I found my sweet spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoebunnie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Plano, TX
Reo #2 with the cyclone atty just hasn't been hitting for me. There was very little vapor and I felt like I was going to bust a blood vessel trying to pull on it. Tonight I had enough and rebuilt the coil and repositioned the atty. Now it's hitting like a champ full of Strawnilla goodness! I love this thing almost as much as I love Nicoticket's magical elixirs, specifically Strawnilla right now. When I went to fill the bottle I was a little shocked how much is gone as I've only been testing it here and there for the past month. :vapor:

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
Do you have an rm2? I'm wondering if I would like a cyclone better. I feel like I'm just not getting the flavor I was expecting. I don't know if its because my coils keep coming out to 1.2 ohms or something else.

Are you leaving an air gap under your coils and lining up your intake directly to the side of the coil? If not, pull your cap, make a small center mark on the outside of the coil base with a fine tipped Sharpie and than re-install the top cap and tighten it down making sure to line the intake up with the mark. The O ring on the base should give enough play to get the cap lined up to the coil while still giving it a nice seal.

Shoebunnie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Plano, TX
Do you have an rm2? I'm wondering if I would like a cyclone better. I feel like I'm just not getting the flavor I was expecting. I don't know if its because my coils keep coming out to 1.2 ohms or something else.

Until I got the cyclone set correctly I preferred the RM2. It feels like it's a RDA for dummies it's so simple to use. That's exactly what I need. Now I think they are pretty equal but to be fair I should really use them side by side. I would do it now but my audience teases me enough so I will have to try it out when he isn't home.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Flavor will be effected by ohm of coil and airflow, the sweet spot can change by juice. In general smaller chambers have a bit more flavor. So I find the Cyclone can be slightly better for flavor but they are very very close.

Think of how the air flows through the RM2 or any other RBA. It comes in the side air hole and bends up going out the drip tip. The more fresh air you get flowing around your coil, both top an bottom, the more vapor and flavor you will get. That's why we say pull the coil out towards the edge and line it up so it's centered on the air intake hole. This way the most air possible will flow above and below it.

A 1.2 ohm coil should produce very good flavor. Post a pic of your coil and wick.

PersimmonNJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2009
New York, NY, USA
Flavor will be effected by ohm of coil and airflow, the sweet spot can change by juice. In general smaller chambers have a bit more flavor. So I find the Cyclone can be slightly better for flavor but they are very very close.

Think of how the air flows through the RM2 or any other RBA. It comes in the side air hole and bends up going out the drip tip. The more fresh air you get flowing around your coil, both top an bottom, the more vapor and flavor you will get. That's why we say pull the coil out towards the edge and line it up so it's centered on the air intake hole. This way the most air possible will flow above and below it.

A 1.2 ohm coil should produce very good flavor. Post a pic of your coil and wick.

Even with careful positioning, anytime I go under 1.5 I am getting harsh taste rather than flavor. Tried a 1.3 earlier tonight after enlarging the airhole a little more and was very harsh even adjusting the coil position several times. Ripped that one out and next is 1.45 and still rather harsh.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Even with careful positioning, anytime I go under 1.5 I am getting harsh taste rather than flavor. Tried a 1.3 earlier tonight after enlarging the airhole a little more and was very harsh even adjusting the coil position several times. Ripped that one out and next is 1.45 and still rather harsh.
Can you post a pic of the coil?

taki1203

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2013
NorCal
Airflow becomes much more important the lower you go in the ohms. I also found that having the coil too low (basically to the point where it is sitting in any excess juice) causes it to boil rather than vaporize and leads to really really harsh hits. I run both my Cyclones (with AFC caps) well below 1 ohm and get plenty of vapor and flavor.

Last edited:

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle

Nic level?

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Yes, I have the airhole drilled out to 5/64" now and it always lines up perfectly in front of the coil. I have the coil as close to the cap as I can get it. I'm getting quite a bit of vapor. Maybe my 6mg juices are all too new and need more steep time.

Pics are a bit of a problem atm because my desktop crashed. I will try to get one up in the next day or two.

Oh, wait...I thought the airhole was supposed to be in front of the coil. Its supposed to be on the side of it?

Last edited:

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Pushing the coil down and back away from the air hole will blend in more fresh air to vapor at the cost of flavor and vapor.

You could try not sealing your lips on the drip tip completely and drawing in a little fresh air from around the drip tip as you inhale. I do this on my Chalice RBAs to be able to take lung hits. This experiment will let you know if it's an air fuel mixture problem.

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
(Oh, wait...I thought the airhole was supposed to be in front of the coil. Its supposed to be on the side of it?[/QUOTE])

The side as opposed to either end or it could also be described as the side of the coil and in between the coil posts.....;)

You may also try raising or lowering the coil from or to the deck a bit.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
(Oh, wait...I thought the airhole was supposed to be in front of the coil. Its supposed to be on the side of it?
)

The side as opposed to either end or it could also be described as the side of the coil and in between the coil posts.....;)

You may also try raising or lowering the coil from or to the deck a bit.[/QUOTE]

That's where I have it. Smack dab between the posts. I guess that is the side of the coil, lol!

PersimmonNJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2009
New York, NY, USA
Nic level?

6mg

Coil.jpg
Sorry for bad pic...phone didnt want to focus well.

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
This one is twisted and built to 0.8 but give this set up a shot building to which ever ohms you are comfortable with.........Note that the coil is level to the deck and that there is an ample air gap under the coil after being wicked......Make sure that your intake is lined up directly to the center of the coil.......

wrapped and set.jpg

wicked2.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread