I broke my one & only REO!!!....Rob is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
Sooooo...my Black Wrinkle LP Grand, with SL tumbled door, hasn't been firing properly lately. I keep it pretty clean, and I noticed the 510 was loose. I'm a tool guy, and I like to take things apart. In the process of trying to disassemble my REO, I broke the positive contact!!
I've been wanting a second REO for this very purpose, and well, just because!!
So, I PM Rob yesterday to inquire about a new REO, in a body/door combo not on his site. He replies within a couple hours with a "yes" response. I ask to place the order, and explain that I'm reduced to a tube mod for the time being! I get the invoice this morning, I paid as soon as I got it, and with a couple hours, I see it's already being shipped to me!!!
Once I get the new Grand, I'll be sending my current one to Hospital REO for repairs, and, the 510 upgrade while she's there.

You rock Rob!! Thanks so much.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
When the problem with the reverse threaded set screw arose, he was on it in a heartbeat, no argument, no excuses, he just found the problem and remedied it. He fixed mine and had it back out to me the same day that it arrived in Maine - during the big snow. I was impressed.

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
That's why it's always smart to have 2 of anything no matter what.
I know I know, backups for your backups, right?! I had been putting off getting a second REO in hopes I could sell my Saber Touch & ProVari first, look where that got me!!

2 is 1 and 1 is none. If it makes you feel better I did the exact same thing except I flat out lost my Reo so I didn't even have a repairable device to send in.
No way, that doesn't make me feel even the least bit better, sorry to hear that!

Jup, the Modfather is awesome!!! Can't wait to see pics of your new precious!
I can't wait to take the pics!

Congrats on the new mod with the new 510 connection you will never be down again . It can be fixed in minutes very easily compared to the old setups . Replacing a spring and the positive contact is all one would ever need to do .
Thanks again Rob. Having to use may backup mod has given me that much more appreciation for the REO (not that I needed that!)!

Rob probably felt sorry for you suckin on a tube mod and trying to count the drops you've dripped.:cry:
Haha I'll admit, I was kinda hoping for that by telling him about it!!

I know I felt that way!
Thanks, I instantly saw the benefits of the REO when I started using one, but having to go back to dripping REALLY shows me how much of a PITA it actually is!! This carrying around of bottles is ridiculous!

USPS says tomorrow. Think I'll go home for lunch and stalk the mailman!

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
Operation mailman stalk completed!
bc7b50c958966f436cf280191bf3ec24.jpg

Ain't she purdy?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
It looks really nice! Congrats on #2. My Reo #2 should be delivered today too from a trip to the spa :)

Sent using Tapatalk
Thank you! My #1 was just sent to Spa REO today for repairs.
I'm hoping the Woodvil sale will spawn #3!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread