I don't remember getting high on nicotine when I smoked normal cigarettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2013
Lafayette, IN, USA
:shock:

All I can vape is 24 mg!

* anything 'lower' and I jones... :lol:

Good for all of you who vape at lower mg's and can deal with it.... :thumbs:

I had that issue with less efficient delivery systems, such as protanks. With My RBA's/RDA's, I'm getting too much from 24mg. Gonna have to drop to 18 on my next order.

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
I notice on manual electronic cigarettes 2-3 seconds works fine, but on automatic versions 3-5 seconds seems to work better.

The weird thing for me is the guide suggest 'several seconds' drawing. I get a very harsh TH if I inhale from that. Assuming you exhale some of it first, you wouldn't need to draw that long? I am still curious if it's true that you have to draw for x amount of seconds on an e cig to get any kind of nicotine delivery.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Yes, I am going to have to go down to 18mg liquid. My excuse is I am new to vaping after smoking 20+ a day and 24mg was recommended to me I was told go high to start with to stay off the cigs.

It depends on what kind of cigs you were smoking.

I rarely recommend 24mg to anyone, based on my own experience with that, as well as at least 10 new vapers I introduced vaping to. Basically, they either got woozy, sick, nauseous, but for me it was anxiety, a feeling of restlessness, and feeling very imbalanced in general.

If i do recommend 24, I always say get some 12mg in SAME flavor, cuz if you mix up a little ejuice, say 3ml, same amounts of 24mg + 12mg you get 18mg.

If this works, then you now have some 18mg to vape. BUT---if your "sample" of 18mg proves too much, now you have some 12mg juice to vape, without starting all over again. :)

I truly believe that the WORST thing you can do to a new vaper is to over-nic them, because in essence, that is poisoning them. ! Much better to err on the lesser side, and have it turn out they need a little higher nic, which is easily solvable.

Last edited:

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
I read on one of the tutorials here that short puffs don't give you any nicotine. You need to slow draw for three seconds to get nicotine. Is that true? I wondered actually if that was written for old devices.
negative ghost rider, if you get the vapor you are getting the nicotine...unlike analogs the mucous membranes of your mouth and tongue absorb the nicotine, this is why its not needed to lung inhale with an personal vaper...actually short puffs like a pipe or starting a 1/2 lit analog gives the best flavor..

For me, I do a combination but I like lung hit vaping

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/337017-inhalation-technique-e-cigarette.html

Last edited:

DrBeaker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2013
Lab City USA
www.mothersmilkwta.com
DO NOT DO THIS! I vape 40mg/ml to 50mg/ml day in and day out. Cant even think of vaping 36mg/ml I would jones for sure.
I make e juice for friends and family from zero nic to 24mg/ml no one I know can or does vape at as high nic level as I do. Dont try it! Stay as low as you can to keep from going back to the stinkies.

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
It depends on what kind of cigs you were smoking.

I rarely recommend 24mg to anyone, based on my own experience with that, as well as at least 10 new vapers I introduced vaping to. Basically, they either got woozy, sick, nauseous, but for me it was anxiety, a feeling of restlessness, and feeling very imbalanced in general.

If i do recommend 24, I always say get some 12mg in SAME flavor, cuz if you mix up a little ejuice, say 3ml, same amounts of 24mg + 12mg you get 18mg.

If this works, then you now have some 18mg to vape. BUT---if your "sample" of 18mg proves too much, now you have some 12mg juice to vape, without starting all over again. :)

Yep that's what I'm doing. I'm ordering 12ml bottles of the 24 that I actually like a lot and mixing down to 18 though with these stupid nozzles it's not always easy to see how much you're pouring in especially with Kanseng (probably wrong name) where you put the damn stuff in with drops.

negative ghost rider, if you get the vapor you are getting the nicotine...unlike analogs the mucous membranes of your mouth and tongue absorb the nicotine, this is why its not needed to lung inhale with an personal vaper...actually short puffs like a pipe or starting a 1/2 lit analog gives the best flavor..

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/337017-inhalation-technique-e-cigarette.html

This what the guide says....

3. The vapor is drawn very slowly and gently into the mouth (not the lungs). A hard pull, as is normal with a cigarette, cannot be used since:
a. The heater coil doesn't work properly unless air is drawn across it gently for several seconds. There won't be any nicotine in the vapor if a short hard pull is used.

He/she seems to be saying you must draw for several seconds or there will be no nicotine in the vapour so short puffs are pretty much pointless unless you just want the flavour.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Yep that's what I'm doing. I'm ordering 12ml bottles of the 24 that I actually like a lot and mixing down to 18 though with these stupid nozzles it's not always easy to see how much you're pouring in especially with Kanseng (probably wrong name) where you put the damn stuff in with drops.

What are you using to measure out the liquids? Make sure to shake each bottle well before mixing them. :)

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
What are you using to measure out the liquids? Make sure to shake each bottle well before mixing them. :)

Measure them out? What is this strange practice you speak of? Pour some in, is this about half? Yeah probably. Pour some more in of the other one. Such are the advanced scientific methods I deploy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread