Howdy! Introduction and a question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there! I'll start with an introduction. I'm Spencer, I've been vaping for about 4 years now, going on 5. I started out with V2 Cigs, and actually stuck with them for quite some time, however I always used e-smart clearos with them since the v2 carts/clearos are ridiculous. I've owned a few mods over time, but they didn't work out well for me due to poor choices. I'm receiving an N-Fire S2 here in a few weeks and looking forward to that piece of art. I'm from Texas, however I was raised in Washington State. I'm an extremely direct writer, which usually gives off a wrong impression of hostility or malicious intent in my replies. So I certainly feel as though I should include that in my introduction. I am an open-minded person and try to avoid conflicts, since a young age I've been Buddhist. And really to be quite honest I'm not sure what else to include without getting very personal, feel free to ask questions though as I am an open book. Unless things get sketchy :)

So I noticed there's a reasonable 5 post limit before you can leave this area, it's rather unfortunate, however, as I've been part of many communities both as a member and administrator (usually for dedicated server management); I absolutely understand! But i do have a rather important question that I'd like to include in this, and if a mod would like to move this post to a good section, I'd appreciate that greatly. If I seem sketchy or spammy to any staff members, you're welcome to ask for my skype information and we can have a face-to-face chat in hopes to resolve any problems.

Question time:

I purchased a Smoktech Prospect E-pipe. It was hard to find a seller, especially with the blue-chrome version. I did find a seller, they looked legit as any other, and purchased it. The E-pipe arrived today, about 6 hours before this posting. Now, in the few video reviews I've seen, most in German, the box included a metal pipe drip tip and a tank (not sure of the brand or type). I also believe it came with the appropriate battery, but I'm not absolutely sure unlike the other parts mentioned. The listing by the way, didn't say if it included really anything, so I just hoped it would include what appeared to be stock for this item.
Here it goes. I open the neat box, and see the beautiful E-pipe (looks better than in pictures!). And then, as I've seen in videos, I lift the section casing the pipe to reveal the large space below it - clearly made for extras! - nothing was there.
So I've run into a big problem, I didn't expect a battery, so I was smart enough to order one at the same time as well as a nitecore intelli i2 charger as I saw recommended on these forums for these batteries. There was no drip tip, disappointing but okay. I order some cool cheap ones from china and they'll be here within a year (yay!). There was no clearo/tank/atomizer that should most certainly be a default item! (why else have a removable compartment with nothing but space for that stuff?) I feel as though I shouldn't bother submitting a complaint, the page was written so scarcely it's almost meant to trick you.

Here's what I really need help with, now that you have the background information.
I need to get a clearo/tank that's under $30 and reliable, and the replacement atomizer heads/coils/etc need to be cheap in bulk, at least $11 for 5. They also need to be good though. This is quite the challenge! In the future I look forward to making my own coils as I've done in the past and applying that to the pipe for fantastic vapor, but I need something that will still provide great vapor and not have to be replaced constantly as I cannot afford that. The aesthetics matter tremendously to me, but if it comes to to ultimate reliability and surprising vapor/cheap prices then of course I'll use that until I can upgrade.
What I've found that seems absolutely amazing is SMOK Revive DCT (sorry, can't do links!) from Smoktech (ice blue). But I cannot find where to buy and have no idea of the alibaba (only place selling them??) mechanics. I also have no idea what the price is, and how much the replacement parts are. There's no denying that's the best look I could get for my prospect however.

You have my sincerest apologies if I have broken any rules (I only skimmed them, to be honest. Most forum rules are usually the same).

Best regards and happy to join,
Polymoore/Spencer :)

Hi, Spencer, Welcome to ECF. I am sorry I can't answer your question as I have no clue about e pipes, but stick around some expert will find your post and give you great advice shortly. Thats what's so great about this Forum, everyone helps whenever they can. Lots of luck with your pipe, post us a few pics when you get her all set up. Have a great day. :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Hello Pollymore! Welcome to our forum. I'm a big cartotank fan, so I know something about them and I'll attempt to help you out. I Googled the SMOK Revive DCT tank, and it appears that it is a very new product that has not reached vendors in the States yet. Alibaba is a Chinese distributorship and you generally have to purchase a minimum 50 count of a product. So it sounds like this tank is out of the question unless you're willing to wait an indefinite amount of time for other vendors to start carrying them.

I can offer for you to look into an IBTanked. These are a very popular premium-quality pyrex cartotank, probably of better quality than the SMOK tanks you were looking at. These are custom tanks made to order, and for what you are looking for would cost $30 - $40 before tax, S&H. I have over a dozen of these tanks in my collection, and did a review of them here: IBTanked Pyrex Cartotanks

If interested, here's the process on how to order. Go to the IBTanked.com website. Notice that OCD offers a tinted glass option called PRISM; choose this later if you like that. You can also order either a plain glass tube or have one custom painted (for additional cost). Since you didn't get a drip tip with your pipe, look at the different tips offered.

1. Click on the "complete tanks" from the menu.
2. Click on the "19mm cartomizer tank" option.
3. Under the "pick your caps" section, click the "turqouise anodised" option in the dropdown menu. A picture of the caps will appear. (blue caps are sold out)
4. Under "select tube length", click "19mm XL tube".
5 Next section, select "56 PRISM blue" in the dropdown menu. Leave the pick color blank, as the PRISM blue is a tinted glass already.
6. Under choose cartomiser, pick the "SMOK 1.7 ohm XL".
7. Choose which drip tip that you like.
8. I recommend getting the "tank refill tool" in the last selection for only $2.50.
9. Total cost will be $40.
10. You can order additional cartomisers under "accessories". Figure on using one cartomizer every 2 - 3 weeks.

I did a blog post on how I fill my cartotanks: Baditude's Cartotank Setup Guide

Last edited:

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Washington
Welcome to the forum! I always appreciate what Baditude has to say, and I am probably going to be looking into ibtanked soon because of this thread. However, carto tanks aren't for everyone. One tug on the wrong section when you're not paying attention and you've got juice everywhere it's not supposed to be. That's what drew me to the AGR+, it's a locking Pyrex carto tank for under $20 at kidney puncher with an upgrade for $40 that claims to get rid of the leaking issue some report having with this unit (only leaks for me if I don't set it up right). It's hard to beat the flavor of cartos, but like I said before, carto tanks aren't for everyone. I've been pretty happy with Kanger Protanks. Protank 2 for single coil, cooler vape and Protank 3 for dual coil warmer vape. The aerotank is a pt3 with adjustable air flow. Flavor isn't as good as a carto but it is a bit of a trade off because you can tug on any part of a protank and the liquid stays safely inside and flavor is still pretty good. Also, Protanks are easy to take apart and clean and are cheap and easy to replace the heads, and when you want to turn your own coils again, you can do that with the Protanks.

sstarrx3

Sep 23, 2014
North Carolina
Hello! New to forum. Been vaping since June and loving it. I was not a smoker but did struggle with giving up smokeless tobacco. Was off and on the wagon so often my head was spinning. Really happy with vaping. It is a healthier alternative and less disgusting! I started off using V2 ecigs with cartos for about a week. Then I moved up to clearomizers. I took me a long time to find juice that I did not think was disgusting. I then discovered Johnson Creek and love just about everything they make. I primarily like tobacco vapes and sometimes mix them with a hint of vanilla or cherry. I am not much into fruity or sweet vapes alone. I have since moved up to using the Itaste vv v3.0 which I LOVE. I use aspire CE5-s clearomizers. Today I started using the NEW BVC coils in stead of BDC coils and man what a difference. I can actually use the variable wattage now. With BDC anything above 8 watts tasted burnt. I can crank the Itaste up to the max 11 watts using BVC coils and it tastes great with awesome vapor production. Its great to have a forum I can now go to for questions and advice. Thanks!

First off, thanks for the warm welcome and all of the advice everyone! I've looked into every recommendation and I've decided to take Baditude's suggestion.

Hello Pollymore! Welcome to our forum. I'm a big cartotank fan, so I know something about them and I'll attempt to help you out. I Googled the SMOK Revive DCT tank, and it appears that it is a very new product that has not reached vendors in the States yet. Alibaba is a Chinese distributorship and you generally have to purchase a minimum 50 count of a product. So it sounds like this tank is out of the question unless you're willing to wait an indefinite amount of time for other vendors to start carrying them.

I can offer for you to look into an IBTanked. These are a very popular premium-quality pyrex cartotank, probably of better quality than the SMOK tanks you were looking at. These are custom tanks made to order, and for what you are looking for would cost $30 - $40 before tax, S&H. I have over a dozen of these tanks in my collection, and did a review of them here: IBTanked Pyrex Cartotanks

If interested, here's the process on how to order. Go to the website. Notice that OCD offers a tinted glass option called PRISM; choose this later if you like that. You can also order either a plain glass tube or have one custom painted (for additional cost). Since you didn't get a drip tip with your pipe, look at the different tips offered.

1. Click on the "complete tanks" from the menu.
2. Click on the "19mm cartomizer tank" option.
3. Under the "pick your caps" section, click the "turqouise anodised" option in the dropdown menu. A picture of the caps will appear. (blue caps are sold out)
4. Under "select tube length", click "19mm XL tube".
5 Next section, select "56 PRISM blue" in the dropdown menu. Leave the pick color blank, as the PRISM blue is a tinted glass already.
6. Under choose cartomiser, pick the "SMOK 1.7 ohm XL".
7. Choose which drip tip that you like.
8. I recommend getting the "tank refill tool" in the last selection for only $2.50.
9. Total cost will be $40.
10. You can order additional cartomisers under "accessories". Figure on using one cartomizer every 2 - 3 weeks.

I did a blog post on how I fill my cartotanks: Baditude's Cartotank Setup Guide
In reply to Baditude~
Thank you for all of the information you've provided, I've bookmarked your cart/tank setup guide to read again when my own tank arrives. You're suggestion, while going over my price limit a tad, will be great! I'm fond of the idea that a $1.50 carto can last me 2-3 weeks. (I assume that it will be less, since I'm a very heavy vaper).
The tanks look beautiful and of great build quality! I'm not adding a tip in the order because I'd like to keep the price down, but I threw in the tank filler tool as soon as I saw a video demonstrating it(I'll purchase a cheap tip from vaporkings until my china pipe ones get here:p). Before I purchase I had a question, you recommended that I choose 56- PRISM Blue for the tube, an image of it is not on the website so I'm making an assumption that it's just a tube with a blue tint? If that's the case I have chosen the 22- Swirl Bold Royal Blue design.

Do you have any other thoughts?

Thanks again everyone :) When it's all set up I'll be sure to post some pictures!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
First off, thanks for the warm welcome and all of the advice everyone! I've looked into every recommendation and I've decided to take Baditude's suggestion.

In reply to Baditude~
Thank you for all of the information you've provided, I've bookmarked your cart/tank setup guide to read again when my own tank arrives. You're suggestion, while going over my price limit a tad, will be great! I'm fond of the idea that a $1.50 carto can last me 2-3 weeks. (I assume that it will be less, since I'm a very heavy vaper).
The tanks look beautiful and of great build quality! I'm not adding a tip in the order because I'd like to keep the price down, but I threw in the tank filler tool as soon as I saw a video demonstrating it(I'll purchase a cheap tip from vaporkings until my china pipe ones get here:p). Before I purchase I had a question, you recommended that I choose 56- PRISM Blue for the tube, an image of it is not on the website so I'm making an assumption that it's just a tube with a blue tint? If that's the case I have chosen the 22- Swirl Bold Royal Blue design.

Do you have any other thoughts?

Thanks again everyone :) When it's all set up I'll be sure to post some pictures!

On the home page, the tinted prism tanks are displayed -- semi-opaque tinted glass. The painted swirl tanks look cool too, whatever you like. :)

On the home page, the tinted prism tanks are displayed -- semi-opaque tinted glass. The painted swirl tanks look cool too, whatever you like. :)

Thanks for the confirmation:)
Yeah I do like the swirl. I'm picking parts that add some personality to it so, while I love a very clean and sleek style, the epipe will fit myself better :) By the way, when you say the carts will last 2-3 weeks, what's your personal average with them? (Do you vape heavily?) and how often are you cleaning them (if at all?) :)

Hey, so my stuff came. I'm really pleased with how my tank turned out, the carts from IBtanked must be punched so I haven't gotten to that yet. I don't have a dremmel or one of those ecig punchers. I'm heading to a hardware store tomorrow to see if I can find a home pipe puncher that I've seen in some videos, is there any other good way to punch a hole in the cart with common house tools? Also note, as I'm sure you gathered from my previous punching question, I haven't had the chance to smoke it yet. The battery I ordered hasn't arrived. This whole situation has been pretty annoying.

I have one other question, there's a gap between my tank and the pipe, do you have any suggestions on attachments that might fill it up?
WP_20140926_003.jpg

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread