How vaping changed my life

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrtodd211

Dec 2, 2014
San Antonio
ello everyone,

To start things off, I suffer from major depression and anxiety. Life has been difficult for me since my brother died in 2011, followed by losing the love of my life. My love didn't like analogs or ........., and dealing with the loss of my brother, those were my two alternatives to happiness. It was a stupid mistake but I didn't know how else to control myself. I lost her because I lost myself. From then until the beginning of this month, I was a mess. I didn't know what exactly anxiety and depression were, but I also didn't know why I had felt so hopeless and empty still after smoking. The beginning of this month I met a friend who had a stingray mod/patriot rda. I also found out he too suffered from depression and anxiety. But he let me use his pen, and I immediately liked it, so I ordered one that same night I went home. I had spent my last $50 bucks, but it was the best $50 I've ever spent. He gave me some samples of 0mg VG based and 3mg VG based, and I loved it. I haven't smoked a single analog or {Moderated} since I first used it. It was at that point I decided I should pull my life together. I went to my first doctor visit yesterday, and waiting for bloodwork to come in Monday. I have an appointment to see a psychiatrist and examine my mental health. Well I talked to my love since I got the pen as well. We're working on things, even though its gonna take time, I have complete faith we'll make it. She's still a bit sketchy about the vaping, but in time I'll be free from it as well. I say thank you to vaping because it actually changed my life for the better. Did I mention I'm only 19?

Last edited by a moderator:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Losing a sibling must be a terrible blow at any age. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Nicotine can be very helpful for people who suffer from depression. BTW, 3 mg/ml is extremely low--if you feel, at any time, that it's not enough, you can always go up a bit.

Congratulations and continued good luck!

LondonGirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2014
London, UK
You have been through a LOT! Congratulations on making so many positive changes. The vaping is significant, but the hard work is yours alone.

My brother also died in 2011. It was really hard, and still is. But there is happiness in life too. Depression can blind you to the positives, but I hope you will get the right help and I hope life will start getting easier for you.

Warpigs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
USA
Welcome to ECF! I do also suffer from Major Depression Disorder, Anxiety, Panic Attacks, OCD, Bipolar and have 2 stents in my heart and 1 in my leg. I'm taking 27 pills a day. I HAD to quit smoking/cheweing or I was going to die (From my cardiologist). And haven't turned back. I wish you luck. As if quitting smoking isn't hard enough but when you have physical and mental issues it makes it that much harder.

Keep you chin up and own it, Vape on!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread