Hunting for some battery advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGonzo

Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Houston, TX, USA
I'm new-ish to the whole manual mod game, but I'm a quick learner. That being said, the one place I'm not quite up to speed is in the battery area.

I've seen lots of different batteries for sale in many different places - generally speaking, I've seen a lot of the gray wrapped generic ones and it seems like I can't swing a cat without hitting EFESTs. I'm starting to build a nice collection of mods and need to make another battery purchase (18-xxx). What the heck should I buy?

More about me:

- I'm reasonably experienced with basic electronics and exercise a lot of care with my coil building and testing. I know a short when I see one and if anything, I'm overly cautious about avoiding hard shorts.

- I don't stack batteries. If I use an 18350, it's because I want something smaller. If I'm going big, I use an 18650. If I want more voltage, I use a VV/VW device.

- I'm getting into some sub-ohm builds - as I understand it, this means I'm going to want some batteries with a better discharge rate.

Thanks for the help. I've used the search button, but if there's a thread that I'm missing, I won't be the least bit insulted to be pointed in the correct direction.

Best,

J.

quiter

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
hanging around
As far as I know panasonic or sanyo (same company) make as good a battery as you will need. The 3400mAh protected on Fast Tech are very hard to beat. They are longer though. If you need a slightly shorter battery and are on a budget the 2600 sanyo's on Fast Tech are again hard to beat. Fast Tech is fast too. Their shipping and customer support is second to none.

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
Vander hit the nail on the head^^^^^

if battery safety is a concern to you.
a higher amp limit is always better. especially of your going into sub-ohm vaping.

nothing sucks more than a sub-ohm coil short on you while intoxicated and not realizing it...:unsure:
lets just say it could have ended much worse.
The coil was fine in the morning.... i must have dropped it hard....

:toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread