How to spot a vendor to avoid

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtryBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Texas
Honestly I wanted to title this WHERE'S THE BLACK LIST FOR SUPPLIERS or WHERE NOT TO buy YOUR FIRST ecig

But considering the number of hours it took just to peak at the known reliable vendors' wares and the fact that the less reputable vendor can easily ditch and switch websites once he's found out this list would grow exponentially. Granted I've only vaped for a month now, but I've been an online shopper for years. And a surfer long before I was brave enough to do that and I've picked up a sixth sense that made my searches for suppliers much simpler than I thought.

FIRST AND FOREMOST all the basic rules apply. If it smells too good to be true, it could be cologne on a hockey puck. And if they have to ram it down your throat, its probably cause it tastes like the aforementioned hockey puck. I would assume the majority of people here are fairly net savvy and I have yet to run across a vendor on ECF that has succumbed to the dark side of net marketing. Few things make my blood boil more than to click on a site and immediately get a pop up that wants x,y,z and oh yeah give me your email address so I can ........... well we all know how that story ends. Case in point perfectelectroniccigarette

If there is a spot to post them so everyone and their dog knows not to buy especially their first PV from them let me know.

I honestly dont know exactly how these fellas ended up with my email address, but I digress. Clicking on the email link gets the initial popup, which to their credit at least goes away if you click the X, then this beautiful fairy tale of a site comes up. Way to much info to wade through it all unless you are looking for something specific. I swear they sell every ecig known to man. I honestly cant believe these sites make money, but then again we are constantly faced with all the freebies on tv, JUST PAY SEPERATE SHIPPING AND HANDLING :offtopic:We'll even give you a full refund minus shipping and handling if you send it back within 30days. Alright back to the heart of the matter, I hope I'm not spilling the beans to the bad vendors, cause all the ones on ECF I've been too seem to get it already.

1. If a site feels like an infomercial RUN
I cant stress this enough. If you are smart enough to be here, dont let these guys sucker you for one single dime.
2. Monthly plans
Recurring charges are a license to steal
3. SUPER slick packaging
Color options/logos/etc are one thing, but dont pay extra for a fancy wrapper.
4. TOO much information
Pretty simple if it sounds like your talking to a used car salesman, check under the hood. Just cause his brother says you can trust him and this thing runs like a champ, check the odometer, the color of the oil, etc.
5. No Detailed Specs
See no 3. Primary example mAh's on batteries.

This is the point where we separate the men from the boys, no offense ladies. If the description does not at least include the mAh, I keep moving. Now its even become important to know ohm ratings on atomizers and cartomizers as well. I consider this one to become extremely important to you as you continue to vape. Even if you dont understand all the ins and outs of the specs, you can at least replicate your experience, have the info to find out why your not enjoying your experience, and price shop apples to apples instead of chasing the lowest price kit and crossing your fingers. More importantly considering how hard it is for even the vendors to get specs out of china, if it's not listed, I assume the vendor doesnt even know or apparently care what they are selling. Even I could order a drop shipment from china and sell them as is without bothering to learn anything about what I'm selling. Something wrong with your kit, here's an address in china to mail it in for the warranty. :mail:If I had my way they'd even list the UL specs on the charger your getting with the kit, but then again I may be a bit of a nerd as well as a newb.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I don’t think it is too cool to Slam a company like Perfectelectroniccigarette just because you don’t like their web site. If you don’t like it, go someplace else.

If you want to Rant, fine, But why Slam a Company that has Very Good Prices, Rock Bottom Shipping Charges and Excellent Customer Service. They also put out many How-To videos.

ChuckB

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Uvalde, Texas
Its kind of hard to really have a "Do Not Buy There" list because many of them are more an issue of personal preference, what one person thinks is crap may be someone else's favorite PV. What may work better is a place where people can review different sites, good or bad. That will let everyone see various peoples opinions. Enough bad reviews with no one posting in defense of the company, everyone will be able to tell they're duds. A place like Reviews of Suppliers - E-Cigarette Forum

CtryBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Texas
I have to agree the list would be next to useless. Good vendors will get their act together but still be listed and bad vendors will just shed their skin.

Just my personal opinion, I dont care how good the prices if I dont see mAh next to the battery description I keep moving. Although $18 for a regular titan 510 battery seems a little steep. IMHO

I want to know what I'm buying. Hard to compare apples to apples without some details.

This basic kit comes with 2 extended life batteries so you can enjoy non stop use of your new electronic cigarette, 1 atomizer (the heart of the e-cig), 1 home charging kit (works with any wall socket), and five flavored cartridges. Each cartridge delivers approx 15 cigarettes worth of vaping pleasure.

No mAh so no clue how long the battery will really last
One cartridge = 15 cig ??? Not even sure I get that from my refilled cartomizers.
Classic hype and sell site IMHO

Wish there was a way to steer the newbies away from sites like these. Get them a better start.

Last edited:

PaulCincy

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2010
Cincinnati OH
ditto with Brad.....Any of the websites that I visited that claimed all the great benefits and that their carts or batteries will last "all day, week, or even a cart that will last a month....I just click away....Fortunately,,,I found this forum before buying anything...period...I was very lucky to read all the great posts here and finally bought a Ego...It has been wonderfull since that first day, Thanks ECIG Forum.....and of course,,,
Enjoy the Adventure..

Ferretmaster

May 27, 2010
North Carolina
Having nothing better to do today, I was sitting back in the recliner vaping with my SB and SO and we decided to call Americanbluetip to listen to their spiel. Only 139.95 for their kit. Their carts were equal to about a pack of cigs. They made it sound like they invented the Lithium rechargeable battery too. If I were a noob with the cash I'd have been all over that lying douches offer. Their actors in the commercial are unbelievable and the dude with the glasses is totally gay. I did enjoy the script the guy on the phone was reading from though.

They suck!

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
One little problem....... Buy Electronic Cigarette, Forum, Reviews, Affiliate Programs, And More! Isnt a company...it's an affiliate blog. They are advertising..at least six different companies.

I will say it's funny to argue with some of these guys...came across one ad selling rebranded 808's with 1 cart=1 carton of cigs.
Told him that was impossible......he told me that HIS carts were SPECIAL.:lol:

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
One little problem....... Buy Electronic Cigarette, Forum, Reviews, Affiliate Programs, And More! Isnt a company...it's an affiliate blog. They are advertising..at least six different companies.

I will say it's funny to argue with some of these guys...came across one ad selling rebranded 808's with 1 cart=1 carton of cigs.
Told him that was impossible......he told me that HIS carts were SPECIAL.:lol:

OOoooh! Magic carts! I've been looking for those for my eGo. Do you think he can make Magic adapters?:drool:

CtryBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Texas
Must have some of that fancy dihydrous oxygen mixed in with their juice.

Either that or the nic fairy visits every night and tops them off for ya.

Wait I've got it, there is actually a packs worth of nicotine in there, you just cant get it all out unless you have their special cartridge. Wait 1 cart=1 carton, man the cartridge would have to be at least as big as a 15ml bottle.:confused:

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
Must have some of that fancy dihydrous oxygen mixed in with their juice.

Either that or the nic fairy visits every night and tops them off for ya.

Wait I've got it, there is actually a packs worth of nicotine in there, you just cant get it all out unless you have their special cartridge. Wait 1 cart=1 carton, man the cartridge would have to be at least as big as a 15ml bottle.:confused:

If you don't believe in it, it won't come true! Oh, BTW if you know where I can get some dihydrous oxygen(my water is too dry, BTW), I would gladly send you my collection of four leaf clovers. I am told, and I have this on good athourity, that they in fact hold the secret to finding the end of any raibow. :unsure: I haven't had much luck though, the rainbows keep running away from me. Maybe if I had a Magic Gas tank I wouldn't have to stop for gas and I could catch them. Maybe you can help me? :blink:

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
As you all know, "magic is science that we do not yet understand". This means these claims are all true. We just don't understand them to be true.
(huh?)
Anyway... One red flag for me with venders is when they don't even tell you what models they sell. There are people in the new members area all the time asking "what model do I have?" and many of us scramble around looking up the websites and trying to find decent pics of the attys to get some kind of clue so we can help these folks. I always advise people not to buy from a site that doesn't list an obvious model ID (sorry V4L).

Israfil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Las Vegas, NV (in a small cloud)
Yah...models are a big thing. Dunno about dihydrogen monoxide, I don't trust the stuff. I'll stick with diet coke. ;)

Considering a cartomizer holds...25-30 drops right? If we consider a ML as having 20 drops and you fill with 34ml/mg, add that Cigarettes have a total of about 9-11mg of nicotine in the whole thing, and factor in that only about 1mg gets absorbed by the lungs per cig.. yah, their math is off on the carton thing for sure, but 1 carto=1pack isn't TOO far off. Kinda a "forgot to carry the one" thing. 51mg of nicotine, a pack having 20mg actually absorbed... hmm well it comes out to a little over 2 packs, although with 24mg you're about there.

What a lot of people just don't realize is that the math never seems to add up because nicotine affects us all differently and we all have different needs for amounts and frequency.

I do hope we can get some of the less reputable vendors to stop what they're doing and become worthy of our trust, but in my experience that never seems to happen.

Last edited:

CtryBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Texas
Yeah maybe the vendor was confused and a PACK of cartridges is equal to a CARTON. :unsure: Lets see if 1 cart=2pk*5=10pk=carton

And they said I'd never use algebra in the real world. :D

I agree with the model thing wholeheartedly, same with mAh rating. Even if you are telling me it's a 510, I want you to fess up and tell me the mAh rating (mainly think they dont do it because no one would ever buy a regular 510 once they saw the mAh rating vs the mega, but that's just me)

Vendors who tell you little, want you to only buy from them. If their stuff works for you and doesnt break the bank, no harm no foul. If their stuff sucks and you cant figure out what you actually have, you have no where to turn but here. Thank god for the ECF.

With all the hype in commercial advertising these days, I to put it politely DONT trust anyone trying to sell me anything. If they are offering their wares in an open an honest matter, I'll decide what I need, dont want a salesman trying to upsale me at ever turn. Show me what you got and we'll take it from there.

To any vendors peaking that means I need
280 mAh (or better) batteries for my 510 (for my mom, I've got a real battery :D) (manual/sealed) (dont get me started on the manual/unsealed I got from someone around here who shall remain nameless)
1.7 ohm cartomizers --- for my real battery
2.3 ohm cartomizers ----for my moms mega 510
2.8-3.2 ohm cartomizers for my 5V PT (no need to burn them too quickly)
18g blunt syringe for my VG
Wouldnt hurt to have a mod that doesnt cost $99, but I'm a cheap @#$@#$@.
And of course the list goes on and on.
If I land on a site that doesnt have SPECIFICATIONS listed in their detailed descriptions, I keep on moving along. I dont have time to email sales staff for possibly shaking info on products when I can go find a REAL vendor who knows his stuff and aint afraid to post in on their site.

And you might want to double check the ingredient list on that diet coke, Israfil. You never know what they might be trying to sneak by you.:p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread