Status
Not open for further replies.

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
So......when I was starting out with vaping exclusively last fall, I started with an Ego with a CE4 that came with it. Because of the CE4, I almost didn't think e-cigs were the answer for me. Then I got a ProTank and everything was ok. :) That CE4 was horrible! It ruined my whole vaping experience.

So...ever since then, I have been superbly gun shy about top coil clearos. Then, on Sunday, I took my father in law to the local B&M. I wanted to buy him a starter set up as his father's day gift. We had a really good time.

Thanks to the advice of a fellow ECF member, I got him a couple of IClear 16's. I wanted to get him something top coil because when I let him use one of my old Ego's with an EVOD on top, he flooded the battery each time because he pulls so hard on the darn thing.

I tried out the IClear 16's for myself and I think I really like them!

I was going to head over to discountvapers and get a couple, but just wanted to know what other users thought of their overall performance compared to ProTank mini's.

Do you typically get more flavor with them? I know it's a warmer vape. How long to coil heads tend to last before gunking up? The replacements cost a bit more than kanger heads.

I have experience with the IClear 30 since it came with my MVP, but I only use it occasionally and it's dedicated to one single juice.

Looking for thoughts and comments. Thanks!

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
I like the iClear16 & 30's as they are top coils, and I've always preferred top coils. The iClear are dual coils so they tend to use a lot of eliquid, and shine at a bit higher voltage than a single coil of the same resistance.

I find that cutting the wicks much shorter that the standard length they come with improves the wicking, no dry hits. The eliquid can saturate the coil easier, and that's where it does the most good.

stvan1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2014
Grand Rapids MI USA
I think the 16s draw is a little too tight for my taste and use pro tank 2 and 3 minis, and a couple boge 15s on an ego and itaste vv. The 30 is a little tight too but like you the only one I have is always filled with some banana nut bread juice. Seems to me the flavor is better on the top coils and the draw easier on the minis, so it's a matter of personal taste as usual. Tell him to draw slower and longer with the 16s for great flavor. Works for me anyway.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread