Status
Not open for further replies.

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
Crappy pic, I couldn't focus on the coil and the readout. Darn phones.

CAM00090_zpso8wonhaf.jpg
[/IMG]

Five wraps of 30GA made .94 ohms. Five wraps of another wire I got as a freebie (nichrome maybe?) got me 1.47 ohms...so I went to tried and true kanthal so I could give it a real comparison. I know some do tighter coils, but I burn cotton...a lot. I found the spacing helps.

First impressions from someone who wasn't building coild until I got the RM2 back in August.

Building:
It's easy to work with, I can see the RM2 being easier if you are a magnifying glass person. The posts are a little closer, but it was not a problem.

Looks:
Nice. Very minimalist compared to the RM2, no grooves, rounded. I like both. Size is pretty close in all reality. I prefer the screw on cap...at the moment.

vape:
First hit...I thought, screw this. The RM2 wins. Got the wick wetter, tried it again. Much better. It probably gives off more vapor, but I went a little lower resistance, so I can't compare quite equally yet. Great flavor.

Absolutely a Rob quality product. I had high expectations and I would say they were met.

Last edited:

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
I received an Igo-s from Rob today and wrapped a .7 ohm coil with 28 gauge kanthal 6 wraps on a 1.4 mm screwdriver with cotton.
On mine the juice feed hole lies just above the insulator 90 degrees from the positive post wire feed hole. At first glance I didn't see it. the workmanship is beautiful.
Simple as the RM2 to build out and feeds the deck and drains with no problems. Feed hole is just the right size so a "normal" pressure squonk is more than adequate. Cap is the same height and diameter as the RM2 but tapers inward at the top. One would think this style cap may lend itself to a more even vapor flow into the drip tip, IDK.
I put a 1 x 10mm o ring on the 510 connector to line up the atty coil for the way I vape the Reo. The Igo's deck diameter fits perfectly in the mini 2.1 catch cup. The only problem I have is the top o ring allows the cap a little wobble; but easily remedied with one with a little more girth. It hits like a Mack truck.

Kudos to Rob another fantastic RBA, well priced with superb craftsmanship.

igo close.jpg

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
Same post screws as RM2? -.^ and where does the juice feed from? hows the drain? do you prefer metal over ceramic cup? is the igo flat and not concave like the RM2?

Not the same screws. Igos are longer. Krazirob is right on the feed. I spend a few minutes looking and wondering if I had an unfinished one :laugh: Drains well. It's flat, but that seems ok...and I can't give a metal/ceramic preference yet. No issues with the metal for me at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread