Status
Not open for further replies.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
The past two days I am having trouble tasting my juice. It was fine before that. The first couple of puffs are fine then the taste changes gradually to nothing at all. So then I change to a different flavor, first it's good, then it gradually changes to nothing. What in the world is going on?

harleydiva

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2012
Southern Michigan
The past two days I am having trouble tasting my juice. It was fine before that. The first couple of puffs are fine then the taste changes gradually to nothing at all. So then I change to a different flavor, first it's good, then it gradually changes to nothing. What in the world is going on?

When I started vaping, I had the same thing happen about a couple of weeks after quitting the analogs. I refer to it as "mud mouth". It lasted several days, then went away. It still happens occasionally, but for short periods...or sometimes at night if I haved vaped a bunch during the day. Consuming lots of liquids seems to help.

It will pass.....but it is frustrating.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Sometimes people will change to a strong menthol or similar, just to get flavor during those times. Others will vape some less-liked eliquid.

I've also seen people mention rinsing with Biotene in the past -- I never bothered.

Keep drinking lots of water. The key is knowing that it is common, and does pass, gets less frequent with time (I haven't had a day like that in a long time now :) )

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
More than a couple days, I'd consider trying a bit of biotene. The other thing I've heard is some people use a tongue cleaner or tongue brush. Basically your taste buds are on revolt. (There are also allergy/sinus things -- much of taste is scent. I have allergies pop up periodically, pollen, where everything tapers off for a bit.)

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010

Ratchet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm at that point today, for the first time. I can't taste my juices, all I'm getting is the sweetness but not the actual flavor. I tried something new today in hopes it will fix itself. I loaded up a carto with unflavored juice! Actually, it tastes pretty good, kinda fresh and clean. I'm using 24 mg PG 75/VG 25 Mix from Myfreedomsmoke and I'm liking it! (Much to my surprise!) Never tried to vape unflavored before, had no idea how that would taste but it's actually good. I think I'll stick with that for the day and hope I have a more flavorful day tomorrow. May load up a tank with unflavored.... :)

potholerepairman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
Wow, that is wild (but yes, documented, multiple reports)

I was only looking up why when I used that product that went in liquid form produced a solid blue paste coming out and came upon that fact.The op please forgive me for this and know that vaping and vaping knowledge is the reason I am here.

Last edited:

spookyelectric

May 30, 2012
Texas
Part of it might be your body having gotten used to (and bored with) the taste? I am vaping vanilla lately and the first set of drags is very tasty but it loses its flavor pretty quickly. Maybe some flavors are extra volatile? I saw some green tea liquid at the PV kiosk and I was intrigued, but it seemed to have very little flavor when the guy let me try it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread