I dispise Voopoo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Won’t comment on Voopoo cause we do not know the facts behind what ever endorsement agreement was made. However, I do have a serious problem with Ben Phillips prank portraying that it is safe to vape liquid helium. First it is impossible to vape liquid helium, so the prank is a hoax. However, portraying that it is possible, how many will he influence into thinking that this is safe to do? Liquid helium can be very dangerous if handled incorrectly. I agree that someone would be challenged in obtaining liquid helium, which I am sure you can’t pickup at your local 7/11, but he is demonstrating something that could be extremely dangerous is safe, and even comical.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Frankly I doubt Voopoo has done the vaping world that much harm I sort of doubt that the FDA even really has them on their radar as that "poo" company. I mean better THEY advertise there than Juul, TBH. Not that Juul would, ah, make that mistake probably.

It's the general cluelessness that bothers me honestly. I'm like, if you can't market, if you can't figure out a target demographic if your missives to a site literally MAKE NO SENSE (and they don't) I am not going to buy your mods. Because, no matter how "great" it may be, I am going to look at it... and think about it's marketing, and if the inside of the mod is like that.

Seriously, I wouldn't sleep at night, I'd be worried my mod would be replicating itself out of my other mods and then taking over the universe or something. You know, like the replicators. You can't trust them even though at first they look neat.

Marketing matters just as much as products if you ask me. There needs to be a "sane" and "culturally fluent" person in charge, dealing with the American market, and I am talking about a name change (for the adults) and also for all the past horrors and a pledge to do better.

I don't own a Voopoo Drag for a lot of reasons and a lot of the above is part of that choice. I go, "It's cute and works well." Then I go, "Voopoo". I can do far, far better with MANY Chinese companies who respect the USA market enough to represent it in a culturally appropriate fashion.

The lack of marketing is insulting really when you consider the ramifications. Do consider them, because they do matter more and more.

Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Won’t comment on Voopoo cause we do not know the facts behind what ever endorsement agreement was made. However, I do have a serious problem with Ben Phillips prank portraying that it is safe to vape liquid helium. First it is impossible to vape liquid helium, so the prank is a hoax. However, portraying that it is possible, how many will he influence into thinking that this is safe to do? Liquid helium can be very dangerous if handled incorrectly. I agree that someone would be challenged in obtaining liquid helium, which I am sure you can’t pickup at your local 7/11, but he is demonstrating something that could be extremely dangerous is safe, and even comical.
He did WHAT?! That’s moronic! I guess the bright side is that liquid helium is so cold and so very very hard to make that it’s simply not going to be a problem. It’s the sort of thing that would take gigantic advanced equipment to make microscopic amounts that last for mere seconds. If they can even do that yet. There may be some other chemical that performs in some similar ways and is actually handelable. I don’t know. I doubt very much that such a thing would be good for you though.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: inappropriate posts excessive ridiculing

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
He did WHAT?! That’s moronic! I guess the bright side is that liquid helium is so cold and so very very hard to make that it’s simply not going to be a problem. It’s the sort of thing that would take gigantic advanced equipment to make microscopic amounts that last for mere seconds. If they can even do that yet. There may be some other chemical that performs in some similar ways and is actually handelable. I don’t know. I doubt very much that such a thing would be good for you though.

I agree. But it’s more than just being able to process or acquire liquid helium, which I agree would be difficult (at least processing it). They are promoting a prank using a vape product which anything outside using an awful tasting juice could have adverse effects.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I agree. But it’s more than just being able to process or acquire liquid helium, which I agree would be difficult (at least processing it). They are promoting a prank using a vape product which anything outside using an awful tasting juice could have adverse effects.
I think we are in agreement that the whole thing was stupid on just about every level possible

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I think we are in agreement that the whole thing was stupid on just about every level possible

Just performed a search on Ben Phillips YT page for “Vape”. Apparently this is not the first prank. Going back years, he’s pranked his brothers vape before using chili sauce and liquid laughing gas as a e-juice replacement. They are obvious hoaxes, you can tell they are acting. There maybe more, I can't be bothered to search. This guy is a f’n muppet and needs his YT channel locked!

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Just performed a search on Ben Phillips YT page for “Vape”. Apparently this is not the first prank. Going back years, he’s pranked his brothers vape before using chili sauce and liquid laughing gas as a e-juice replacement. They are obvious hoaxes, you can tell they are acting. There maybe more, I can't be bothered to search. This guy is a f’n muppet and needs his YT channel locked!
Well that’s an unusual type of muppet. They don’t normally have those on Sesame Street.

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
I don't own a Voopoo Drag... I can do far, far better with MANY Chinese companies who respect the USA market enough to represent it in a culturally appropriate fashion.
Personally, I was surprised there weren't nationwide protests at colleges against VooPoo's "hate speech" towards the LGBTWTFBBQ+ community when they named their mod "Drag". So transphobic and like totally non-inclusive-uuuuuh, no?

To be fair, my tolerance used to be a lot higher.
So that's how it is. You've become one of those grumpy folks, yelling "Turn that down! That's not music!" at your neighbours' kids ^^

Last edited:

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Nog9xVZ.jpg

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm so dang old, I never once connected the LGBT community to the word "Drag."

I WILL admit the current crop some of them, sort of think it's hate speech. I think of Pricilla Queen of the Desert and how many times my mom made us watch it (she loves Drag in general and also grew up in Broken HIll) so it's a double WIN.

There was this ONE Christmas we were all watching it eyes closed and earplugs in, it was that bad.

But when I hear "Drag" I think of the Fast and the Furious movies and it makes me happy.

Still not buying one though.

Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Personally, I was surprised there weren't nationwide protests at colleges against VooPoo's "hate speech" towards the LGBTWTFBBQ+ community when they named their mod "Drag". So transphobic and like totally non-inclusive-uuuuuh, no?

So that's how it is. You've become one of those grumpy folks, yelling "Turn that down! That's not music!" at your neighbours' kids ^^
I wasn’t gay people aren’t necessarily stupid. They know that the term has several meanings. Protests very very rarely happen for idiotic reasons like that. And generally when they do there’s something else actually behind it.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

I WILL admit the current crop some of them, sort of think it's hate speech. I think of Pricilla Queen of the Desert and how many times my mom made us watch it (she loves Drag in general and also grew up in Broken HIll) so it's a double WIN.

There was this ONE Christmas we were all watching it eyes closed and earplugs in, it was that bad.

But when I hear "Drag" I think of the Fast and the Furious movies and it makes me happy.

Anna
I like the film personally. The remake with Patrick swayzee(sp?) was truly awful though.

Reactions: stols001

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl

Anna
I thought the meaning, drag, in terms of this mod, was like a cigarette drag.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: Zazie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread