visit me here in Winnipeg last year she bought a $12 t-shirt and the fee's amounted to $50 {WOOF}

Third and i do have Scotia Bank and have the pay pal master card and i can tell you they charge way to much money if you are not a client {double the fee if you are from the USA}. I do Believe that most {if not all} will accept a money order/or check, and i believe a few will accept western union.

If you want to beat the need for sending cash in, i believe i have a copy of Vendors from all provinces and unless i miss my guess there are a few juice and {i think} hardware vendors in your area. Later today {and once i dig up the list} i can PM you with all the Ontario Vendors.

Sorry i could not be much more help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread