I admit it, I'm a spoiled rotten Princess; however, I am also aware of how blessed I am and truly grateful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
What makes the Ikenvape better??? (IS it better?) I saw on the website stuff about vertical coils and such, but how does all that make a difference in the vaping experience?
Simply a better made carto. Higher quality polyfill, higher quality heating element, higher quality steel casing, custom-designed air flow.

Imagine if an American company decided to make a higher quality cartomizer, this would be it. Ikenvape commissions an un-named China manufacturer to make cartos for them with strict specifications for higher quality parts. These have noticeably better flavor production and last significantly longer than Smoktech or Boge cartos. And they don't cost any more than those. If you can score some Ikenvapes, you won't be sorry.

I've only had one bad carto from Ikenvape, out of probably 60 cartos that I've purchased. How does that compare to your Smoktech or Boge cartos?

The downside is they are often out of stock. These are obviously very popular with a loyal fanbase, and because of limited availability through no fault of Ikenvape, they sell out fast.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Batitude, how do you decide WHICH carto to order, they have Fusion and Platinum, how do you decide? I clicked the 'compare' buttons, but there's no place to actually compare:p.
Isaac has said, on his ECF supplier forum http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ikenvape/, that the 510-Fusions are especially designed for cartotanks - less dense polyfill for easier priming and wicking properties, and a middle of the road air flow. They also have a flange.

I personally can't tell a difference between the 510-Fusions and the Platinums, aside from the fact that the Platinums have no flange (which is not necessary and a personal preference of the user). They can both be ordered punched.

The last time I purchased cartos from Ikenvape, they had a 25 maximum count limit that you could order from any particular carto category. So I ordered 25 Plats and 25 510-Fusions.

So unless you just HAVE to have a flange on your cartos, don't be concerned which to buy. I consider them to be equal in performance. I'd get whichever is in stock.

Last edited:

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
I think i will give the ikenvape cartos a try, but they seem expensive here in the UK (£5 each). They dont sell pre-punched either so i'd need to get a carto punch too. I'm not keen on boge, although they do perform much better with loads of priming and dry puffs. I prefer smok cartos as they dont seem to need as much priming with better flavour and i like the flanged bottom.

How long would you say the IKV last bad?

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
You fashionable ProVari beauties (ok and guys too I guess) are a hard crew to keep up with. In my search of becoming a ProVari mini princess, I have ordered two new IBtanked 19 mm and a Loki Beauty Ring. Nearly pulled the trigger on two of those as well, but got one.

Now I'm hunting down both LR 1.7 and 2.0 prepunched 510 carts because the better brands seemed to be out every where and my last conquest will be an open bottom Stingray for my Aurora tank, a sweet dripping atty and lastly the Vision V Fate glass tank just because I want to try it.

SHEW, great self control on my buying freeze..not

Stormy has them: SmokTech Single Coil 1.7 ohm Tank Cartomizer- 2 hole- 5 pack

ETA: I'm in the minority about IKV. I like the Platinum, and use them, but I prefer a flange. I wasn't blown away by the Fusion. I still have a box full, I guess I should try them again the next time I fill an XL tank.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I think i will give the ikenvape cartos a try, but they seem expensive here in the UK (£5 each). They dont sell pre-punched either so i'd need to get a carto punch too. I'm not keen on boge, although they do perform much better with loads of priming and dry puffs. I prefer smok cartos as they dont seem to need as much priming with better flavour and i like the flanged bottom.

How long would you say the IKV last bad?
This is difficult to say specifically. I rotate between several different tanks simultaneously. I can just say with confidence that IKV last longer than Smoktech. I haven't used a Boge for over a year since the first BogeGate episode.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Tumbler tank part deux

image.jpg

You can see pretty flush, beauty ring would finish the look...attached drip tip stays cool until volts are cranked up quite a bit, IMO

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 160

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Tumbler tank part deux

View attachment 268058

You can see pretty flush, beauty ring would finish the look...attached drip tip stays cool until volts are cranked up quite a bit, IMO

View attachment 268059

Thanks! I'm going to give the adaptor a shot. I'm crossing my fingers it works, it would look fab on Bobo. Mine's different. The plastic is "smoke" and the caps are silver. They didn't have any colored caps :( If it works I might have to buy more.

Seapup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia, USA
.........I have ordered two new IBtanked 19 mm and a Loki Beauty Ring.......

Just wondering if you realize that the Loki Pro-Ring is 22mm, like the ProVari. Not sure what "look" you're going for... I like 22mm tanks because with the Loki ring, everything is flush from bottom to top. Without the ring the 19mm tank will be flush with the tapered contact end of the ProVari, like the ProTank-II.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Just wondering if you realize that the Loki Pro-Ring is 22mm, like the ProVari. Not sure what "look" you're going for... I like 22mm tanks because with the Loki ring, everything is flush from bottom to top. Without the ring the 19mm tank will be flush with the tapered contact end of the ProVari, like the ProTank-II.

So are you saying the Loki is going to be pretty much useless w/IBtanked 19mm?

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012

I sent you a PM about that last night. It's my fault. All of my IBTanks are 19mm, except the last ones I just bought, since I didn't have a ring until recently. Don't fret - I'm sure you will get more tanks and they can be 22mm.

I like the 19mm, since they work with my charms and the Loki ring doesn't fit very well in the sleeves. Back to my pix. The mini has a 19mm (no ring) and the full size has 22mm and a Loki ring.

cq4l.jpg

I like the charms. They don't fit with a Loki ring. Protanks are 19mm.

ugkq.jpg

Seapup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia, USA

Well... you can still stick a 19mm tank on top of a 22mm ring and it will work, it just won't be flush on the sides. If you call IBT, they should be able to change your order if you want. Or you can trade a 19mm for a 22mm tank with me or someone here. I'd keep 'em. I like both sizes.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Thx for the info Seapup and pic darkgear (awesome looking BTW!). I think it looks good like that AND I also know, I will need to buy yet another tank from IBtanked in 22 mm too!

I'm sure I will love these so, I will be making more purchases from them. Not too mention, so many color choices!!! I was torn up on which ones to get! LOLOLOL

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
This was unexpected. Sir Galahad the Knight in polished armor was due to arrive, but he did not come alone. Eek! The new tanks aren't here! The Serenity armor isn't here! I'm short a Loki ring! I don't know how this happened.

f346.jpg

Sir Galahad is pristine! Not a mark on him...until you use a flash. It then becomes obvious he is a complete fingerprint magnet. There isn't a scratch anywhere on him, even held up to a light, but he isn't photogenic.

The Royal Court

c6bs.jpg

Beautiful , devices, love the Black stealth, I have to ask where did you get that great PV stand, love it!!!!!!!

baghandler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Chicago
Whatever was on the link you posted at Iknevape is out of stock again...lol

Must have been an automatic (stale) link, because I just took a peek because at least how I'm seeing things, the 510 Fusions are still available. See if these links work: SR Fusion Punch and LR Fusion Punch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread