Howdy from South Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leyla

Dec 25, 2010
Cape Town
Hi all,
*great big gulp* thought I would jump in and introduce myself, have been reading through this forum at a rate of knots already, eventually registered but have been holding back on writing anything as I don't even know what model pv's I own. We seem to have different names here for e-cigs and until I can speak to some one from South Africa that is in the know I sort of feel like a corn cob:oops:.

I did however want to thank every one of this forum for all the amazing info and advice, got my (and my husband's) pv less than a week ago to "just cut down" on analogs but have more than "just cut down". Quite surprised that I enjoy vaping more, although from what I have read this seems to be the norm. Hubby has reduced a fair amount but seems to still prefer his analogs - I hope this will slowly change. Personally I was a 25 per day and have reduced to 3 or so per day, Hubby was a 60 per day and seems to have reduced to around 20.

I see there is a South African form and hope to be able to ask questions there some time soon.

Looking forward to interacting with you all more in the future.

videvinci

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2009
South Africa
Hi all,
*great big gulp* thought I would jump in and introduce myself, have been reading through this forum at a rate of knots already, eventually registered but have been holding back on writing anything as I don't even know what model pv's I own. We seem to have different names here for e-cigs and until I can speak to some one from South Africa that is in the know I sort of feel like a corn cob:oops:.

I did however want to thank every one of this forum for all the amazing info and advice, got my (and my husband's) pv less than a week ago to "just cut down" on analogs but have more than "just cut down". Quite surprised that I enjoy vaping more, although from what I have read this seems to be the norm. Hubby has reduced a fair amount but seems to still prefer his analogs - I hope this will slowly change. Personally I was a 25 per day and have reduced to 3 or so per day, Hubby was a 60 per day and seems to have reduced to around 20.

I see there is a South African form and hope to be able to ask questions there some time soon.

Looking forward to interacting with you all more in the future.

Welcome to this family. Everyone is gracious and amenable to help where we can. [Smokers [EX]. Are very sociable examples of the human species]. I suggest you spend the next few weeks browsing this forum as all questions seem to already have been handled in some way or another. This is the most intelligent forum I have ever visited. As you grow in your vape quest you will discover great threads.

Leyla

Dec 25, 2010
Cape Town
Hi Videvinci
Thank you for the welcome, see you are also SA. *pffff* I went the "Twisp" way with a Classic (3 bits that screw together - looks like a pen) and got hubby the Dura-C (2 bits that stew together - around the size of a cig) - no idea what they equate to when pv's are being discussed here on the forum. I am really happy with mine though - seems to have a good enough battery life and the cart lasts as long as the battery does.
I am using the "Twisp" VG juice but just don't seem to REALLY taste the flavers that I have - to be quite honest I cannot tell the difference between the mint and the coffee - not sure why.
What do you use?
Thanks Lxx

Leyla

Dec 25, 2010
Cape Town
Hi Mlinky
Thank you, yeah I am sure the SA peeps can ... I think hubbies is a 510 from what I can tell, he is "OK" with it but not all that happy with any kind of change - not sure if he would ever STOP analogs completely but it has reduced things for him. I would not be surprised if he get's into mods LOL!!

For me I really like the look and feel of mine - just wish I could taste the flavour of the juice - I guess my taste buds, lungs and sinus still need to clear up - if you told me I was smoking "black pepper" I would not argue with you at this point.

Leyla

Dec 25, 2010
Cape Town
.... would not argue with you at this point. <---- meant to add: Not sure if that is just the fact that the juice I bought is not such good quality or that as mentioned it will take some time still to "heal".
I have ordered a few bottles from a USA company that makes an organic juice that I have seen a few people here discuss.
CANNOT wait for them to arrive :) Mmmmm I ordered the "Organic Tabacco" flav for hubby and all he said was ... "I like the one that came with the e-cig ... want more o that".

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
I know what you mean. I am convinced that juice preference is a matter of personal taste. Personally, I need really strong flavors and harsh throat hit right now, so I have a lot of cinnamon and menthol flavors. I bought my brother an eGo (510 with big battery) and he loved the lousy generic Marlboro cartridges that came with it. They made me gag.

leprud

Dec 17, 2010
Moscow, Russia
hello.jpg

Hi Leyla and welcome!

I am kind of new at this myself but I am finding that the bigger the juice capacity is on my e-cig.
the more I like it and more natural it is for me to stay away from regular cigs.

In other words I like to vape until the urge for a cigarette goes away without having to re-fill all the time.

If that helps at all.

Good luck to you and your husband. I think it will come very natural to you both over time.

Leyla

Dec 25, 2010
Cape Town
Thank you every one, it has so far not been the easiest path, I read of others super success and just *wish* :)

Today I killed 1/3 a pack due to *stress* feel like a total failure yet I think *my gosh - that's like almost 1/3 what I WOULD have smoked on a regular day * ....

Thanks to every one that has welcomed me, not been an easy time so really appreciate it :)

I sort of wanted to know what I was talking about before I started any discussions/comments/threads here, but thank you for the support.

Lxx

Leyla

Dec 25, 2010
Cape Town
Hi Leyla welcome to ECF, Twisp are usually a re-branded Janty, just Google Janty and try find the match.

Hi Sprint 1050 - OK I chose the KissBox Classic - oh my gosh that is just so TWEE but if some one can tell me WHAT it is when you all talk about 510's etc I may feel a bit better :)
Hangs head in shame .... I got hubby the "Dura" because the ego looked too "OTT" for him and I wanted to get him something more "normal" in terms of switching.

No problem Leyla. We all have to start somewhere.

I think you should take the easy approach and not try so hard.

If you want to smoke a cigarette. Than smoke a cigarette. No shame.
But then when you feel comfortable later on go vape for awhile.
See how you feel then.

Play around with it a bit.

Eventually if you are like most of us you will find you may actually prefer vaping over cigarette smoking.

Anyway you sound like you are off to a great start!!

PS. To answer your question: 510, 801 etc. are just referencing the size of the atomizer connections produced by the various venders.

Last edited:

videvinci

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2009
South Africa
Hi Videvinci
Thank you for the welcome, see you are also SA. *pffff* I went the "Twisp" way with a Classic (3 bits that screw together - looks like a pen) and got hubby the Dura-C (2 bits that stew together - around the size of a cig) - no idea what they equate to when pv's are being discussed here on the forum. I am really happy with mine though - seems to have a good enough battery life and the cart lasts as long as the battery does.
I am using the "Twisp" VG juice but just don't seem to REALLY taste the flavers that I have - to be quite honest I cannot tell the difference between the mint and the coffee - not sure why.
What do you use?
Thanks Lxx

Yes Leyla,
My favorite is the kissbox classic AUTO connected to the passthrough, from Twisp. I have been vaping for 18mnths now and cut down to 5 cigs per day. After a harrowing two days in ICU last week due to excessive heart palpitations and fibrillation, I STOPPED all analogues. Still can't believe I did it. (See my post in health section) I was a dedicated smoker for 35 yrs. The classic is the savior. I also have the stick (don't like it because of button- according to me the manual button depletes the flavor of the juice-) I have the indulgence as well as passthrough (also manual- dont like it)
The auto switch on the classic does fail fairly quickly, but really I have tried various brands. The kissbox is the best even after 18 months. Eastmall is in the process of developing an automatic RIVA ( Ego) which I am waiting for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread