EU How to vote - how they voted

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebt

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2012
Budapest, Hungary
Hi

In the UK we're soon going to be voting for a new batch of MEPs. (Don't know about the rest of Europe).

I've been in contact with my (Scotland) MEPs on the TPD issue, and have just looked back through how they responded.

How they actually voted on February 26th - particularly with regard to the amendments rather than the TPD adoption as a whole - will make a difference to how I vote myself. But I can't find this information anywhere. I'm sure I had it somewhere closer to the time. I did look on the EU parliament's plenary site, but couldn't find detailed information. Something called votewatch.eu looked more promising - but though it showed 6 votes on the subject that day, there was no way to find out what the particular issue for each was.

I do remember MEPs depressingly voting very much along party lines, which made me wonder whether it was worth even contacting them... And the way e-cigs were railroaded into the TPD in general (which, despite its own non-e-cig-related idiocies, it would have been political suicide to oppose) was a political stitch-up anyway.

If anyone can help me out here I'd be very grateful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread