Howard Hughes Peanut Butter &Jelly Sandwich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgan_Drury

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2018
20190302_020418.png

Trust the suggested steep time. The first 10 days it's horrible...

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Just me, but to me its too short a steep time for Biscuit and butter. But admit I've never tried INW one. But all other bakery and cream/butter things take 1 month in my experience. Yeah, reckon it would taste odd under 2 weeks. You tried waiting a month to 6 weeks.
I find many of Inawera's concentrates do not need long development. Biscuit, Custard, and Creme Brulee, are all good after as little as 3 days... for me, anyway. Depending on how low of a percentage is used; S&V is even reasonable. They tend to be less "heavy"/dense than CAP, or FA versions. But, I'm okay with that. :)

The original author of this recipe (Howard Hughes on ELR), states in the comments, that it is the high percentage of FA Joy (1.5 is a LOT) that dictates the 2 week minimum.
:D

Vapedog

Oct 28, 2018
I find many of Inawera's concentrates do not need long development. Biscuit, Custard, and Creme Brulee, are all good after as little as 3 days... for me, anyway. Depending on how low of a percentage is used; S&V is even reasonable. They tend to be less "heavy"/dense than CAP, or FA versions. But, I'm okay with that. :)

The original author of this recipe (Howard Hughes on ELR), states in the comments, that it is the high percentage of FA Joy (1.5 is a LOT) that dictates the 2 week minimum.
:D
Thanks, I'll have to try INW next time I do an order. That would save some steeping time on a few recipes. My preference is Capella Sugar Cookie which to get the best takes a month. Yeah you could vape it earlier but to compare 2 weeks to a month is no contest. A while ago I got Wonder Flavours White Fudge, as an example. Read lots of reviews that it was dry exhale rubbish flavour. But I steeped it for 6 weeks with Marshmallow. I tried it at 2 weeks, they were right, 3 weeks, same. 6 weeks was a nice White Fudge flavour. Im vaping it right now. I keep seeing so many recipes here that have 1, 2 week steeps with Bakery and Custards, Creams. But I've never made a DIY with those type of ingredients that didn't reach their peak at 4 to 6 weeks. Some were vapable earlier, but they all got better after a little patience. Which is why I mix Biscuits, Custards, Creams on their own often, as mix bases and let them steep ready for use later. I might add a fruit or something when I'm ready that only needs a week or two steep. This way the base is always ready. But that's just my style and taste, we're all different. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread