Status
Not open for further replies.

Roscopecotrain

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2013
Prestleigh, Somerset
Hi all, me again.

Here we have the review of the Hypertank. I received this free for review from Toni atwww.ukecigcabin.com/

You can find the product here www.ukecigcabin.com/product/hypertank for £13.99

The Hypertank, where do i start with this. I know size. This Hypertank is huge. This thing holds 5ml, that's right 5ml of e-liquid. Next weight, this thing straight out the box is heavy but filled with liquid it's even heavier. Certainly more than i was expecting.

So down to the info. The Hypertank is a bottom coil clearomiser meaning the coil is situated at the bottom of the tank aiding in the wicking of your e-liquid. The tank is made out of pyrex glass meaning you can use all your liquids without the fear of your tank cracking. Over this pyrex tank you have an aluminium sleeve which gives you the design. This takes 510 drip tips meaning you can replace the drip tip to one of your own. This has a 510 connection on the bottom. It comes in three different colours, chrome, black chrome and bronze.

hyper_tank__5ml_glass_pyrex_uk_33_zps47da486e.jpg

The Hypertank comes very well packaged in a little box, on the back of the box you get a starter guide to get you going and you also get a card inside with instructions on how to fill it plus 2 heads. One already in the Hypertank and a spare in the box.

20131117_143203_zps4360a9f9.jpg

20131117_143231_zpsfce730ea.jpg

So build quality feels great, well put together, i have had no leaking problems at all with the Hypertank. This uses the same heads as your Protanks. I have tested this and tried both a normal Protank head and a micro coil Protank head in this and both work very well with no leaks what so ever. Here is a picture of a Hypertank head (right) and a Protank head (left).

20131117_143401_zps914b25b2.jpg

The stock heads that came with this are not great if i am honest, on par with the stock Protank heads. I have been using this since Saturday morning and already the head is getting gunked up and dropping in performance. Not great i know but this unfortunately seems to be the norm these days with the ecig manufacturers as they are so mass produced. If you can re coil then i would re coil straight away but i think the price point of this reflects the heads as we all know the Protank heads are not great compared to a re coil and this is a similar price.
As said earlier this thing is weighty, so much so that on my Evic it feels so top heavy especially when full up with e-liquid which leads me onto the size. It is huge, to wide and heavy for an ego battery imo but you can get a Hypertank collar here www.ukecigcabin.com/product/hypertank-collar.It is to wide for my Evic but that is down to my vape ocd really as only a small overhang. Dimensions are 50mm high not including drip tip and connection and 21mm wide. Here it is on a Evic.

20131117_143706_zps96624a73.jpg

Here is a size comparison with a Protank 2.

20131117_172949_zpsa3955d21.jpg

Final thoughts of the Hypertank then. If you have a mod then yes this looks ok on it but needs to be a heavier mod imo. The design is not to my taste i must admit but it is certainly different. Holds a huge amount of liquid so less faffing about filling it up. Not great stock heads but if you can re coil this won't be an issue.

Would i recommend this, for a beginner no as it is not a great vape, for an experienced vaper yes as the right mod and a recoil would make this clearomiser great.

Little edit here: There are fake Hypertanks out there people so be careful where you buy from. Genuine Hypertanks have the words Hypertank Glass Atomizer written on both ends.

Last little note. It looked the best on my Magneto lol.

20131117_143612_zps38be14fb.jpg

Rosco.

Recycled Roadkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2013
Garland, TX
I am a huge Hyper Tank fan. I really can't see why any BCC tank would differ from one to the next, however, my preference comes after testing the Protank II, Smok BCC 4ml tank, the EVOD 1.5ml tanks that come with the starter kits.

Because of what I consider exception performance, and using 2.2 ohm EVOD coils, I now own 3 of the Hyper Tanks and will be buying more in the time to come.

There is a problem with these though but the problem is my own. Twice I've been watching something else as I'm removing the tank from my MVP 2. Instead of separating the tank from the MVP, I've unscrewed the bottom from the tank itself. Again, twice now! You have to be especially careful or you'll be wearing multiple mls of juice in your lap. I truly only blame myself for this as there's no defect in the way they're threaded. If anything they're threaded where they screw in and out very smoothly.

I thought you did a nice review Roscopecotrain.

Last edited:

Roscopecotrain

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2013
Prestleigh, Somerset
I am a huge Hyper Tank fan. I really can't see why any BCC tank would differ from one to the next, however, my preference comes after testing the Protank II, Smok BCC 4ml tank, the EVOD 1.5ml tanks that come with the starter kits.

Because of what I consider exception performance, and using 2.2 ohm EVOD coils, I now own 3 of the Hyper Tanks and will be buying more in the time to come.

There is a problem with these though but the problem is my own. Twice I've been watching something else as I'm removing the tank from my MVP 2. Instead of separating the tank from the MVP, I've unscrewed the bottom from the tank itself. Again, twice now! You have to be especially careful or you'll be wearing multiple mls of juice in your lap. I truly only blame myself for this as there's no defect in the way they're threaded. If anything they're threaded where they screw in and out very smoothly.

I thought you did a nice review Roscopecotrain.

Thank you Roadkill

Camay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Birmingham, AL
I just purchased my third Hypertank today. I have copper, bronze, and black chrome (ordered). This is a fantastic glassomizer. It does have an airy draw, but it's not as airy as the Evod. Since I used the method of filling with cotton from this thread - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modding-forum/477632-simple-tweak-protank-hypertank.html - I have had absolutely no gurgling or leaking issues. With the quick fix...your tank will work like a dream.
I got a great deal on the Hypertank at Desert Vapes HyperTank. Use code merry10 for the 10% discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread