I am an authentic buyer, tempted to buy a mech. Yes or No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
Ok of have about 2k in my authentics and because of bad ninja taking his advice on what clone makers to buy from I started buying some clones I will say this bad ninja did a swap with me I traded him a key clone for a brass cb clone and that brass clone hits harder then my authentic CB all the parts from the authentic cb fit in to the clone cb out of all my mods I find myself vaping on the clone cb and clone elite more then anything I have a clone TK on the way so thank you @Bad Ninja from saving me a ton of cash when the clones are just as good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bad Ninja

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
Fun fact I tuck the brass cb clone in to a vape shop thy really liked it dude was going to give me 200$ for it then I told him you really shod know more about MCV before you offer someone that kinda cash for something seeing MCV never made a brass CB this is a clone thy was impressed

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
The only difference I can fond that makes it not 1:1 is smaller insulator on the top
8c687f093321eabb201b05da8117ad66.jpg

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
I use to be authentic only type once upon a time,but then the clones started being better quality then the authentics and everything changed
i did series collecting for awhile,but that was irritating ie my avatar the "mortar"
there are 5 in the series,i had 2,3,4,&5.did everything in the world to get my hands on the "1",even spoke with the modder face to face,close as i ever got to getting it was finding a dark crappy vid on youtube :(

now i'm only after prototypes ,rarity

Last edited:

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I use to be authentic only type once upon a time,but then the clones started being better quality then the authentics and everything changed
i did series collecting for awhile,but that was irritating ie my avatar the "mortar"
there are 5 in the series,i had 2,3,4,&5.did everything in the world to get my hands on the "1",even spoke with the modder face to face,close as i ever got to getting it was finding a dark crappy vid on youtube :(

now i'm only after prototypes ,rarity

Even back when Nemesis mods were all the rage, and everyone was concerned with voltage drop, clones ruled the scene.

Remember when people were all serious about voltage drop?
The copper Nemesis ruled with the lowest Voltage Drop of any mod you could buy.
But .....there wasn't an authentic copper Nemesis.
They were all clones.
;)
Let that sink in.

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
Even back when Nemesis mods were all the rage, and everyone was concerned with voltage drop, clones ruled the scene.

Remember when people were all serious about voltage drop?
The copper Nemesis ruled with the lowest Voltage Drop of any mod you could buy.
But .....there wasn't an authentic copper Nemesis.
They were all clones.
;)
Let that sink in.

Ya I was big one volt drop I have found you can build around any drop really I still see others using the dropped volts in there amp calculation but I never go of that but do add it in when Calculating watts

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
Lol, I bought a bronze Nemesis for $5. Clone made by hcigar since no bronze version of the original. All the beauty of brass but much more durable.

Mine is ss hcigar still working 4 years old don't use much because I now and then get a shock whare to tube splits

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Well many authentics are also hit and miss. Ask any SuperT owners.

As far as the "Materials used" myth, its just that. A myth.

None of the metals used are expensive or cost prohibitive, and China has access to more raw metals than any other country on earth.

Just another myth.

Yes, some authentics are made better than their clones, but making a generalization that are better made would be a mistake.
No myth, example I have the Authentic MCV Elite, el Diablo Abaddon and the Clones. The Copper patinas differently, a lot different. The Authentics also polish up much better and hold the shine much longer. I also have Clones and authentic of the Vaperz Cloud VCP, a lot difference in the quality of material. The same goes for attys, difference between my Authentic Mose, VGod Trick Tank Pro, X1 and the Clones.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Think of close as generic brand grocery items. Some are great, just as good as the name brands, some are okay, but the name brand is better and, some are not worth even a penny for them. Same with cloned hardware. I have some that are just as good as the originals, a few that are okay, but not as good and, have trashed some that weren't worth the time it took to order them, much less the money.
Yep, 99% the Authentic is much better in machining and materials than the Clone. That is the reality, I use Clones to evaluate whether I want to fork out the money for the Authentic. All the while keeping in mind that Clones are sub part in quality, but it will give me the basic general idea.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
No myth, example I have the Authentic MCV Elite, el Diablo Abaddon and the Clones. The Copper patinas differently, a lot different. The Authentics also polish up much better and hold the shine much longer. I also have Clones and authentic of the Vaperz Cloud VCP, a lot difference in the quality of material. The same goes for attys, difference between my Authentic Mose, VGod Trick Tank Pro, X1 and the Clones.

Sorry but no.
Far too many variables for you to make such a general statement without facts to back it up.

Can you actually show me proof of where authentic modders are using different materials?
Exactly which materials and why?

My 22 years running a machine shop says different.
Im not guesing.

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
Sorry but no.
Far too many variables for you to make such a general statement without facts to back it up.

Can you actually show me proof of where authentic modders are using different materials?

Im not guesing.

I bet u cud make some cool tubes haha

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont

My dad was a machinist for 30 years then ran the shop I have asked my dad about this stuff for DoD in fed contracts he was saying the cost of Materials is next to nothing the cost is equipment engineering all that stuff my only guess is this high dollar mods your paying for research and development and clones well your not and thy make up the cost buy mass sales

Reactions: Wheelin247

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
Sorry but no.

Im not guesing.
Purge Mods are using naval brass, clones are using high purity nothingness.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country

If I still had my shop, we could absolutely make a tube mod.
Im retired and past that point.

The materials used to make mods are all inexpensive and soft.
Nothing cost prohibitive at all.
It doesnt really even dull tooling.

Simple threading on soft metal, and a horn switch.

A clean logo would be harder to make than the mod itself..

Dont fall for the "R&D" expense.
It's a flashlight. The basic design is over 100 years old.
And drawing up a logo over pizzas and beer doesn't equate to $100+ per unit added R&D cost.

Reactions: MsLoud

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Purge Mods are using naval brass, clones are using high purity nothingness.

"Naval" brass is a simple alloy and is cheaper than other brass alloys.
It has more zinc so it resists Corrosion.
Its extremely common.
So common it has been used on boats for centuries.

Its not expensive, and most brass mods (Clones too) use this type of brass.

Do the research beyond the advertisement.

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
If I still had my shop, we could absolutely make a tube mod.
Im retired and past that point.

The materials used to make mods are all inexpensive and soft.
Nothing cost prohibitive at all.
It doesnt really even dull tooling.

Simple threading on soft metal, and a horn switch.

A clean logo would be harder to make than the mod itself..

Dont fall for the "R&D" expense.
It's a flashlight. The basic design is over 100 years old.
And drawing up a logo over pizzas and beer doesn't equate to $100+ per unit added R&D cost.

Ya for tube r&d prob not much thy made parts for missiles helicopters aircraft and Space shuttle there R&D was a small fortune

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
"Naval" brass is a simple alloy and is cheaper than other brass alloys.
It has more zinc so it resists Corrosion.
Its extremely common.
So common it has been used on boats for centuries.

Its not expensive, and most brass mods (Clones too) use this type of brass.

Do the research beyond the advertisement.
Yes but high purity nothingness is way more common. :D

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Sorry but no.

Im not guesing.
You know I can't show proof since there's no way one could access where they source their metals unless one work for them. Asking to provide that is just being a hyperbole.

If you've been running a machine shop for 22 years you'd know there are a vast variety of differing quality of material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread