The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

I don't understand the concept of tips/drip tips....

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by Loveridden, Jul 21, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Loveridden

Loveridden Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 20, 2011
    Schaumburg, IL
    Are these usable on the ends of cartomizers? I use a kr808d-1 auto batt with a cartomizer, also recently got a auto 510 batt that i am using with cartomizers...

I just don't understand the concept, can someone explain to me simply, is this something I can use to test out juices in a less wasteful way? I'm a bit of a newbie so there still is so much I don't know...

Thank you!

2. MissEerie

MissEerie Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 29, 2011
    San Bernardino
    It goes on the end of an atty. I drip to test flavors, some just drip to drip. Its nice when your at home just chillin. I use cartos on the go.

3. demon72

demon72 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    california
    Yes you could but it on the end of a carto too... for easy refilling.....a drip tip is pretty much the same concept as a cart, but with a bigger hole in it to drip juice in through.

4. Loveridden

Jun 20, 2011
    Schaumburg, IL
    Is there any point in using it with a cartomizer tho really?

5. MissEerie

MissEerie Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 29, 2011
    San Bernardino
    I dont really think so

6. Loveridden

Jun 20, 2011
    Schaumburg, IL
    Ok, ty all for ur replies :) Seems like it's something u use with a 3 part e cig or something I guess! I'm not there yet lol

7. aziffel

aziffel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2010
    nc
    Yes a 510 driptip will fit most 808 cartos and some folks use them as a mouthpiece only,some fill the cartos with the tip on
    The driptip is mainly for use on an atomiser so you can drip e-liquid directly on the atomser instead of messing with the annoying cartridge and topping it off almost as often as dripping

8. demon72

demon72 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    california
    Not really.... unless you like to top off your carto frequently... then its easy as you dont have to pop out the rubber stoper all the time.

9. juicejunky

juicejunky Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2011
    gone
    Edit: Forget dripping in an atty, I see you have automatic batteries.

If you find yourself constantly refilling your cartomizers a drip tip saves the trouble of taking that white cap off every time. Some people also prefer the feel of the drip tips (there are many types) to a carto end in their mouths.

If you want to try some, check out GoodProphets.com. They sell drip tips for $1. If you get a 808-510 adapter you can also use a 510 atty on the 808 batteries. Also $1.

If you want to be less wasteful testing juices you could get a 510 atty and a 510 drip tip for a manual 510 batt and drip only a few drops at a time to test flavors. Dripping is great for sampling even if you prefer cartomizers. Better to get a manual KR808 passthru, a 808-510 adapter, 510 atomizer, and a 510 drip tip and do some 5V dripping. Fantastic for taste testing eliquids.

10. Loveridden

Jun 20, 2011
    Schaumburg, IL
    Thanks everyone!! This gives me some things to think about for the future.

I don't think I need a tip at the end of my cartomizer, I don't have to constantly fill, and when I do, I use the condom method, instead of prying off the end everytime. But I may want to get a manual and atty in the future for juice testing, it's something to consider, thanks!!

11. the_vape_nerd

the_vape_nerd Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 20, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    Hi there. I was skeptical about this too at first. I use cartos with a kr808 that I got from vapor for life.

Anyhow, here some advantages:

1. bigger hole in the drip tip which allows more vapor to come through and consequently you dont have to take as deep a hit
    2. easier to refill quickly, no messing with the little white cap
    3. looks stylish if you get the right kind, mine's aluminum and like silverish colored, it looks cooler
    4. it will feel better in your mouth than the sometimes rougher edges to the carto itself
    5. you can color code your cartos by getting different drip tips...so if you are refilling your own blanks you'll know whats in them

I think you should at least try one. The cost is pretty minimal if you go with rubber ones. I got that aluminum ones for about 3.50 each.

12. LeAnn

LeAnn Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I use them with cartos cause they can get hot and with a driptip it doesn't get as hot on your lips, besides the fact it's easy to pop off the drip tip to fill, you don't need a tool to take the white cap off.

13. ConnieBGood

ConnieBGood Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    MO
    Could someone post a pic of drip tip on a cartomizer? Wouldn't that make the e-cig long and clumsy? How does a DT fit on a carto instead of a cart? As you can see, I'm not afraid to look stupid. : )

14. bunniee

bunniee Full Member

May 18, 2011
    Austin, TX
    This is exactly why I use a drip tip with cartos. They get too hot with just the rubber cap and it is so much easier to fill, either directly through the drip tip or popping it off to fill the carto. Plus the drip tips come in neat colors!

15. bunniee

bunniee Full Member

May 18, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Here ya go, not the greatest pic but maybe it will give you an idea of how it works. :)

[​IMG]

16. ConnieBGood

ConnieBGood Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    MO
    Thanks! How do you keep from dripping into little tube if you drip with tip on? Any probs with DT coming off or leaking when not in use? By the way it looks pretty good in pic.

17. rainkeltoia

rainkeltoia Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 7, 2011
    Maine
    I adore my drip tip on my carto. I really dislike the round hard tips on carts and cartos, I fell in love with whistletips for the eGo-T system, and I got some tips for my carts and its just wonderful. It just isn't as uncomfortable for me.

18. sbphotog

sbphotog Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2009
    O-H-I-O
    I use drip tips on my cartos because I like the contours of the designs. they fit comfortably between the lips. I still take them off to refill my cartos.

19. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Chesterfield, MI
    I use a drip tip on my cartos because I like the way it feels on my lips and the heat from the carto doesn't transfer over to the drip tip very well so it stays cool. The added length (I use a longer drip tip) also allows the vapor to cool a bit before I inhale it, making it smoother.

I'm not really worried about how much length it will put on my PV. I'm using a provari with extension cap, dual coil carto and a regular old swirl drip tip, so my setup is rather beastlike

20. rainkeltoia

rainkeltoia Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 7, 2011
    Maine
    random comment, El-ahrairah is your name a reference ot watership down or am I grasping here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.