I finally found my perfect build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaynoh1215

Aug 9, 2014
el monte, ca
I've trying build after build in my Vulcan for some time now, trying to get that perfect balance of flavor, vapor production and throat hit. I believe I have found it. 26 gauge twisted kenthal, 4 wrap micro coil. uploadfromtaptalk1411866078425.jpg

blackbalt89

Aug 12, 2014
New Jersey
Is the Vulcan really that hard to build for? I'm not a coil wrapping expert, yet, and I've got one on the way. :(

I've only got 26ga and 0 experience with twisted wire or parallel wraps. Which would you suggest for a noob like me? I've made a few builds myself so the wrapping part is not a big deal, just never played with twisted or parallel. Not that I wouldn't like to.

Kaynoh1215

Aug 9, 2014
el monte, ca
Is the Vulcan really that hard to build for? I'm not a coil wrapping expert, yet, and I've got one on the way. :(

I've only got 26ga and 0 experience with twisted wire or parallel wraps. Which would you suggest for a noob like me? I've made a few builds myself so the wrapping part is not a big deal, just never played with twisted or parallel. Not that I wouldn't like to.
I wouldn't say it's hard to build for, it's extremely easy to build on. It's just hard to build to my liking. I ask just like doing different builds. Once you get building more and more you get the hang of it. You just have to remember to keep your builds safe. IMO twisted kenthal is great for flavor, as parallel builds are great for cloud chasing, but to each their own. Good luck with your Vulcan and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. If you have any questions or problems, don't hesitate to ask me or anyone else on here. I'm no expert but will help as much as possible.

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
Personally, I do a dual 7 wrap of 26 gauge for .37 ohms +/- .03 ohms or so. According to my ohm reader anyway. I wrap it around a 2.5mm bit and it's a sleeper coil, so it's all one strand of wire. I lay it in my Trident V2's slots and screw it all down. The Trident is on top a Reo and has been modded for bottom feeding. No dripping necessary, and it chucks quite the clouds. I had the same build around a 2.0mm bit for .32 ohms, and it was a little too intense. Just a little though. Quite a bit of vapor coming out of that little Trident though

Kaynoh1215

Aug 9, 2014
el monte, ca
Personally, I do a dual 7 wrap of 26 gauge for .37 ohms +/- .03 ohms or so. According to my ohm reader anyway. I wrap it around a 2.5mm bit and it's a sleeper coil, so it's all one strand of wire. I lay it in my Trident V2's slots and screw it all down. The Trident is on top a Reo and has been modded for bottom feeding. No dripping necessary, and it chucks quite the clouds. I had the same build around a 2.0mm bit for .32 ohms, and it was a little too intense. Just a little though. Quite a bit of vapor coming out of that little Trident though
I had never heard of Reos, let alone bottom feeder attys, before I came to this forum. I must say the more I read about them, the more I'm intrigued. I think of the bottom feeding system a lot like a genesis system, which I've had a few of, but with more control. I love the small profile of the tiny Reo and the wooden ones I've seen had me sold till I saw the price lol. I do see one in my near future. I've even contemplated on building my own and using one of those custom bottom feeding attys I've seen bouncing around here. What's your experience with bottom feeders?

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
My experience is that it's my go to device, has never wronged me, and never ever failed me. Reos aren't cheap and they're a little old school, but I haven't found anything that both satisfies me, and has such a maximum level of convenience. Grab and go, no worries. Easy filling, easy battery changes, user serviceable, replaceable parts, what more could you ask? Plus the owner of the company is on the forum too. I've had conversations with Rob in multiple threads

Kaynoh1215

Aug 9, 2014
el monte, ca
My experience is that it's my go to device, has never wronged me, and never ever failed me. Reos aren't cheap and they're a little old school, but I haven't found anything that both satisfies me, and has such a maximum level of convenience. Grab and go, no worries. Easy filling, easy battery changes, user serviceable, replaceable parts, what more could you ask? Plus the owner of the company is on the forum too. I've had conversations with Rob in multiple threads
I'm all about old school, simplicity and convenience, I really gotta get my hands on one soon! And thank you for sharing that with me.

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
I'm all about old school, simplicity and convenience, I really gotta get my hands on one soon! And thank you for sharing that with me.

No worries sir. They don't look like much but they really can crank out the power. I only use VTC5's in mine, and in the rare situation I'm vaping above 0.8 ohms, I'll use an AW IMR. The button top batteries are nice with the Reo because the throw of the fire button is shorter with a button top than with a flat top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread