Status
Not open for further replies.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Seriously if you want to save lot of money sign up in the link below . lol . Just want people to see this . Personally i needed to stop smoking because taxes made cigarettes go up to 10.00+ a pack . I made the switch so i wouldnt be broke anymore and have a safe alternative and possibly quit all together . Now the gov want to find a way to still rob us of our hard earned money . It will be horrible if we need to pay 40 buck for a 10ml bottle of ejuice . Along with the taxes the gov always takes it a step further so we may not even be able to have flavors or be able to buy it online . I wouldnt be surprised if they tried to make i prescription only .Not only that but they will put all the online vendors that do so much for us out of business . Click the link and sign the petition to stop this . We only need a little over 1000 more sigs . Figured another thread cant hurt . Maybe ECF should only let people log in to the forum if they sign it or maybe have a pop up when logging in at least .

Btw when you sign it there is a link to share the petition on facebook or twitter . Remember to do that as well .

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petition...paign=shorturl

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
That would only be possible if there was some sort of API for it, which I doubt.
Also this would screw people over from outside the US...

But I do agree - sign this if you can!

Ah ,didnt know if it were possible or not .Just trying to throw some ideas out there to help the cause .

Jeremy-WI

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2011
SW WI
What good do the petitions really do? I think it is obvious that the Govt doesn't listen to the average person anymore. The govt raised taxes on cigarettes and then when they found out how many rolled their own, the upped the tax on RYO supplies- $20+/lb for cig tobacco and I don't think they raised the cigar RYO tax a dime but they probably will after they figure out a lot of the RYO group is using cigar cut tobacco now.

Right now, vapers are lost tax revenue for the gov't. Look at some of the stuff on nocigtax.com, there are a lot more smokers than vapers and the smokers can't stop a tax increase by the feds, some states still have a very small tax on cigs/chewing tobacco, but most of those states are big tobacco producers.

DO a search for RYO tax petition, they had one to try to stop the big tax increase and the tax happened anyway.

There is a good chance that the more signatures this petition gathers will just prove to the govt that the PV/juice industry is worth the effort to tax and that we don't have the numbers to affect any elections

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
What good do the petitions really do? I think it is obvious that the Govt doesn't listen to the average person anymore. The govt raised taxes on cigarettes and then when they found out how many rolled their own, the upped the tax on RYO supplies- $20+/lb for cig tobacco and I don't think they raised the cigar RYO tax a dime but they probably will after they figure out a lot of the RYO group is using cigar cut tobacco now.

Right now, vapers are lost tax revenue for the gov't. Look at some of the stuff on nocigtax.com, there are a lot more smokers than vapers and the smokers can't stop a tax increase by the feds, some states still have a very small tax on cigs/chewing tobacco, but most of those states are big tobacco producers.

DO a search for RYO tax petition, they had one to try to stop the big tax increase and the tax happened anyway.

There is a good chance that the more signatures this petition gathers will just prove to the govt that the PV/juice industry is worth the effort to tax and that we don't have the numbers to affect any elections

I thought of that as well .The gov does whatever they want but it cant hurt to try and if anything postpone it for a while . Maybe even recognize that ecigs do help people .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread