I don't understand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgregory620

Sep 16, 2012
KY
So I just started vaping TODAY (Hooray) anyway I got this free trial something starter kit. It's really odd because the brand just says e-cig and the battery just has a silver flame on it (if that tells anyone anything) I got it this morning and fell in love. It was wonderful and I had not had an actual cig ALL DAY and just now it quit working? The battery is charged and lights up when I enhale, I put a fresh cartomizer on, afraid that I had used the other up, and nothing is coming out?? I just don't know what could be wrong and I am very upset. I have a kit from V2 on the way but it probably won't be here for a week. Any ideas?

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
pa
Sometimes the battery post can get pushed down and doesn't make contact with the cartomizer. If you unscrew the cartomizer and look straight on to battery you'll see the center post has a tiny rubber ring around it - the post sort of floats - take a paper clip and gently wiggle it up a bit. Just don't get carried away and pull it out. Just wiggle up a bit and try it.
Hope this works

dee5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
Northwest Arkansas
Well that stinks, doesn't it? The problem for us is we don't know what kind of ecig it is and can't see it for ourselves but.... alot of times those cartomizers are pretty dry even when fresh out of the package. OR- the battery might not be making a good connection with the cartomizer and so the coil isn't heating up. Get a paper clip and unbend it, or get a hook type dental tool and see if you can insert it in the small hole on the batt end and the carto end (one at a time) and try to wiggle/pry up the posts a bit so they make better contact with each other. I'm glad you have a better kit coming. Don't feel bad, most of us started with crap kits too but it peeks your interest enough to try something better. Good luck!

nebulas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Earth

sgregory620

Sep 16, 2012
KY
The free is only for 30 days. I am going to send it back when I get my new one, I just wanted to try out this style before I spent SO much. I am even thinking about blocking them from taking anything out of my account just in case... I was so nervous about getting started I just said what the heck lol now I am concerned they are just going to send me things and charge me

JessyDrastic

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Boston
there are some great vendors that are reputable... also a lot of them have discount codes, so you may find yourself a really good deal - especially if you find a place that will give you 20% off your first order with them or another type of promotion...
i found a page with a ton of codes listed here: http://wevape.net ..
the best vendor i've used so far has been myfreedomsmokes.com.... they shipped my eGos regular USPS and they came in 2 days...! :O

oh and welcome to ECF...! :vapor:

There are some really great vendors to be found on ECF. I recently moved off analogs permanently after doing some research here on the good mods and ecigs. I initially tried vaping over a year ago but went back to analogs because of the lack of knowledge/crappy product I was using. Now I feel confident that I have the basic understanding to never have to run into that again, and I have backups for backups.

Do yourself a favor and only buy quality products and keep at least one backup on hand at all times. It will not only keep you away from analogs(the ultimate goal), but it will remove much of the frustration that comes with being new to vaping. Research, research, research...and then purchase two of whatever you decide on! Haha...at least that's my philosophy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread