I got 2 questions ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
A. The AGA-T2 or the new AGA-TD is a good one...it's a genesis type (I ordered a Caravela Style replica, and a matching Caravela tank from FT [both genesis type] can't wait..some time mid June it will probably be here :p)
2. Resistance wire is what glows when the current flows thru it, non-resistance wire is very very low resistance and shouldn't glow when heated (aka the coil is resistance wire and glows, the little legs to the coil with non-resistance won't glow and burn the rubber gaskets making the vape taste like burnt rubber)
D. Good luck :D

Last edited:

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
I wanna kick myself...I forgot a very important part of my first question: bottom coil rebuildable

I've been rebuilding kanger coils, but I noticed that it gets hotter with the rebuilt coils, and my coils are above 2 ohm, am I doing anything wrong (using 32 awg kanthal) and a 5/6 wrap.
vapes nice tho

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
How hard do you vape...if you chain vape...it will get warm (this is why I have 4 rigs) puff one a few times, swap em out...different flavors, batteries last longer

What wattage you running at? Are you coils spread out wide on the wick or squeezed tight?

I try to build all my protank coils to 2ohm..they seem to hit pretty solid on all my VW rigs

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
I always have 2-4 mods on me ... there is space between the coils (best guess is approx 1 mm) can't make it too widely spaced, has to fit in the coil cup without touching the sides or top ... how hard I hit it is up to what flavor is in tank :D ... joking aside: sometimes I hit them harder than others, but it still seems that even the 2.x ohm coils I made are getting warmer than the purchased ones ...and I do switch out what I'm vaping on continuously ... before I get back to one it's quite cooled
I keep volt and watt on pretty much the lowest setting available ....for most devices that's 3 V or 6 W (except MVP2, which starts at 3.3 V)

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
Just want to drop this here

Be advised...there is a learning curve to the genesis style atomizers...but as you see even PBusardo has an Epiphany!

Z Atty Clone too :D

I see what you did here :D

I do have a Steam turbine clone....and loving it....and I get it, but I want that experience to be able to travel with me
...and due to the design of those attys and the way they would be stored when I'm on the go, it has to be bottom coil rebuildable.

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
not quite satisfied with the answers I've gotten so far...
no slight or offense meant toward WarHawk-AVG (please don't be mad at me ...?)
just really would like to know about some decent rebuildable bottom coil tanks ?
....and the kanthal question was answered satisfactorily.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
You may want to look into the Taifun, kayfun and Russian styled attys...

forget the "may" part- the kayfunClan(kayfuns, russians, and all the clones) are THE way to go. start with the russians- easy to build and maintain with no leaking, great taste, and durable. with a kanthal coil/cotton wick it takes seconds to pull the old wick, quick dry burn the coil, and slide in a new wick. load up with juice and your good to go. there is a reason they have become so popular- they work and just about anybody can take care of the builds. with so many videos on how to do any coil and wick combos they are a rarity in the vaping world. they actually work as advertised.......

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
If you are otherwise happy with the Kangers, I suggest purchasing a pack of NR/R ready-wires for your builds. Should cool things down to your liking. I'm fairly certain the retail heads use NR/R wires, so that's probably the difference you're experiencing.

Kanthal Ready Wires

I'll have to give those a try.
thank you, great suggestion, didn't those existed.

does it actually hurt anything, that the bottom of tank becomes rather warm (battery or tank itself)?

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I'll have to give those a try.
thank you, great suggestion, didn't those existed.

does it actually hurt anything, that the bottom of tank becomes rather warm (battery or tank itself)?

It's not exactly good.... ;) I currently use the ready wires for my Kangers, and Sophia RBAs. Before that.. the Diver, Terminator C, (GG Odysseus clone) and Hercules. (GG Ithaka clone) I've been quite satisfied with the wires from Stormy's. 9 times out of 10, the rated resistance is bang-on. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread