I caught a cold, and didnt have to vape, or smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppa D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2010
Minnesota, USA
The title says it all.

I caught a cold and it hit me hard yesterday. In bed, under the covers, heaving chest, miserable. For 2 months I've been vaping and not smoking at all. I didn't care for a moment that I wasn't using my PV, other than being seriously miserable, I survived just fine.

I've had a feeling that it would be easier to not vape, rather than not smoke.

Poppa D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Yes it is.

Getting over that hump, that lasted a couple of weeks, I had the notion I'd really quit, woohoo. Now I'm hopeful that if I need to, or want to, I will be able to stop nicotine with a lot less traumatic side effects than tobacco. And laying here in my sick bed I could ignore the "habit" so much easier than I ever could have with tobacco. I would have gotten out of bed and crawled for a cigarette, no matter how I felt, or how the cigarette would have made me feel worse, just because.

Darkwitless

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2010
KY
Poppa: your story is exactly what I've been wondering!

I normally get at least one killer sinus infection a year - and have had to smoke at least a couple of puffs no matter how vile tasting or painful it was. I've been wondering if I could "pass" on the vape if/when I get sick! So glad to hear from someone who could!

Hope you feel better soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread