I don't understand the concept of tips/drip tips....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loveridden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
Schaumburg, IL
Are these usable on the ends of cartomizers? I use a kr808d-1 auto batt with a cartomizer, also recently got a auto 510 batt that i am using with cartomizers...

I just don't understand the concept, can someone explain to me simply, is this something I can use to test out juices in a less wasteful way? I'm a bit of a newbie so there still is so much I don't know...

Thank you!

aziffel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2010
nc
Are these usable on the ends of cartomizers? I use a kr808d-1 auto batt with a cartomizer, also recently got a auto 510 batt that i am using with cartomizers...

I just don't understand the concept, can someone explain to me simply, is this something I can use to test out juices in a less wasteful way? I'm a bit of a newbie so there still is so much I don't know...

Thank you!

Yes a 510 driptip will fit most 808 cartos and some folks use them as a mouthpiece only,some fill the cartos with the tip on
The driptip is mainly for use on an atomiser so you can drip e-liquid directly on the atomser instead of messing with the annoying cartridge and topping it off almost as often as dripping

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
Edit: Forget dripping in an atty, I see you have automatic batteries.

If you find yourself constantly refilling your cartomizers a drip tip saves the trouble of taking that white cap off every time. Some people also prefer the feel of the drip tips (there are many types) to a carto end in their mouths.

If you want to try some, check out GoodProphets.com. They sell drip tips for $1. If you get a 808-510 adapter you can also use a 510 atty on the 808 batteries. Also $1.

If you want to be less wasteful testing juices you could get a 510 atty and a 510 drip tip for a manual 510 batt and drip only a few drops at a time to test flavors. Dripping is great for sampling even if you prefer cartomizers. Better to get a manual KR808 passthru, a 808-510 adapter, 510 atomizer, and a 510 drip tip and do some 5V dripping. Fantastic for taste testing eliquids.

Last edited:

Loveridden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
Schaumburg, IL
Thanks everyone!! This gives me some things to think about for the future.

I don't think I need a tip at the end of my cartomizer, I don't have to constantly fill, and when I do, I use the condom method, instead of prying off the end everytime. But I may want to get a manual and atty in the future for juice testing, it's something to consider, thanks!!

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Hi there. I was skeptical about this too at first. I use cartos with a kr808 that I got from vapor for life.

Anyhow, here some advantages:

1. bigger hole in the drip tip which allows more vapor to come through and consequently you dont have to take as deep a hit
2. easier to refill quickly, no messing with the little white cap
3. looks stylish if you get the right kind, mine's aluminum and like silverish colored, it looks cooler
4. it will feel better in your mouth than the sometimes rougher edges to the carto itself
5. you can color code your cartos by getting different drip tips...so if you are refilling your own blanks you'll know whats in them

I think you should at least try one. The cost is pretty minimal if you go with rubber ones. I got that aluminum ones for about 3.50 each.

bunniee

May 18, 2011
Austin, TX
I use them with cartos cause they can get hot and with a driptip it doesn't get as hot on your lips, besides the fact it's easy to pop off the drip tip to fill, you don't need a tool to take the white cap off.

This is exactly why I use a drip tip with cartos. They get too hot with just the rubber cap and it is so much easier to fill, either directly through the drip tip or popping it off to fill the carto. Plus the drip tips come in neat colors!

bunniee

May 18, 2011
Austin, TX
Could someone post a pic of drip tip on a cartomizer? Wouldn't that make the e-cig long and clumsy? How does a DT fit on a carto instead of a cart? As you can see, I'm not afraid to look stupid. : )

Here ya go, not the greatest pic but maybe it will give you an idea of how it works. :)

DSE901.jpg

El-ahrairah

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
Chesterfield, MI
I use a drip tip on my cartos because I like the way it feels on my lips and the heat from the carto doesn't transfer over to the drip tip very well so it stays cool. The added length (I use a longer drip tip) also allows the vapor to cool a bit before I inhale it, making it smoother.

I'm not really worried about how much length it will put on my PV. I'm using a provari with extension cap, dual coil carto and a regular old swirl drip tip, so my setup is rather beastlike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread