Howdy Y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokingInTexas

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2008
Texas, USA
Hello All!

I been reading through the forum for long enough now, I figure it’s time to introduce myself.

I been a regular full-flavor smoker for almost 30 years. I smoke just a hair over a pack a day for most of that time with the exception of a one year period where I must have lost my freaken mind.

After reading through the forums for couple weeks, I decided to take the plunge and see what e-smoking could do for ME! So far I have stuck to the requirements I set for myself with all this, which were:

• Must cost less than what I am spending now for real cigarettes ($36.00 a carton/per week – more or less)
  • Must be (relatively) safe (Ok, really, how safe is smoking real cigs?)
  • and I only wanted to deal with (apearantly) reputable US businesses with reasonable shipping times and charges

So, where am I now?

I started with an Njoy Pen Style. Initially, one of the two batteries was … dysfunctional, and for the first few days of use, I wasn’t really seeing the vapor output so common on the e-smoking videos. It did replace some of my regular smoking though. Njoy was very responsive and sent a replacement battery AND atomizer, even though I wasn’t certian the one I had was really bad. (btw, the first atomizer WAS … having a crisis of vapor as I found out shortly after) . I also ordered an intial order of full-high carts and a vanilla flavored cart. from Njoy.

While waiting on the replacement parts, I ordered a bottle of juice from Johnson Creek. Again, very quick response and shipping. By my calculations, if a cart holds 1ml, a single bottle of juice should equate to 30 cartridges (for $20), verses $24 for 5 carts. Hmmm……there seems to be some pricing indecisions to be made. The flavor of the juice was very smooth and sufficient to fool many of the voices in my head that I was actually smoking.

Through additional research, I also stumbled into PureSmoker where I ordered 2 spare atomizers, 2 spare batteries, and a mini kit (only ordered to cross the free shipping barrier :). Again, the response and delivery time were very good. And using the US postal system too. I would have thought it would take longer being that most postal employees have to stop now and then to reload.

Using the (replaced) Njoy and the replacement atomizers, I was extremely happy to discover that good vapor WAS achievable. I was even quite surprised with the performance of the mini. Granted, I had to refill the cart multiple times during the day, the battery life is reasonable, and the vapor is really good.

The true surprise for me came when I had a pack of real cigarettes last me more than 4 days. And, I’m not craving a “real” smoke. To top it off, I’m noticing when I do smoke a real one, that it tastes nasty. A lot like licking asphalt, but I’d rather not go into how I know that. ;)

I think I have sufficient supplies now to completely drop the real smokes, but I’m sure I will keep an “emergency” pack handy in case of a power outage or other acts of the vapor Gods.

Since I am sure they do read here, I want to thank Njoy, Johnson Creek, and PureSmoker for the responsiveness and efforts. I would also like to thank those of you who post to this forum. Although a great deal of information here is….foggy (or vapor covered), and some is honestly just a single persons experience (which luck plays a role), the information is very helpful and occasionally makes perfect sense.

So, I hope to return the favor and possible help someone else, or maybe just listen while they vent (although I will NOT wear the t-shirt with the red (target) circles…again……this week…..

Thanks Everyone!

Tex

dnakr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2008
Virginia, USA
Welcome Tex. Glad to hear that you are enjoying your e-smoke experience. This forum is full of a lot of information - although you may have to search for it - LOL.

Feel free to post any questions or concerns you may have. Everyone here enjoys helping each other and finding out an answer.

Hope to see you posting more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread