Not open for further replies.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Hi @Bobsyouruncle! Yep, those Reos sure do last forever. Same experience here with my Grand, mini, 18490 Woodville, and P-67. Sometimes I just take them for granted! As you’ve probably read, Rob sold the business to @Eric Parlin so he can peruse other activities. So far all of the experiences with Eric have been top notch just like with Rob. I had one such experience as well! Check out the new web-site. Sharp and user friendly.
As far as business, I can’t speak to that. But I am thinking that it’s time for you to get your Grand a friend :banana:. There’s still a bunch of Reonauts, although fewer than years ago, who check in here daily. Welcome back and sit a spell.

Eric Parlin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Its been several years since i've popped in, and even longer since I bought a REO. Still using my Grand on a daily basis at work that I bought in 2011. So, just out of curiosity; are there still a lot of REO's being sold or has the market gotten too big/competitive?

Thanks for the inquiry @Bobsyouruncle . Business has been a bit slow the last couple of months, but is starting to tick back up now that the holidays are over.

Just like everyone else in the industry, we are having to compete with cheap, mass produced items from overseas. The clones and mass-produced items have drawn a share of the market and many people new to squonking are apprehensive to pay for a Reo. But, like @Rule62 commented on @Sloth Tonight 's video reflection, Reos are kind of like Harleys. Not for everyone, but definitely a loyal following.

Personally, I like to think of Reos in terms of watches. Some people spend $10 for a mass produced watch. Others spend thousands for a one-of-a-kind. Me, I land somewhere in the middle of the spectrum. I end up with a watch that will run forever and looks nice, but isn't a showpiece that I never dare take out of its case.

Also, I agree with @Robinowitz that your Grand needs a friend (or two or three).

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Thanks for the inquiry @Bobsyouruncle . Business has been a bit slow the last couple of months, but is starting to tick back up now that the holidays are over.

Just like everyone else in the industry, we are having to compete with cheap, mass produced items from overseas. The clones and mass-produced items have drawn a share of the market and many people new to squonking are apprehensive to pay for a Reo. But, like @Rule62 commented on @Sloth Tonight 's video reflection, Reos are kind of like Harleys. Not for everyone, but definitely a loyal following.

Personally, I like to think of Reos in terms of watches. Some people spend $10 for a mass produced watch. Others spend thousands for a one-of-a-kind. Me, I land somewhere in the middle of the spectrum. I end up with a watch that will run forever and looks nice, but isn't a showpiece that I never dare take out of its case.

Also, I agree with @Robinowitz that your Grand needs a friend (or two or three).
Man I have been a slacker, I've still got that woodville that needs some TLC, going to pack it up and give it a ride to you tomorrow to get the 510 glued back in secure, and have the 510 solder joint fixed... Take good care of my baby when it gets there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread