I am so frustrated finding right ecig..PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codyandjakesmom

Apr 8, 2017
I am at my wits end. I'm also going broke trying to find the right ecig. I love the way the joyetech egrip 30w CL (with rba base) vapes but wanted something new bc it leaks alot. I've had all 3 of these recommended (and I bought):
Kanger Nebox
Kanger subox Mini
Ijoy RDTA Mini

They all are too hot. I like to hit it like a cigarette with a long draw in mouth then inhale but all of these are so hot when I take a long mouth hit. These don't smoke like an ecigarette. I've spent almost 300 on new devices that I hate.

Can someone recommend something that's a cool, ecig type device that vapes like a cigarette. Unfortunately You can't test these b4 you buy and I can't afford to keep spending $80-100 to try New ones and not use them.

Thanks for any advice you may have.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Are you using the RBA decks on them and building your own coils or using manufacturer's coils?

If so you may want to target for a higher resistance that will give you the hit your looking for. If you are using the manufacturer's coils, there again look for one with a higher resistance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Quit buying mods.. they are not the problem......

You need a MTL tank... like a nautilus..... it can be mounted on all of the mods you have. Look for a tank that comes with 1 ohm or higher coils........ if you want RBA get a Kayfun. with the KFL I suggest 6 to 8 wraps of 28 awg wire. SS Kanthal or nichrome doesn't matter.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Codyandjakesmom

Apr 8, 2017
Hmmmm so the higher the ohm number the cooler it is? When I first started I used the kind of ecig that was the battery part on bottom with the clearomizer on top and about 3 years ago was introduced to the egrip and loved it. The coils couldn't handle high watts so I switched to rba base and it was amazing bc it was cheaper and no burnt taste. The egrip 30w cl is discontinued so it's getting harder to buy it or premade coils AND the leaking drives me crazy so I've been buying all these new fancy mods. With each one it feels like every time I hit it, I'm afraid it's going to burn my mouth. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say this but all these new box mod styles seem like you have to hit them like a .... and that's not what I like. I used to smoke cigarettes years ago so I like something that hits the same way.

I have sold every mod I bought on eBay to recoup a little of the cost, so I'm back to the Egrip. Since I'm starting over what do you recommend that will give me the type vape I'm looking for?

Thank you everyone for taking the time to help me. Its so cool I get great feedback every time I ask a question.

Reactions: David Wolf

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Hmmmm so the higher the ohm number the cooler it is? When I first started I used the kind of ecig that was the battery part on bottom with the clearomizer on top and about 3 years ago was introduced to the egrip and loved it. The coils couldn't handle high watts so I switched to rba base and it was amazing bc it was cheaper and no burnt taste. The egrip 30w cl is discontinued so it's getting harder to buy it or premade coils AND the leaking drives me crazy so I've been buying all these new fancy mods. With each one it feels like every time I hit it, I'm afraid it's going to burn my mouth. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say this but all these new box mod styles seem like you have to hit them like a .... and that's not what I like. I used to smoke cigarettes years ago so I like something that hits the same way.

I have sold every mod I bought on eBay to recoup a little of the cost, so I'm back to the Egrip. Since I'm starting over what do you recommend that will give me the type vape I'm looking for?

Thank you everyone for taking the time to help me. Its so cool I get great feedback every time I ask a question.
generally yes higher ohms at same voltage will give a cooler vape. But higher ohms can be made hot by overdriving them.. make sense?
And low ohms can be cool by under driving them.

For example, joyetech ornate tripel head coil rated 70-260 watts.. a 0.2 ohm coil.

70 watts is useless cold, like a fridge.
120 is just almost luke warm.
140 is luke, perfect vape.

180 and up is HOT and even at 200 i got some pulls that were not burnt, but dang it was HOT.. so it depends what volts you are feeding into the coil.

So an aspire 1.8 coil, if you put it at 14 watts, it will work in most cases but be a warm vape.
where i have it at 11.6, it is a perfect compromise.

Reactions: David Wolf

cybercat

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2014
Greeneville, Tn ,USA
Quit buying mods.. they are not the problem......

You need a MTL tank... like a nautilus..... it can be mounted on all of the mods you have. Look for a tank that comes with 1 ohm or higher coils........ if you want RBA get a Kayfun. with the KFL I suggest 6 to 8 wraps of 28 awg wire. SS Kanthal or nichrome doesn't matter.

I will second this. I use a Nautilus type tank ad it works great for long draws. Set at 1.6 ohm works perfect 8.1 w and 3.6v for my juice I am doing now.

Reactions: Vesh

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
They all are too hot..

You have a choice of coils.....I like a VERY cool vape, so was using the joyetech AIO with the 1.5ohm coils. Not hot at all like the 0.6 or 1.0 ohm coils.

See if you can keep your hardware and just buy higher ohm coils.

I like nice relaxing cool vape, hate hot spitting ones that crackle n' pop. ugh

Reactions: Opinionated

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
My wife uses 1.6ohm BVC heads at 5v almost 15watts in her Nautilus.

she mustn't be able to detect burnt juice or is doing it to taste like a burning flavour ie cig, on purpose. The 1.6 are AWFUL at 5 volts. Shocking. I can guarantee you she is harming herself too, almost negating the health benefits of vaping, as she is vaping at levels that will cause toxin release.

11 watts is the absolute *peak* that the 1.6 coils can handle, and not with thick juice at that level either.

Reactions: Opinionated

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
she mustn't be able to detect burnt juice or is doing it to taste like a burning flavour ie cig, on purpose. The 1.6 are AWFUL at 5 volts. Shocking. I can guarantee you she is harming herself too, almost negating the health benefits of vaping, as she is vaping at levels that will cause toxin release.

11 watts is the absolute *peak* that the 1.6 coils can handle, and not with thick juice at that level either.
Well her Istick is set for VV regulation at 4.8-5 volts....whatever that wattage is. she hasn't burnt a wick in 1 year of vaping this way. And she runs 60 to 70% PG juice. But understand she only uses about 3ml juice per week. As she still smokes.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Well her Istick is set for VV regulation at 4.8-5 volts....whatever that wattage is. she hasn't burnt a wick in 1 year of vaping this way. And she runs 60 to 70% PG juice. But understand she only uses about 3ml juice per week. As she still smokes.

Unless that istick is under powering, that high a voltage really would burn the heck out of her juice...

I have a provari which can be adjusted according to volts, and running the Kabuki with the Nautilus coils, I can't run it more than 3.8 - 4.2 volts without getting a hot vape and burning the juice...

Try tasting her vape at the settings she has it set at.. see if it seems way too hot and/or burnt.. then turn down the settings and try a new coil with new juice and see if it doesn't taste better to you.

If she's burning her juice it might be why she is still smoking..God knows no one could stand vaping at those settings long!

I set my husband's up at the correct settings for his coil, and he never messed with it.(to the point he didn't realize for a long time that the wattage settings could be changed..). perhaps you should try the same with your wife.. set hers correctly, then have her just leave it be.

Last edited:
Reactions: kross8

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I am at my wits end. I'm also going broke trying to find the right ecig. I love the way the joyetech egrip 30w CL (with RBA base) vapes but wanted something new bc it leaks alot. I've had all 3 of these recommended (and I bought):
Kanger Nebox
Kanger Subox Mini
Ijoy RDTA Mini

They all are too hot. I like to hit it like a cigarette with a long draw in mouth then inhale but all of these are so hot when I take a long mouth hit. These don't smoke like an ecigarette. I've spent almost 300 on new devices that I hate.

Can someone recommend something that's a cool, ecig type device that vapes like a cigarette. Unfortunately You can't test these b4 you buy and I can't afford to keep spending $80-100 to try New ones and not use them.

Thanks for any advice you may have.

Since you like your egrip have you tried just fixing the leaking issues?

Going by what I've read on this issue, first, make sure the silicone cap is on your coil, and you have your seal rings in place..

Then you also need to make sure the rubber cap on the two little holes behind the side door is long enough. Some people who are having leaking issues are adding something extra right under the cap to force that rubber further in over those holes.

Those two things should solve your leaking problems..

Reactions: Cosmic_Glaze

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

She's probably taking short 1 and 2 second hits in the iStick at 15W. Steam Engine says 1.6 ohms at 4.8v is 14.4 watts. The ramp time of the coil is keeping things cooler if that's what she's doing.

If you try it and take a 4 second hit it will probably go from warm to hot really quick.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcclintock

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
She's probably taking short 1 and 2 second hits in the iStick at 15W. Steam Engine says 1.6 ohms at 4.8v is 14.4 watts. The ramp time of the coil is keeping things cooler if that's what she's doing.

If you try it and take a 4 second hit it will probably go from warm to hot really quick.
I said SHE has not burned coils...... I service her vape.... I have burned a few..... yeah she takes little puffs...... but if the wick is flowing good they do ok. She is maxing the tank out..IMO.. but I can't find anything else yet with a draw feel she likes.

Reactions: Cosmic_Glaze

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
generally yes higher ohms at same voltage will give a cooler vape. But higher ohms can be made hot by overdriving them.. make sense?
And low ohms can be cool by under driving them.

For example, joyetech ornate tripel head coil rated 70-260 watts.. a 0.2 ohm coil.

70 watts is useless cold, like a fridge.
120 is just almost luke warm.
140 is luke, perfect vape.

180 and up is HOT and even at 200 i got some pulls that were not burnt, but dang it was HOT.. so it depends what volts you are feeding into the coil.

So an aspire 1.8 coil, if you put it at 14 watts, it will work in most cases but be a warm vape.
where i have it at 11.6, it is a perfect compromise.
I vaped my Natulus Minis on a tight air flow at 8W for years a great reliable atty :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread